Backpack Alternatives (Male)

CoachBeard

Mouseketeer
I searched and found some threads about a decade old filled with broken links. I’m also hoping there have been some improvements offered since 2012.

I will be embarking on my first solo trip for 4 full park days in November. I’m going to be a 40 year old dude part way through that trip and I have always hated carrying a backpack at the parks. I’d like to know if anyone has any alternative suggestions for carrying items around the parks?

I like to travel light and often wear shirts that have snapping or buttoning breast pockets where I keep cash and cards. But I’ll also have a few medications I’ll need to keep close by, some individually wrapped Dude Wipes, maybe a water bottle, glasses/sunglasses, hat, and depending on the weather possibly a sweatshirt or jacket.
I am not opposed to sticking a backpack in a locker but I’ll still have plenty of items I could need on short notice.

Let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks!

Cargo shorts? Most of that stuff you mentioned will fit in the pockets. Is a fanny pack an option? I know you don't want to, but you're solo...no one has to know. ;)
Fanny pack maybe! Cargo shorts hard no.

Anyone have links to good Fanny packs?

Another suggestion for cargo shorts. I've got several nice pairs of golf-type cargo shorts that don't even look like they are cargo shorts. Very handy.

I just can't do cargos. Regardless, I try to keep as much out of my pockets as I can on a normal day. Having all my stuff in a pocket near my knee would not be ideal. I didn't realize these slings existed and I've now found several that fit the bill. Thank you for showing them to me! A nice compromise between a backpack and a murse/bum bag/fanny pack.

Will you have pockets? You only need your wallet and keys. That's what I bring with me when I am solo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter