• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backpack on rides?

Second the comment above. Also, I recommend something that is waterproof. Vera Bradley makes a nice size one that is waterproof and not overly heavy. You can get them cheap on Amazon.

Re: Soarin, in the off chance that your backpack won't fit under the seat, you can sit it to the front of you and the CM will move it to the side where it will be waiting for you to off load. As PP mentioned, you never have to worry about locker storage for a ride at Disney. You can always bring a bag with you in to the ride. There's a way to accommodate all bags somehow.

Are backpacks okay on all rides? What about something like Soarin? Thanks!
Alot of people opt to use a locker for Kali River Rapids but other than that you can store it under/near your seat for everything else. For Soarin it can go under the seat or just left on the ground near your seat. There are some rides where a back too big may cause issues (Space Mnt, Rock n Roller Coaster) especially for larger guests but so long as the bag isn't too big it shouldn't be a problem

I've taken a pretty big (regular sized) backpack on all rides with no problem at Disney. At Universal, even tiny bags have to go in lockers on many rides.

I use a medium size backpack and it goes on every ride with me except FoP. soaring, it goes under my seat, like Star Tours. Have not been on GoTG, so not sure there. Even the rollercoasters, it goes on the floor and I put the shoulder strap around my leg and it never goes anywhere.

I carried a medium sized backpack with me for a 10 day trip - 9 of those in Disney and 1 in Universal. Only Universal created mild inconvenience. Disney was always easy. I can't remember the ins and out of every ride and I didn't go on absolutely everything, but it won't be an issue.

I use a medium size backpack and it goes on every ride with me except FoP. soaring, it goes under my seat, like Star Tours. Have not been on GoTG, so not sure there. Even the rollercoasters, it goes on the floor and I put the shoulder strap around my leg and it never goes anywhere.

GOTG has lots of leg room & I put my regular size backpack down by my feet. I will say that the seating/carts is something they got right for GOTG compared to other rides!

My regular size backpack goes on every ride with me except FOP (where it's in a cubby behind you) & Soarin' (where I leave it on the ground in front of me & a CM moves it to the side). It goes by my feet & I step thru the straps to hold it.

GOTG has lots of leg room & I put my regular size backpack down by my feet. I will say that the seating/carts is something they got right for GOTG compared to other rides!

My regular size backpack goes on every ride with me except FOP (where it's in a cubby behind you) & Soarin' (where I leave it on the ground in front of me & a CM moves it to the side). It goes by my feet & I step thru the straps to hold it.

Yup the "big boy" coasters Everest, Guardians, and Rockin' Rollercoaster all let you keep your full size back pack at your feet. Which is super nice.

No problems with backpacks. Here is a photo of us at Universal with our backpacks. I have no idea why my sister took this photo but it shows you just how big of a backpack you can carry. My poor brother in law was a practical pack mule by the end of our Hollywood Studios night. My nephew had built a light saber at Savi's and a droid that came in a backpack so he ended up carrying two backpacks, light saber and a popcorn bucket. He had to carry all that on SDD, TSMM, MMRR and Smuggler's Run.

IMG_0443.JPGIMG_4762.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter