Back from 9 great days at the Fort! Update...Laundry is done. A little TR brewing.

FansoftheMouse

Mouseketeer
Oh, how we love that place! There is loads of laundry to be done, a truck to clean out, and a fifth wheel to unload but it is all so worth it. I'll try to get a trip report together once the insanity is down to an acceptable level. Have a great day friends!!!

We'll be here waiting until your chores are done. popcorn::

The week prior to our trip there were a few things that tried to throw off our Disney vacation:

1. Rain was predicted the entire week we were to be there.
2. My DH decided it was a good time to adopt a dog.
3. There was some serious Cub Scout drama going on in our pack (ridiculous right?)
4. My sinuses decide to stage a coup.
5. My computer and printer give out while trying to print all of the fantabulous DISigns that some incredibly amazing people created for our vacation.

While not even close to becoming show stoppers, it did make for a week from H-E-double hockey sticks (pardon my language:))

First, we prayed for the rain to go away, then we had to figure out what to do with the dog. Trying to get a kennel on such short notice was not going to be a fun task. Not to mention vet visits. He was a "free to a good home" little beagle. Sadly, at just one year old, we were already his fourth family. This little guy needed love and stability so we took him with us. We managed to get him in the facility there on way short notice and into the vet for necessary vaccinations.

Next, we prayed for the rain to go away again. Shortly after that we decided that the drama can be dealt with by someone else. This was not the Senate. It was Cub Scouts for pete's sake.

Lastly, there was the computer issue. Can't a girl catch a break here?!?! After a little pouting and a whole lot of grumbling my DH suggested we take everything to Staples. Why didn't I think of that!!! He's a genius!!! :cool1:
He takes me out Staples to get it all done only to find out that NONE of my files saved properly. Are you kidding me!!!!! This was obviously some force of nature trying to keep me from this trip. I head over to Best Buy to find my family and pout some more when a lovely employee suggests we try using their computers there and see if it will work. WHAT? Are you serious? So I go to work and presto change-o we are in business!!! I run back to Staples and, while my fonts were not the same, at least my boys were not going to have princesses on their journals and we got everything printed out!!

Sinuses......oh for the love of all that is right in this world......I was blessed with horrid ones that can predict weather better than the weatherman. If there's going to be a change in the weather I'm on it! I'm a human barometric pressure indicator. Enter the zyrtec, flonase, and tylenol. I won't go down without a fight!!! This is about the time my husband breaks the news of our departure time to me...........I'd like to be on the road by 0700 :scared1:......did I mention that he told me this at around midnight and I still wasn't done packing.

Fast forward through something that resembled sleep and a mad scramble to finish loading the camper before the rain started.....WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!!
We drove to Savannah, GA and stopped for the night. That was pretty uneventful. The next morning my head was about to explode. I needed more Tylenol. We managed to find the only Target in the world that was completely out of it! Seriously. Not one bottle of tylenol to be found. Did I miss a recall or something? Grabbed a bottle of store brand and we hit the road. FORT WILDERNESS OR BUST!!!!!

Oh my goodness! With all of the pre-trip issues, please tell me that your time in Disney went well.

And, isn't it great (I'm talking Best Buy here) when someone does something extra special nice? Glad this worked out.

:bounce: blah blah blah.

Pictures please. popcorn::

Bama ed

PS - as a former Cubmaster, I know for a fact there is no drama in Cub Scouts.

:
PS - as a former Cubmaster, I know for a fact there is no drama in Cub Scouts.

Oh if only that were true. Never encountered it before this year. Not the kiddos just a grown up fly in our ointment.

I think I'm doing this wrong. Having trouble posting pictures. Most of the pics are of my family too. I have a couple of some of the things I thought was fun at the Fort. I warned y'all about my lack of "trip report skills." Any advice? I don't want to be the boring relative who busted out their vacation slides at the party :)

I am very interested in reading your TR but I am FAR more interested to hear about how you get the insanity to an acceptable level!:confused3

I'm joining in!!! We are talking about taking a trip in 2013... I know I know way far planning, but hey... I gotta find something to feed my addiction;) We've never camped at WDW but love it elsewhere and figured why not give it a shot:thumbsup2

I would love to hear more about your trip. popcorn:: We did a quick weekend trip (All Star Movies rather than FW) early October & it rained the entire time we were there! I was a Brownie Leader & I was always told that Brownie drama was so much more than Cub Scout drama!

Oh, how we love that place! There is loads of laundry to be done, a truck to clean out, and a fifth wheel to unload but it is all so worth it. I'll try to get a trip report together once the insanity is down to an acceptable level. Have a great day friends!!!

Isn't it one of the greatest places to go? :cool1:
We go with our 5th Wheel 4 times a year, and absorb the happiness, good cheer, hospitality and excellent WDW service.
There is NO place like it, anywhere!

Disney camping is just like everything else Disney's does. The best. My family has been blessed to have crossed the country twice camping and headed down south camping also (we live in Michigan). We stayed in many campgrounds. Some of the them very nice but nothing compares to Fort Wilderness!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter