Back from the 11/4 Wonder!!

DVC'96

Mouseketeer
Boy, I missed quite a discussion about my cruise!! We went to Disney after and just got back early 11/13 am so this is the first chance I've had to get online.

For the most part we had a great time. We never hit any rainy weather-just some rough seas. I think Disney did a great job and I never heard any people complaining or unhappy(maybe a few green ones :)

Sunday we got to the port a little after 10 and they didn't open the gates until 10:30 so I waited with my kids in the lot across the street until my husband returned on the Radisson shuttle. We had been watching the news all morning and Hurricane Michelle was heading right for the Bahamas! We had called the cruise line over the weekend and they said they don't cancel-but maybe we'd go to Mexico or somewhere else depending on what happened to Michelle. I was talking to Cm's in the parking lot and they all said they hadn't heard of a change in itenary. When we checked in we were told the same thing. Well, we knew we weren't going to Nassau, and I didn't want to be there in a hurricane anyway! Not until the lifeboat drill did they announce that we would go to Charleston, SC and have a day at sea. At first I thought that was crappy of them to wait until then to tell us, but then I thought can you imagine the chaos at check in if they told us then? I was really glad I hadn't booked that room at Atlantis-I would have lost all my $$.
I had no idea that people left the ship. It never even occured to me to do that. I had just spent 14 hours driving here and I planned this trip last Jan and pulled the kids out of school for 6 days.
That evening the water was a little rough-it wasn't from the Hurricane, but some other weather system that was making big waves on the eastern seaboard.Charleston was sunny and beautiful . I wore pants and a long sleeve t and brought my jacket which I wore some of the time. The kids went to the clubs for a few hours. The Disney excursions were expensive so we decided to wander off the ship. Three blocks away was a huge market with everything imaginable for sale there. It was very cute. Disney offered a carrige tour of the city for $30 per person.
They carrige companies charge $14! Quite a bit of profit for Disney!!
We really enjoyed the 3 hours there and went back to the ship for lunch and to check on the kids. Disney premired Monsters Inc Monday night with a roaring contest with the kids. It was lots of fun. There was lots going on on the boat. With the heated pools, you could even swim! It wasn't Nassau, but we had a good day. I haven't even mentioned our servers and steward-they along with everyone on the ship, even maintenance people who don't normally work with the guests greated you with a smile and asked how you were enjoying your trip. We didn't run into even 1 remotely unpleasant cm. Especially with this trip, their attitudes and attention made the cruise for alot of us.

I need a break-look for part II later.

Hi Diane,
Glad to see you enjoyed your cruise. I'm glad you enjoyed Charleston. I was down at the port around 5:00 video taping the Wonder. I even talked to a few passengers. I was glad the people I talked to were having fun. I guess you read the thread where a few people got off the ship and didn't go. We are going on the Wonder Jan 13th, and if we end up back in Charleston we will still have a great cruise.

Teri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter