Back to my Happy Place! FINAL UPDATE 6/28 - Pg. 20 Posts #291 & #292

Continued...

Since we were leaving Hollywood later in the evening, we decided to check the "Oscar set-up" one last time...we had seen the red carpet, but I was still crossing my fingers to see a gold statue...

Guess what? It was there!!! :dance3:

Of course we had to take a few pictures to show that we were there!

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

Although we had an unbelievable day up to this point in time, we still had one more place to go...Jimmy Kimmel Live! :yay:

We took quite a few pictures before going because we couldn't bring cameras in...

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

We had to get some pictures from the ground level too...

DSC_0360.jpg

Check out the red carpet! :woohoo:

DSC_0361.jpg

Chris and I lined up for Kimmel outside of the theater about an hour and a half ahead of time just to make sure that we got seats. There were 3 sets of tickets that went out...priority, general admission, and stand-by. We had general admission, so we didn't want to take any chances. The wait didn't seem that bad......we had great people in line with us and we made the most of our time! :thumbsup2

We soon found out that when you are brought into the theater, your place in line is pretty irrelevant because the production staff hand picks your seats. The whole group around us was directed to head up to the top of the stairs in the theater. They stopped us and told us to wait. Looking around, we noticed that there were two small rows of seats right at the stage, a small gap for the cameras, and then many rows of seating for the audience. Chris and I were directed to sit in the front row center!!! We couldn't believe our luck!!! However, after sitting for about a half hour, one of the very apologetic assistant producers said his boss needed us to move because her friends were coming to the show and she wanted them to have the best seats in the house. So, they moved us back ONE ROW. We were still on cloud nine... :cloud9:

Here is a picture from our show...we made it on camera! :rotfl: We are in the 2nd row on the right-hand side. In case you're wondering, the guy standing up in the aisle is Adam Corolla, who was Jimmy's cohost of the Manshow.

DSC_0582.jpg

We were told that 947,000 people applied for tickets for tonight's show and we were the lucky ones who got in... :eek:

The show was fantastic! It was upbeat and fun the entire time. Jimmy Kimmel kept us laughing and Jessica Alba (one of the guests) was adorable. If we ever head back to LA, Chris and I will definitely try to hit a Kimmel show in the future! :thumbsup2

After the show, we headed back to the Magic Castle to catch our car pick-up to Anaheim. We hadn't visited the Happiest Place on Earth yet, but I felt like we'd already been pixiedusted more than once this trip!
:goodvibes

Up Next: A bit of birthday magic and California Adventure
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44762484&postcount=216

Second row at Kimmel??? You really did have the most amazing trip! And you were on camera!!! :thumbsup2

The museum also looks fantastic! I am such a sucker for movie memorabilia that I would have been in heaven!

What an amazing trip this has been!

Was there an admission fee for the Hollywood Museum? Seems like a great place! :thumbsup2

Hooray for the gold statue being up! :woohoo:

Second row for Jimmy Kimmel, awesome!

Wow, Lynne, just WOW! What an amazing trip this was, I'm as equally excited and happy for you as I am jealous :laughing:

Sorry, I've been MIA thus far, real life has been crazy the past few months and I haven't been DISing at all. I've missed it though and it feels good to be back on.

Looking forward to hearing all about DL!

Great update!!! I am loving your pictures!!!

You guys look like you have so much fun on your trips!!! I love how you both pose with the different props! :goodvibes

Wow, amazing seats at Jimmy Kimmel!!! I can't believe how many people applied for tickets!

Oh yeah, there's proof that you're "camera worthy"! :flower3: How awesome that you got to be down in front at JKL!

The Hollywood museum looks pretty interesting, too! I felt lucky just to have seen Wicked in the Pantageos (?) You had an amazing adventure there!!!!

Looking forward to your Birthday at the Happy Place!

awesome trip report :goodvibes if you remember me I'm the one who asked about your time at the Magic Castle. I have another question for you, though. About how long did you take inside the Hollywood Museum? During my Hollywood day I have the Paramount Studios Tour, the Museum, wax museum and a grauman's tour planned. I hope I have enough time.

Your seats for Jimmy were so sweet! I was lucky enough to get tickets to a Conan O'Brien taping, I hope we get seats like yours (I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the guests are awesome).

As usual, what a wonderful update. That museum was great. I think that we are going to have to check it out in the future. Isn't that funny about Jimmy Kimmel and the lines? Since we were on the Disney tour they had us lined up in an area and we were the first ones taken in. But they placed us in that second tier in the middle. I agree with you, it was a great time. I think it is always fun to do something different.

Thanks for sharing your visit to the Hollywood Museum! I never got a chance to visit it when I was there in January but my son's gf (who works for Sony Pictures) had a friend on the Jimmy Kimmel Live staff who got us VIP seating and we sat in the second row just opposite of where you sat. That is SO neat that you still got excellent seats and didn't get moved back.

Here's a pic of us (the first three in the 2nd row - my son's gf, my son and then me with my hands raised up - not sure why I was clapping that way lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...9547782984_1393038867_3177082_819811338_n.jpg

Second row at Kimmel??? You really did have the most amazing trip! And you were on camera!!! :thumbsup2
YES! We were so happy and surprised by our fantastic seats! :yay: Making it on camera was just a bonus! :goodvibes

The museum also looks fantastic! I am such a sucker for movie memorabilia that I would have been in heaven!
I am exactly the same way! The museum was great! :thumbsup2

What an amazing trip this has been!

It really was an amazing trip...I don't think I would have changed a thing! :goodvibes

Was there an admission fee for the Hollywood Museum? Seems like a great place! :thumbsup2

The Hollywood Museum was $15 a person. Even though it was a bit steep, I thought it was well worth it! :goodvibes

Hooray for the gold statue being up! :woohoo:
I KNOW!!! I was so excited!!! :yay:

Second row for Jimmy Kimmel, awesome!
We couldn't believe it...luck was on our side for sure that day!!! :woohoo:

Sounds like a fantastic trip! Keep up the great work on the TR, I'm enjoying reading it!:thumbsup2
It really was an amazing trip!!! :goodvibes Glad you're enjoying my TR...I appreciate your kind words! :flower3:

What an amazing time! I love all of the little surprises along the way. :thumbsup2
We had a really great time!!! :goodvibes We definitely enjoyed all of the surprises too! :thumbsup2

Wow!!! What incredible seats!!! And the museum looked like it was amazing! :cloud9:

I KNOW!!! Can you believe it? We sure got lucky!!1 :woohoo: The museum was really cool and I was so glad we decided to stop there! :thumbsup2

Wow, Lynne, just WOW! What an amazing trip this was, I'm as equally excited and happy for you as I am jealous :laughing:
Thanks! :flower3: It truly was an amazing trip...it seemed to get better by the day!!!

Sorry, I've been MIA thus far, real life has been crazy the past few months and I haven't been DISing at all. I've missed it though and it feels good to be back on.
I know that feeling all too well...life is definitely busy! But, glad to have you back on!!! :hug:

Looking forward to hearing all about DL!
Can't wait to share, Michelle! :thumbsup2

Great update!!! I am loving your pictures!!!
Thank you so much!!! :flower3:

You guys look like you have so much fun on your trips!!! I love how you both pose with the different props! :goodvibes
We really do have a great time together! We try to make the best of every situation!!! :goodvibes

Wow, amazing seats at Jimmy Kimmel!!! I can't believe how many people applied for tickets!
I KNOW!!! My jaw about dropped when they announced how many people applied! :eek: We felt so fortunate to be seated in the second row...luck was definitely on our side that day! :thumbsup2

Oh yeah, there's proof that you're "camera worthy"! :flower3: How awesome that you got to be down in front at JKL!
Camera worthy? :lmao: I don't know about that, but we felt LUCKY to get such fantastic seats! :goodvibes

The Hollywood museum looks pretty interesting, too! I felt lucky just to have seen Wicked in the Pantageos (?) You had an amazing adventure there!!!!
The museum was really cool and I was so glad we took the time to explore it! I LOVE Wicked!!! :yay: And to have seen it at the Pantages Theater??? I'm jealous!

Looking forward to your Birthday at the Happy Place!
Can't wait to share!!! :thumbsup2

awesome trip report :goodvibes
Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

if you remember me I'm the one who asked about your time at the Magic Castle.
Of course I remember you! :thumbsup2

I have another question for you, though. About how long did you take inside the Hollywood Museum? During my Hollywood day I have the Paramount Studios Tour, the Museum, wax museum and a grauman's tour planned. I hope I have enough time.
Chris and I spent about an hour and a half inside the museum. We didn't feel rushed in that time period and really took our time reading and looking at everything. Looking at your schedule, I can say that the Grauman's tour is only about 30 minutes and the wax museum shouldn't take more than an hour. I don't know about the Paramount Studios Tour though???

Your seats for Jimmy were so sweet! I was lucky enough to get tickets to a Conan O'Brien taping, I hope we get seats like yours (I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the guests are awesome).
We really did get lucky on the seats!!! Conan O'Brien? Cool!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get great seats too! :thumbsup2

As usual, what a wonderful update.
Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

That museum was great. I think that we are going to have to check it out in the future.
We had a great time exploring the museum! Definitely check it out if you head back to LA in the future! :thumbsup2

Isn't that funny about Jimmy Kimmel and the lines? Since we were on the Disney tour they had us lined up in an area and we were the first ones taken in. But they placed us in that second tier in the middle. I agree with you, it was a great time. I think it is always fun to do something different.
Yeah...the line situation was definitely a bit strange. After seeing all of the people in the VIP line go into the theater in front of us, I honestly didn't know where we were going to be seated. So I can definitely say that we were both happy and surprised! :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing your visit to the Hollywood Museum! I never got a chance to visit it when I was there in January but my son's gf (who works for Sony Pictures) had a friend on the Jimmy Kimmel Live staff who got us VIP seating and we sat in the second row just opposite of where you sat. That is SO neat that you still got excellent seats and didn't get moved back.
The Hollywood Museum was great! We were so glad we took the time to explore it! :goodvibes

Here's a pic of us (the first three in the 2nd row - my son's gf, my son and then me with my hands raised up - not sure why I was clapping that way lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...9547782984_1393038867_3177082_819811338_n.jpg
You had FANTASTIC SEATS too! I love the picture!!! :thumbsup2

A bit of Birthday Magic & California Adventure

Upon seeing the signs for Disneyland, I started getting that excited feeling! We pulled into the Park Vue Inn and I knew we made a great choice as soon as I saw that it was directly across the street from the parks and the rooms were nice.

Here are a couple of room pictures...

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

Walking into the room, we found a nice welcome basket for us that contained water, fruit, and a wine bottle. Nice touch!

DSC_0365.jpg

There was also a birthday surprise for me!

DSC_0366.jpg

I opened the gift to find this...

DSC_0367.jpg

AND...the hotel reserved a petite cake for me at Coldstone, which was attached to the Park Vue Inn. DISNEY MAGIC ALREADY!!! :woohoo:

We were a bit tired after our long day and it was late, but we decided to turn on the TV to see if we could catch our Kimmel show from earlier. We were in luck and were able to relive our experience through watching the show. At one point, I laughed as Chris said, "Hey, I saw my head!" Soon, we happily fell asleep dreaming of all of the fun we were about to have in Disney...we were finally here! :cloud9:

The next morning we awoke bright and early and grabbed a bite to eat at the hotel. Here is a picture of the Park Vue Inn.

DSC_0369.jpg

Disneyland was directly across the street...

DSC_0368.jpg

Today we were headed for California Adventure!!!

DSC_0370.jpg

I loved all of the signs that were posted between the two parks. I guess it's the little things that make me smile...

DSC_0371.jpg

We went through the turnstiles at 9:30 a.m. However, the park didn't officially open until 10. So, we lined up with the masses at Paradise Pier. :eek:

DSC_0372.jpg

Chris and I wanted to hit the Toy Story ride first since there were no Fast Passes for this attraction. Unfortunately, this didn't happen because the ride was broke down. So, we made the executive decision to start off with a bang...California Screamin', here we come!!! :yay: This was our ride photo...

DSC_0373.jpg

I had forgotten how much I love this ride!!! It's fast, fun, and so smooth!!!

Up next, we decided to do Mickey's fun wheel...the moving side! Looking back, we probably should have chosen the stationary side because Chris was a bit nauseous afterward. He was a good sport though...he said he must be getting old because the rides don't feel quite the same as they used to!

DSC_0374.jpg

Look what I found...it's a brand new action figure from Toy Story 3! I love the fact that Chris is still a kid at heart! :lmao:

DSC_0375.jpg

Chris took a quick picture of me before moving along off the pier. Look carefully at the "Mickey Wheel" and you can see the cars "swinging." They do move quite a bit!!!

DSC_0377.jpg

The Little Mermaid was up next! This ride was a new addition since our last visit and it was absolutely adorable!

DSC_0378.jpg

We decided to take advantage of the FP system and picked up tickets to Soarin'.

DSC_0379.jpg

Look who we saw along the way!!! I thought she was adorable in her flight gear!

DSC_0381.jpg

Up next, it was time to take a taxi through Monstropolis...

DSC_0383.jpg

By this point in time, we were a little hungry so we stopped for some yummy snacks.

We got a smoothie...

DSC_0384.jpg

And who could forget the Mickey pretzel...YUM!

DSC_0385.jpg

Up Next: Disney Artists for a Day and The Grand Californian

Side Note: Chris and I are headed to the Kentucky Derby this weekend!!! This will be a first for us and we are so excited for this event! I'll be back to share more DL details with you early next week and I may even throw in a Derby picture or two. Enjoy the rest of your week!!!

Next Post... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44853527&postcount=230

Wow, that inn looks amazing! They really rolled out the welcome mat! Looks like fun times in California Adventure. We never got to go on the Mickey Wheel since it was being transformed into the Mickey version when we were there. We definitely will need to make a trip out there in the next couple of years. I hope you have a blast at the Kentucky Derby! I hope that you take plenty of pics for us and tell us all about it!

Yikes, nothing could get me on that wheel of death with the sliding cars! :laughing:

Love Minnie in her flight gear, how cute is that?!

Have fun at the Kentucky Derby. Did you buy yourself a cute hat to wear?

Park View Inn looks great! DS stayed there and said it was nice, but I didn't see any pics - I'm def. going to remember this one :thumbsup2 So nice that you got the gift basket and birthday surprise! Seems just as good as being on property, without the extra $$:cool1:

Too bad TSM was closed. :(You got off to a roaring start, though. I love the moving side on the Mickey Wheel, but no one in my fam wants to ride it with me!:sick: Hey, you found a handsome action figure for sure!:goodvibes

I've never seen Soarin' Minnie - how cute!:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter