Baby boy name

All of my kids have family names as middle names, my boys both have one syllable first names (also family names) and their middle names are Douglas and Robert. I’m not fond of trendy names as middle names.

The name Jayce has very soft sounds, so I would go for a middle name that had some harder consonants.

Jayce Christopher
Jayce David
Jayce Matthew

etc.

My kids really like knowing the reason behind their middle names. We went with family names (maternal great-grandpa and a paternal grandpa.) My niece (Ashlei Jordan) was horrified to find out she was named after her mom's favorite NKOTB member.

We also chose family names in the middle, but if that’s not your preference, I’d go with something longer and traditional. A few that flow nicely with Jayce, IMO:
Alexander
Daniel
Michael
Patrick
Thomas
William

OP here.... thanks everyone. I will pass along to my daughter. Actually I found out she is spelling it Jace.

Her maiden name won’t work. They don’t like how either of dad’s names sound with Jace. Neither want to name after their biological fathers. She thought about her grandfather (my dad), because they are both close to him, but he has an old man name lol. I personally think dad’s name (her husband) sounds ok. She thought about her step dad’s name too (my husband) he has raised her since she was 5. Just haven’t found the right name yet. They do want to call him Jace. She doesn’t care if Jace is first or middle, dad wants Jace to be first.

How many syllables in the surname?

Depending on that, my probable vote is likely to be Christopher, but I'd recommend considering going with a C name if you can, because the spelling of the first name is ambiguous as to pronunciation. (That way, the naturally occurring variant Jay-Cee would still be correct as the child's initials. Of course, if you absolutely hate the thought of the child going by his initials, maybe not.)

I like the JC idea because it's always nice to have options. Along those lines, I think JJ (if you're OK with alliteration) or JT work well too.

Jayce Christian

Jayce Tyler

Jace Thomas

I had a student named Jayce, spelled the same way.

Cooper was my first thought but I really like Carter too.

What name would sound good with Jayce? Need ideas.
If you don't mind being one of ~those~ people who names the kids with the same letter, maybe Jameson. Would sound like a fancy cocktail.

If you want to be trendy, just choose an occupation that doesn't exist anymore or at least one you hope he only would have to do as a hobby. Cooper, Hunter, Harper, Luther, etc...

I would like to see the era of the occupational name list brought forward, Typewriter-reparist? LISP-Programmer?

*- for perspective, my 2nd born shares his sisters first initial and is named after an old occupation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter