Back from the MAGIC!

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Well, our wonderful trip, like all things, did come to an end, and we are back at home after spending 7 nights and 8 days at DLP (minus the time we spent in the city of Paris itself). It may take me a while to get around to writing a proper trip report, but I took copious notes, so I won't have to rely on my memory when I do write it...

In short - it was FANTASTIC :flower1: :D :flower1: :D :flower1:

MEANWHILE, I have a sick child at home and tons of work on my desk.... but if you have any questions - shoot! I'll answer as quickly as I can. Here's what I consider myself a mini-expert on:

Disneyland Hotel and Castle Club
Sequoia Lodge
Rides, attractions, parades, etc.
Pin trading

And here's what I know next to nothing about:

Any of the other hotels
Full service restaurants (we hardly ever eat in them, but this trip we ate at Annettes four (yup) times, at Rainforest once, and had dessert at Auberge.
We are really not into food and just stop for it as a necessity :-)

I've been going on Disney trips with my now 13 year old daughter since she was 8, and always for extended trips.

That's it for now. Questions welcome and a real trip report will follow.

By the way, can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the now unfortunately superfluous trip countdown?

From rainy, feverish, overworked Haifa....

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time!
How was the Castle Club? Was it worth it? Were you either pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised with parts of it?

Hope your daughter feels better soon! :wizard: to her. Hopefully things will be better once the jet lag wears off.

Castle Club was really wonderful. I can't say I was "surprised" since I had heard only glowing reports about it beforehand. As for being "worth it" I will elaborate more in my trip report, but I was VERY happy that I went to the extra expense for our first two nights. Especially in winter, being practically in the park, and having the VIP fastpasses really added to the experience. As for the rates for Castle Club later I'll compare the price and services to WDW's premier concierge service (at Yacht Club resort) etc. But as a general answer - I was VERY HAPPY with Castle Club, and I sure feel spoiled now for future trips! I'll have to make sure the money is there to do it "right" next time as well!

Glad to hear that you have a lovely time :)

Looking forward to the detail of the trip report, especially the juicy bits on the Castle Club.

Reid

Great to see you back Jody - can't wait to hear all about your trip. So glad you had such a wonderful time! :)

JODY, soooooooo glad to hear you had a wonderful time !!!!
How was the castle club ???? :earseek: Very curious about it !!!

Lots of PD for your DD... hope she feels already better ! :love:

We thought of you two the whole week ; DH often said " Ehi, Jody is there in the magic ! what will she be doing now ?" and I ALWAYS answered :
:teleport: "Whatever they are doing ... I'm soooooo jealous !!!!!!!!! "

Could you get ALL the Christmas "events" on your first day ?
:cheer2: :cheer2:

I truly understand you've got a lot to do NOW !!! It took us a long time to write all of our reports ( meanwhile we had a lot of extra - fun !!!!)

Can't wait to read yours !!! :wave:

I miss DLP and our SL SOOOOOOO MUCH !!!! :sad:

Laura

Glad you had a good time and look forward to hearing all about it. Any photos? As far as deleting your countdown goes, I think you just go to "user CP" at the top and "edit signature" and then delete it. Hope Liav's well soon.

Can't wait to read your reports Jody! I enjoyed them so much last time :)

Look forward to hearing your trip report. I got back from DLP three weeks ago, we also stayed at the castle club, we had a park view room and eventhough the hotel was quite expensive, I think the location makes it all worth while. Just one question, did you get any welcome gifts in your room ? we didn't get any, just wondering if they have stop offering gifts or if they have forgotten.

No, no gifts... interestingly, last year we stayed for 7 nights at SL, and there we DID receive a gift - a nice Mickey glass filled with sweets and wrapped up festively. At that time I thought we received that because the manager thought it odd that we'd stay a whole week! This year (watch my reports) we stayed 5 nights at SL, and two at DH, and no gifts in either place. (BUT... those fastpassed and bath salts were heavenly!! :flower1:

Laura, I thought of you as well! Wished I had borrowed your bear jacket on several occasions! :flower1:
I know how you feel - jealousy is hard to avoid when we love the place so much - I love reading others' experiences at DLP, and get jealous as well! I was okay when you were there since my trip was coming up! :flower1:
Now I must get to work on planning the NEXT trip... (but first - the trip report!) I'm writing it in between spiking fevers and waiting on my sick daughter. I keep saying to her "we're not in Castle Club anymore, Toto!"!!! :flower: :D :flower:

Jody- great to hear you had a wonderful stay at DLP. I can't wait to read the trip report. I have a few questions, but I'll read it before asking. We're off in a few weeks time and I can't wait. I'm devouring any posts at all regarding the DL hotel and castle club!

Welcome back

Joanna

One question, if you don't mind. At what time is the afternoon tea at the Castle Club?
Thanks! ::MinnieMo

Sorry I didn't catch this before - tea is at 4. The CC lounge is open all day, but at 4 they put out a lovely buffet of cakes and cookies. Beverages are served at table per order, as they are all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter