Back form 9nts at GCH

dwdeb

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We just got back from a wonderful vacation at DL. Stayed at GCH.
We loved everything!
This was our first family trip to DL (we travel 1-2x a year to WDW), and have to say we liked many things about DL more than WDW!
First and foremost are the live performances; bands, shows were outstanding (seems most only talk about the rides).
Of course we will continue to travel to WDW(with bells on), but look forward to visiting DL perhaps next summer.
Loved the GCH; we think it is one of Disney's finest resorts (We 've stayed at most of the WDW deluxes and are DVC members).
It was truly a magical trip.
Any questions, please ask.
Deb
ps. and you sure as heck can't beat the weather!! :cool1:

Sounds like you had a great trip! I agree, southern California's weather beats the humidty of Florida any day!

Wow. Big bucks for nine nights there. I couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash for even one night there. However, DVC points don't seem as much like real money (even though they do have a value), so I bit the bullet and spent the 78 points for two nights there. (As anyone who has been in my apartment knows, I'm crazy about mission-style design, so GCH was a must for me.) I know that technically I could have saved money by renting my points and paying cash for the room, but I had extra points anyway. I'll be there in December.

How were the crowds at the end of August??
I feel exactly the same way as you do about the difference between DL and WDW...weather, convenience, proximity, and even rides for me.
I agree about the GCH, that I have stayed at alot of Disney's flagship resorts, and this one is my favorite! :love: We will be there for 6 nights in a few days!
Glad you had a great time! :teeth:

Hi Again,
Forgot to mention in original post.... We really enjoyed California Adventure. Saw some wonderful bands, the "Block Party Bash" was fun, and Soarin' and Grizzly Rapids are great attractions.
We did a AAA package which included the enhanced FP. What a great perk!
I don't usually do packages for any travel, but this was a very good value, as the package was less than room only w/AAA discount and park hoppers purchased seperately.
We can't wait to do it all again in another year!!
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter