Baby Bjorn for Plus Size Mom?

Piglette

Disneyphile
Will a Baby Bjorn carrier fit a plus size woman (with a large chest)?

I noticed the carrier comes in XL as well, though the description says that's for tall folks. Do those of us who are short and heavy need the XL as well, or will that do us no good (except for allowing us to carry the baby at knee level, if we needed to do that for some reason)?

Though the convenience of a Baby Bjorn sounds great, I'm picturing the baby in front of me, sticking all the way out to Georgia!

I am also a plus-size mom and the Baby Bjorn fit quite well and was very comfy for my 6'1" hubby and me, and our daughter loved being in it. We bought the XL and it was fine - I was a size 20 at the time, and my chest is pretty large!;)

Wish I read your post before you ordered your baby bjorn.... With our dd #3 I had a Maya Wrap sling and I can't begin to tell how wonderful it was. Your can go to mayawrap.com, but somewhere online I found instructions to make my own. It was so simple and I made three of them. It's just several yds of sturdy fabric and two metal rings. Oh you have got to see it. And you can carry your child several ways, even on your back although I never quite figured that one out. It was very comfortable to wear, and very handy for nursing a small baby. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks, MississippiMickey. I have two slings and used them constantly for our first two children. For some reason, the baby wants no part of them. We're hoping for better luck with the carrier :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter