"Baby Swap" with a big kid?

SteinsLaFemme

Mouseketeer
Can you baby swap with a big kid (12)? One of my children gets motion sickness on certain types of rides. In stead of making him stand around waiting for the rest of us to ride, can we "baby" swap? One of us could wait with him while the others ride and then the person waiting could ride while someone else waits with him.

Can you "baby" swap with a bid kid?

SteinsLaFemme said:
Can you "baby" swap with a bid kid?
We do this all the time with my 9 year old so I would imagine you can.....don't really know what the rules are for this though. We always bring DS9 up with us and say "he doesn't do rollercoasters, we need to do the kidswap" and we've never had a problem yet. Just did this last week on space mountain.

You can certainly do child swap with a big kid....or even a big adult! Have you considered using something like Low Drowsy Dramamine to keep the tummy settled so that the 12 year old can ride? My 12 year old does very well with it and is so much more comfortable both physically and knowing he can enjoy all the rides with the rest of us.

Cleo

Love your tag line...I use it on my business cards...or at least I did until i started counceling people with crimminal histories...now I just use it on private emails.

We have had mixed experiences with "baby swapping" an older child. My DD is now tall enough for almost all rides, but not brave enough. Some CMs will give you a Child Swap fast pass and you can swap outside the attraction just like when she was too short to ride. However, some CMs have made us go through the line with our DD and swap out at the end. This has happened to us at both Tower of Terror and Space Mountain. ToT is easpecially bad for us since she is also afraid of the pre-show and I have to hold her through the whole video.

Many of the Fast Pass rides have child watcher passes that they just give you if you tell them your child is just going. I know on Rock N' Roller Coaster and a couple of others, we didn't even bring our child up to the attendant. We just told them we needed the Child Watcher pass. At Test Track, they had to see the child to give us the CW pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter