Back after the worst year ever....couldn't need disney more....

aprilisis

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
First...plans for Disney are November 11-17 at POR. Back story: I lost Isis over a month ago. It was the most difficult day of my life. To take care of a dog who has experienced every up and down moment for 15 years was a huge blessing to me. She was my best friend and like my child. To be completely honest, I'll never be over it. She was sick for 3 years, but it was manageable...I got up at 3:30 am to give her meds, then 5:30 am again. She needed meds or food around the clock because of pancreatitis. It was tough, but she still felt good for those three years. Her decline was fast. She started feeling bad on Labor Day. Waiting the whole 24 hours was torture to give her relief. John and I (along with my parents) were with her at the moment she passed. I completely collapsed. John was as upset as me, but much stronger. He helped me make it through the week. Now that I've told you the sad part, John and I got married in Vegas this year with Elvis. Some pics: Aj1 by -aprilisis- 20140717_154133 by -aprilisis- 20140717_154133 by -aprilisis- 20140717_131558 by -aprilisis- Steve Wynn: 20140717_113340 by -aprilisis- My bouquet: 20140717_112132 by -aprilisis- The venue: 20140716_175603 by -aprilisis- 20140716_172024 by -aprilisis- 20140716_163851 by -aprilisis- 20140716_153609 by -aprilisis- 20140716_163417 by -aprilisis- The hotel and view: 20140716_103001 by -aprilisis- 20140716_073035 by -aprilisis- 20140715_123257 by -aprilisis- 20140716_090432 by -aprilisis- Continued....

During the time Isis was sick, my mom adopted a puppy. The puppy was a bait dog and very sick. She's doing well at our home, though: image by -aprilisis- image by -aprilisis- Sp1 by -aprilisis- image by -aprilisis- I adopted a 6 year old dog...the age worried me because I have less time with him, but he needs a home as much as any other dog. His name is Snickers and he follows me from room to room in the house: image by -aprilisis- 20141021_200608 by -aprilisis- 20141019_113541 by -aprilisis- 20141014_181346 by -aprilisis- 20141019_082719 by -aprilisis- 20141014_194101 by -aprilisis- 20141021_200437 by -aprilisis- 20141012_050447 by -aprilisis- Continued....

Checking in to POR on the 11th, and planning to go to Epcot. I have fastpasses for Nemo and friends, Soarin, and Spaceship Earth. I figured I'd get dinner at a quick service place. I won't be too tired since I have a later flight, so I'm hoping to catch Illuminations. The next day, I'm planning on Epcot again. Fastpasses are characters, Spaceship Earth, and Soarin again. Dinner is at Artist Point....I can't wait for the Portobello Soup even though I hate mushrooms... That soup is fantastic! The next day, I plan to go to Magic Kingdom after lunch at the Wave. My stepmom arrives and I'm sure she'll meet me there. Fastpasses are for Under the Sea, Space Mountain, and BTMRR. The next day, we'll sleep in, then head to MK for MVMCP. Saturday is Ak....fastpasses for KS, EE, and Dinosaur. Lunch is at Tusker House. Sunday EMH at DHS.. Fastpasses for Star Tours, TSMM, and my favorite....ToT. Then I leave early Monday. I've missed you guys...sorry I was gone for so long, but Isis was my priority and she needed me 24/7. Speaking of priorities, Snickers is asking to go outside! ;-)

I just happened to see the link to this in your signature!

I know that it was tough losing Isis but it sounds like she had a good three years and didn't suffer until the very end. Take comfort in knowing that you did that for her. I know that Snickers can't replace Isis but Snickers looks like he is so happy to have found a new home with you.

I can't believe that you are a married woman! So you were actually married by Elvis? I mean, not Elvis Elvis 'cause we know he's dead and gone but Elvis? Cool!

I just happened to see the link to this in your signature!

I know that it was tough losing Isis but it sounds like she had a good three years and didn't suffer until the very end. Take comfort in knowing that you did that for her. I know that Snickers can't replace Isis but Snickers looks like he is so happy to have found a new home with you.

I can't believe that you are a married woman! So you were actually married by Elvis? I mean, not Elvis Elvis 'cause we know he's dead and gone but Elvis? Cool!

Thanks SO much. It was a tough few years and a really tough time to say goodbye. She had a wonderful life, though. Everyone loved her and she was super spoiled. :) Snickers is super happy here. He's got a big yard and chipmunks to chase! We are good for each other....we exercise together.
The wedding was perfect! It was me, John, and Elvis! I have more photos that I'll post. We both don't like to be the center of attention, so it was great. Even better...I'm married to my best friend! I know you can relate to that! :thumbsup2

So sorry about Isis! I know how special she was to you. :hug:

Please take comfort that you were absolutely the best, caring friend she could have had in her life.

We missed you here, but understand that you had to be away.

Congratulations on your wedding! Sounds like a blast!

:welcome: Snickers!

And on with the show! Sounds like you have some fantastic plans for your trip.

:goodvibes

So sorry about Isis! I know how special she was to you. :hug: Please take comfort that you were absolutely the best, caring friend she could have had in her life. We missed you here, but understand that you had to be away. Congratulations on your wedding! Sounds like a blast! :welcome: Snickers! And on with the show! Sounds like you have some fantastic plans for your trip. :goodvibes
Thank you so much! You must have seen the story in the news around here abut the unleashed dog that killed a puppy....Isis was bad with other dogs and we didn't have a problem for all 15 years. She was great with people, but not with most dogs. I'm finding that Snickers is the same from the unleashed, bad mannered dogs that run up to us. I've already had to get in the middle a few times! Luckily, I've dealt with it before...but thankfully it was never a huge dog like a bull mastiff. Those poor people. That must have been horrifying. Plus... Those bull mastiff owners knew their dog was aggressive...why let him loose...and how did he get that way? I've never met an aggressive bull mastiff! I'll get off of my soapbox now. :-/
Thank you about the wedding!it was great. I just uploaded Elvis pics:
008 by -aprilisis-
007 by -aprilisis-
006 by -aprilisis-
005 by -aprilisis-
I have the video, too...it's pretty short, so maybe I'll post it.

Do the photos look really pixelated to you guys? I'm wondering if it's my iPad or Flickr. If so, I'll have to go back to photobucket!

I'm here; I'm on my way to see my mom (unfortunately she has terminal cancer), but I'll be back to catch up. I'm so sorry about Isis.

I'm here; I'm on my way to see my mom (unfortunately she has terminal cancer), but I'll be back to catch up. I'm so sorry about Isis.
That is heartbreaking. I'm so terribly sorry. I wish I knew what to say. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

staticmap

Thanks; it's hard...I just don't want her to suffer.

I did have a slight problem with your photos, but it may be my computer.

Congrats on your wedding.

Your plans sound great!

I'm so happy to see you back and understand why you were gone. :hug:

Thanks; it's hard...I just don't want her to suffer. I did have a slight problem with your photos, but it may be my computer. Congrats on your wedding. Your plans sound great! I'm so happy to see you back and understand why you were gone. :hug:
Thank you! Again...I'm so sorry.
I'm new to this iPad and super sick this week, so I'm sure the photo issue is on my end!

Yeah, i found your PTR!
You looked soooooo beautiful in your wedding pictures!!!
I'm so happy you have Snickers :)

I didn't know your moms puppy as a bait dog.....what is up with people....ugh...how awful...so glad she has a nice home now!!

Your plans sound sooo fun!!! Disney will be just what you need!

Yeah, i found your PTR! You looked soooooo beautiful in your wedding pictures!!! I'm so happy you have Snickers :) I didn't know your moms puppy as a bait dog.....what is up with people....ugh...how awful...so glad she has a nice home now!! Your plans sound sooo fun!!! Disney will be just what you need!
Thank you! The woman who came to our hotel room to do hair and makeup was a miracle worker! I'll give people her contact info if anyone decides to go to Vegas and tie the knot, too. I lucked out with Snickers. He is so over attached already, though that he follows me from room to room....I'm going to be so worried while I'm away! Luckily, I can check in with my mom several times a day. The puppy can be a little love bug when she is tired....but she is such a spazz! Snickers will be able to play with her when she calms a bit. I am really looking forward to this trip. It's been a really rough year.

Since I haven't posted in a while...favorite photos from my last few short solo trips:
12458921604_265c044a4e_t.jpg
[/url]IMG_0337 by -aprilisis- IMG_0282 by -aprilisis- IMG_0272 by -aprilisis- IMG_0160 by -aprilisis- IMG_0160 by -aprilisis- IMG_0101 by -aprilisis- IMG_0088 by -aprilisis- IMG_0071 by -aprilisis- IMG_0046 by -aprilisis- IMG_0741 by -aprilisis- okapi by -aprilisis- IMG_9939 by -aprilisis- IMG_9925 by -aprilisis- IMG_9916 by -aprilisis- IMG_9881 by -aprilisis- IMG_9841 by -aprilisis- I know most are from AK, but I did Wild Africa Trek, so I have a ton of photos from that! I'll share more soon. One last thing...I have the best vet. Here is what she gave me with Isis's ashes: image by -aprilisis-

I finally got my TR updated so am catching up while I can around the DIS.

Beautiful pictures, April. I love what the vet did with Isis's ashes.

I finally got my TR updated so am catching up while I can around the DIS. Beautiful pictures, April. I love what the vet did with Isis's ashes.
I didn't even know you had a TR going! I'll have to find it! That's actually an ink paw print...she gave it to me with a nice handwritten card. I thought it was a wonderful gesture on her part.

That's so awesome you have Isis's paw print!! That's so sweet!
You must have been so touched when you got that....definitely an fanatastic vet!

That's so awesome you have Isis's paw print!! That's so sweet!
You must have been so touched when you got that....definitely an fanatastic vet!

It is a huge comfort to have the paw print. I am so thankful to her for being so kind and compassionate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter