• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back to back park days?

We usually visit WDW for 10 to 12 nights each trip. Apart from arrival and departure days, we're usually at the parks every day for nine or ten days. Not always opening to closing, but probably at least half of our park days are pretty close to full days!

Everyone's needs are different, though. We had one trip with a down day in the middle--my BFF felt miserable and the weather was miserable! A good day to take a break! *LOL*

For us, it's less expensive to take a longer trip to WDW every two years or so than take several shorter ones. Although we've been known to sneak in one or two shorter trips over the past seven years! :)

we went last year with dgs who was 6 at the time. We went 6 days in a row and I think we would have been better off if we had taken a break. If you are doing water parks or something, go there day 3.
It also depends when you are going- how late are the parks open and how well does everyone tolerate being tired?

we're hoping to go back early 2011 and we will plan a less hectic schedule. Since this will be his 2nd time, we dont feel the urgency to see everything immediately. :)

I like to take a break about half-way through our vacation, provided we're there for a week or more.

I definitely don't take a break every other day. That wouldn't work for us and our plans but if you have really young kids, or health issues, it might be a necessity for you.

I do think it helps tremendously to take a midday break from the parks. We did it when the weather was lovely, let alone in this current heat wave. We get to the parks early, leave around noon, then return around 6pm.

Yes we go back to back days. On a 7 day trip we too go to the parks every day. Depending on how we feel we may take a midday break for a swim/rest and then again we may not.
We have been many times and we no longer do "commando" days, but we do go every day.

Sounds exactly like how we do it. We just go at those parks every day and take breaks as needed. We are long past the days of commando touring.

We always go for 8 days. What we have done the last 2 trips, is go to the parks for like 3 or 4 days, then take 1 day off, and then go to the parks for 3 or 4 days again! I always plan our break day for Saturday. Seems like the weekend is always extra busy at the park, so we use that day to spend a couple hours at DTD and then just play in the arcade at the resort and swim. So we always go for like a Tues-Tues or Weds-Weds trip, so Saturday is midtrip! :)

I do have a preschooler though, so we also don't hit rope drop in the mornings. We're both happier if we sleep until about 9 am, and then he usually can last pretty much until close during the off seasons. And if he starts getting whiny, we just go back to the hotel for a nap for a few hours... I think it's important to just be flexible. If people start getting tired and cranky, I think it's better to take a quick nap! No one's going to be having fun if they are sleepy/cranky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter