Back from 4 nights on the WISH

loislane

DIS Veteran
We flew home yesterday after cruising 8/22-26 on the Wish. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading reviews and comments here, but we went in with open minds. The verdict? We had a GREAT time! Is the ship perfect? No, but there was nothing so horrible that it prevented us from having a good time.

The biggest negatives for us were:

The adult area. We checked out the adult pool on boarding day. There were probably 15 people in the pool and it didn't feel crowded. I didn't care for the ladder to get out instead of steps. The deck was brutally burn your feet hot and there isn't enough shade. We only visited that one time and decided we much prefer Satellite Falls on the Dream over this.

The small size and openness of the lounges/bars. We really liked The Bayou - but you can hear the Hyperspace Lounge door every time it opens/closes. For trivia at the Bayou, nowhere near enough seats. I had to sit on the floor. Luna is a great venue - but the way the second level is open means that everyone can hear the Baby Spice of Bingo.

1661651519149.png

The "meh":

The food at Marceline Market did not impress us. I was, however, happy there was POG juice at breakfast.

I love the OG Little Mermaid, so this "reimagined" version was not for me. I'm not saying it's not good - just that it was not a version I cared for. We left shortly after it started and rode the Aqua Mouse with no line.

The Marvel and Arendelle dinner shows. It's a stretch calling the Marvel one a show. Arendelle was really not what we were expecting. We thought Oaken was the best part of it all. We did enjoy the food.

The good:

The crew. We felt they were amazing. There was just great energy on the cruise. Every crew member we encountered was cheerful and welcoming. We particularly enjoyed Maxx and Rhys - we did a few trivia sessions with them and they were great.

Festival of Foods on deck 11. The ribs, brisket and pulled pork were all delicious!

1661651418770.png

Pirate's Rockin Parlay Party - I've never been to the pirate party before so I have nothing to compare it to but will say I loved it! High energy and great tunes. When the pre-show music includes Queen, Van Halen, Prince, etc. - this born in the 70s, raised in the 80s girl is happy! The good music and fun continued through the party.

The artwork. This ship is packed bow to stern with beautiful artwork of all types. I absolutely enjoyed wandering the ship and admiring all the different mosaics, images, etc.

The stateroom. We were in 9660 which is a 7A. The obstruction was minimal and we enjoyed only having balcony neighbors on one side. It was a bit of a walk to the elevators/stairs, but we didn't mind.

1661651976299.png

We were on the 8/15 & 8/19 sailings and there wasn't POG juice - much to my wife's great disappointment. Perhaps, they just added it.
It's labeled as orchard's best. I wouldn't have know it if someone in my cruise group hadn't mentioned it.

We were on the 8/15 & 8/19 sailings and there wasn't POG juice - much to my wife's great disappointment. Perhaps, they just added it.
I was on the 7/14 MV sailing, and there was indeed Orchard's Best (aka POG) in Marceline Market. It was only loaded into a few of the juice dispensers, though, so I had to do some exploring to find it.

we were on the 8/15 & 8/19 sailing also. The POG juice was called “Orchards Best” on the ship and was in many of the juice dispensers at MM.

(oops, sorry…I posted before seeing others had already wrote this and I can’t delete)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter