Baby Swap with autistic child

eellis88

DD from Buffalo
My DS 4 has autistic traits (not officially diagnosed with autism - do they ever ?) and I had a question about using baby swap. He will ride almost anything except for where he is too small. So for Space Mountain, Mission Space, Primeval Whirl, Rock and RollerCoaster & TOT do they have a "special" place for the kids to "hang out" while we do the baby swap ? Something that will keep his attention like a playset, etc.

And does anyone know if the ride seat for Splash Mountain is the single seat or the bench where 2 can sit together. He is going to insist he rides the "water coaster" but that ride scares me to death with no seatbelts and Mr. Fearnothing son of mine. If it's a bench at least I can bear hug him :rotfl:

None of the rides have a great place to hang out while waiting to baby swap, unfortunately.

Splash Mtn is a bench and we were able to squeeze all three of us in it (with DD4 in the middle).

I took our autistic "fear nothing" son on the ride and he was great (he was 4 at the time), there was enough going on that kept him interested in staying in the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter