Back from OKW....

EdTreo

Mouseketeer
Enjoyed the stay. A few things that bothered us....

On our way home from DTD on a ferry, we waited for >45mins for bus and not a single one was available. We decided to take the walk back with a cranky infant and sleepy toddler late at night.

Not enough parking space. We went home late once an there were no parkings available within the 2 block area.

My DW got really upset when 2 guys start kissing in front of our 3 yr old DD on our way to MK.

Overall the vacation was awesome.

Ed I think we just missed each other.

WDW transportation explained it this way - if a park is closing it gets priority.

but there should have been one bus left on the DD route.

also the DD bus is also the internal bus for OKW. It could have easily got caught up in delivering people to the new pool slide.

I had a big problem with SSR on wednesday morning (trying to get my SW tickets) - anyway I waited around 50 minutes and then I started to ask the bus drivers what happened. the first ones say it was on the way. but one finally called the controller and I got on it!!!

I mean 4 buses came and went for everything except SSR.

the bus lady I talked to say she would find the problem - but I had heard that SSR DD bus is the internal bus for the CBR. that could be a big problem later when SSR is really built.

on the next morning I walked back - it took around 25 minutes from DDWestside AMC to SSR (this is before the short cut route is opened through PI).

to get to the DD market place it took me around 10 to 15 minutes.

EdTreo said:
My DW got really upset when 2 guys start kissing in front of our 3 yr old DD on our way to MK.

I would consider that inappropriate even for a hetero couple. On the WAY TO the MK!!?? :sad2:

spiceycat said:
Ed I think we just missed each other.

WDW transportation explained it this way - if a park is closing it gets priority.

I was hopping to catch any bus coming from anywhere. I've the same problem during my last stay at SSR - hope to fix that real soon.

spiceycat, we just came back from SSR and encountered a similar bus problem... we were leaving MGM studios after Fantasmic and there were at least 2 buses for every other resort (3 buses for All Stars) before one SSR bus showed up. Similarly, there were 3 boats to POR and 3 boats to West Side before the OKW/SSR boat showed up. On our way to DTD, there wasn't enough room for all of us since they were shared with OKW... Although we didn't let that bother us too much, it is really annoying when waiting with a cranky/tired child... especially when you see other boats/buses come and go while you feel ignored...

EdTreo said:
Enjoyed the stay. A few things that bothered us....

On our way home from DTD on a ferry, we waited for >45mins for bus and not a single one was available. We decided to take the walk back with a cranky infant and sleepy toddler late at night.

Not enough parking space. We went home late once an there were no parkings available within the 2 block area.

Overall the vacation was awesome.
Sorry to hear there were some things that bothered you, but...

tell us something that you enjoyed! :goodvibes

I've heard lots of complaints about parking problems near the HH. Were you near there?

Building 15 is a GV building, and we often find those to have almost no parking issues. I have never stayed in 38, but that is one of those "odd shaped" buildings, so maybe it doesn't have as much parking???

Oops - that may have been (partially) our fault. We were in Building 15 Sunday night, and had 7 cars with us - for 16 people. We had 2 2-BR's and a Grand Villa.

But - FWIW - several of us had to park down near the 4-way stop, also, Sunday night.

Remember that the new building right next to building 15 doesn't have its own parking, so they have to share with the buildings to their left & right.

Sorry for your troubles. The crowds were tough - but we all still had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter