Back.....

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Well, that wasn't the trip we'd hoped and looked forward to all year! It pales into nothing compared to the horror brought to Paris in recent days.

We decided to travel on Saturday as out stay at Cheyenne didn't start until Mon - we were due to stay until next Sat but came home last night. Travel Republic, Disneyland Paris and Easyjet have all been superb in sorting us out getting home and refunding. Had we known it would be closed until Weds we wouldn't have travelled but you do waht you can at the time.

The Cast Members were fantastic around the Village and resorts were fantastic. I am so sorry for anyone who had their trip disrupted - I hope we will be in a position where we can return soon.

Nick

Sorry your stay was ruined :( can I ask what made you return home early? If the park reopens on Wednesday you'd have a couple of park days before Saturday? Just wondering if you felt safe really!

Sorry your stay was ruined :( can I ask what made you return home early? If the park reopens on Wednesday you'd have a couple of park days before Saturday? Just wondering if you felt safe really!

Hiya! Security was definitely an element of it - Disney seems such a natural target and things seem so uncertain - there was a different atmosphere and as we hadn't started our Disney Hotel stay we're better to come home and either cancel or re-book that for a time in the future.

I suppose I have time on my side to make our decision. If I was due to go soon I would definitely postpone. I love, love, love DLP but I want to go and relax, enjoy the magic and be carefree. I don't want to be watching over my shoulder constantly, scared to separate from dh or the children etc etc.

I came back last night too and agree, paris is very on edge at the moment it (rightly so) doesn't feel like normal disney and with two young children I just wanted to get home.

Thanks, it's nothing compared to what poor people of paris have gone through so sad.

My little girl just wanted to see Frozen parade on her birthday

Shame your trips were disrupted but good to go back at a later date

I also echo Nick cast members did best they could do lots of characters round hotel. Just glad we was staying at a disney hotel.

We are going to WDW next year but will definitely return to DLP in the future :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter