Back 2 Back Cruises from Different Ports???

Ronferr80

Mouseketeer
So I booked a 5 Night Cruise in April 2018 out of Miami on the Magic. I noticed that the day we come back there is a 3 Night Cruise out of Port Canaveral on the Dream which got me thinking could I do back 2 back cruises but from a separate Port!!!!

Assuming no weather issues and docking on time would something like this even be possible??? I've read that some people are allowed to walk off the boat at 7:30AM.

Has anyone ever attempted something like this? It would be cool to go on back to back cruises as well as seeing different ships but don't know if this would be setting myself up for failure

On a side note if insurance was taken out on the second cruise I wonder if it would be covered if our family was to miss it. Guess I would have to read the fine print!!!!

Anyways thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and any input would be greatly appreciated

I thought about doing it in April 2018--but I think it was Wonder and Magic. Anyhow, I decided against it because driving between Miami and Port Canaveral just didn't sound like fun in the middle of a cruise. I'd rather just get back on the ship as quickly as possible. Part of the fun of a B2B (or so I have heard!) is getting on the ship early and missing out on as little cruising fun as possible. I think my kiddos would pick being on an empty ship over driving to Miami!

We're still doing B2B, but staying on the Wonder.

I say do it. I thought about doing it myself, maybe will one day. The drive isn't bad, it's all highway and if you have trip insurance out that'll alleviate a lot of stress. Then you get to experience two different ships with different shows, food and places.

I have been on fence of booking those same cruises. My kids would love the Marvel cruise. And I want to see Beauty and the Beast on Dream.

I've done the drive from Orlando to ft Lauderdale a few times and it's easy but you would need to get off that boat as soon as it docks and get moving immediately.

I have been on fence of booking those same cruises. My kids would love the Marvel cruise. And I want to see Beauty and the Beast on Dream.

That's exactly what i'm doing!!! Marvel Day at sea on the Magic...I was kind of bummed it was only 7 nights which got me researching so I thought maybe trying to make the 3 night on the Dream that leaves on the 20th... Plus my middle son wont be tall enough for aduadunk but would be able to go on the aquaduck, plus the surprise when my kids think we are driving to airport and we end up at another port on another ship

We have driven it a few times and the ride is not that bad.

MJ

have you done a b2b cruise like the one I'm considering?? I would probably just rent a car service to be waiting for us...I guess my main concern would be getting off the ship and to the next one

If you're off the ship and on the road by 9 you'll have plenty of time to get there. The drive is only 3.5 hours. That gives you more than two extra hours to play with/go around any traffic issues.

have you done a b2b cruise like the one I'm considering?? I would probably just rent a car service to be waiting for us...I guess my main concern would be getting off the ship and to the next one

No B2B like you are proposing but we often visit family in South Florida before or after a cruise so have driven it several times.

MJ

I've done it with same-day turnaround on two ships between Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Not such a long haul but it was still exciting and a little nerve-wracking.

I've thought of doing the same thing. B2B on two different ships (different shows, different MDRs, etc.) sounds so much nicer than just doing a rerun of the first ship, especially when one ship is classic and the other is Dream class. You'll get the best of both worlds. I'd go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter