• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backpack checks?

cmbelle

Chocoholic extraordinaire
I haven't been to the parks for 2 years, and things have changed. Last time we brought in a backpack, filled with necessities. Can we still do that? I figure this is the easiest way to carry diapers, wipes, change of clothes, etc...

We did it last year without a problem. They will have you check, but are more that used to looking at a pack full of diapers.

My husband bought a fanny pack down there that was big enough for about three or four diapers and enough wipes for half a day. We stayed on site. Although I had the backpack for jackets, etc, that fanny pack actually turned out to be great - we still use it as the worlds smallest diaper bag.

Just returned from WDW....they do allow backpacks but you have to go thru security, which had a rather substantial line, but seemed to move quickly....those without bags zip through.

If you use a see through backpack (either clear vinyl or mesh fabric), you won't have to unzip all the compartments for security (as long as they can see everything), and you'll pass through security quicker.

When security checked my diaper bag, the man said to me: "Ma'am, I'm afraid you have some contraband in here." My eyes got very wide and I leaned over to look inside to see what he meant.

"See that apple there," he said, "Snow White doesn't like them in here." Then he winked and handed me my bag.

Don't you just love Disney?

Susan

I assume from the apple comment that they are okay with snacks coming in? What about sandwiches?

Hi Christibelle,

Enjoy your trip. To answer your question, I think "officially," you are not allowed to bring any outside food into the parks. That being said, I have never had a problem with snacks or water bottles. I wouldn't try to bring in a cooler or cans or bottles, but otherwise you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll have to figure out what to do with the backpack. I was going to just take my son's school back pack (but it has Harry Potter on it - hmmm...that may not be so good), it's also canvas with 5 compartments. We may never get through security.

We have a large backpack and every day packed snacks and bottled water. We opened every compartment before we got to the security table. We were prepared(this is appreciated by the people in line behind you!) Absolutely no problems.

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter