• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from trip- thanks for all your help

seb65

Mouseketeer
I posted awhile back. I took my mom with my daughter and I on a three night trip. Mom has knee issues and wanted a scooter. I took the advice from here and rented her an off site ecv. She was glad we did. While she did ok without at Disney Springs, we didn't do a lot there.
She was nervous about the bus and thankfully one of the bus drivers wasn't her first experience or she would have thrown in the towel. He just barked orders while the others were patient. Each of them pushed it into place on the bus and off for her (she drove it down). When people wanting to get on the bus did not get out of the way of the ramp, I just said to her, "remember the brake!". They moved away after that ;) I mean, seriously, where did they think she'd go?? Mom was worried about people looking at her or making comments. No one did at all (did having her cane with her help? I don't know.) One lady looked annoyed, but I saw her later that day in the park and she still looked annoyed, so I guess that was just her having a bad day.
Driving in the park wasn't a problem for her, although I walked in front and if I saw a person not watching, I would shout out a warning to her. My daughter loved walking beside her and she'd ring the bell- lol.
I will say that my mom can't see well at night because of her eye trouble so chose to stay behind while we went to the fireworks and electrical parade. She didn't want to ride it at night. It may have been a wise choice as it seemed rather crowded.
She said she was glad she got the scooter (by the way, it stayed fully charged the whole time. She did park and walk to attractions). The walk to transportation would have been a lot for her. And it gave her a spot to sit in the shade and wait for us, when she chose.
We saw one man, really tired, in line for the bus. He asked about the scooter. He had had heart surgery and they were out of scooters at the park. He ended up calling the company and getting a scooter right there in line for the rest of his stay.

Last edited:
It looks like some of your post is missing near the beginning. Something to do with a bus??? You can go in and edit it if you want to fill that out.

Glad you had a great trip and Mom found the ECV helpful. Thanks for coming back to share.

It looks like some of your post is missing near the beginning. Something to do with a bus??? You can go in and edit it if you want to fill that out.
Yikes- yes it is missing! I typed this at the airport on my phone, so must have deleted part of it. I see the edit button and will fix- sorry!

Read your edited text. Sorry you got a grumpy driver, but I'm glad the rest were helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter