• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baby at Trader Sams

CQuinn

Mouseketeer
I apologize in advance for all of the "baby at ..." Posts I make in the next seven months. I'm trying to plan our first trip with a baby and I feel like it's my first time trying to plan a Disney trip ever. My husband's 30th birthday is during our trip and he would really like to go to Trader Sam's during it. We will hopefully be staying at the Poly so that makes this even more convenient. I know after 8pm it's 21+ only, we are planning on going right at opening. Is it okay to bring a baby in? He will be about 7 months old. Obviously I will take him out if he is frightened by the effects, I'm just wondering if it's frowned upon to bring him in at all? I know they also have an outside terrace but my husband really loves the inside (duh, doesn't everyone).

I apologize in advance for all of the "baby at ..." Posts I make in the next seven months. I'm trying to plan our first trip with a baby and I feel like it's my first time trying to plan a Disney trip ever. My husband's 30th birthday is during our trip and he would really like to go to Trader Sam's during it. We will hopefully be staying at the Poly so that makes this even more convenient. I know after 8pm it's 21+ only, we are planning on going right at opening. Is it okay to bring a baby in? He will be about 7 months old. Obviously I will take him out if he is frightened by the effects, I'm just wondering if it's frowned upon to bring him in at all? I know they also have an outside terrace but my husband really loves the inside (duh, doesn't everyone).

I've read on these threads it's fine. :) someone else mentioned kids, not a baby but I think it's the same. As long as your baby is fine then I think there should be no problem :)

Minors are allowed for some hours.

Minors are allowed in all but one other bar/lounge type area at WDW (does jellyrolls still exist? If so that's the exception). They can generally even sit at the bar because FL law allows this.

Don't let the "you brought your baby to a bar" line from the movie mess with you.

That said, it does get loud and it's a small place so the sounds sort of bangs around the room. definitely make sure the baby is ok.

I didn't feel comfortable taking my 10 and 12 year old in when we were there. We sat outside instead. It's a bar. It's loud and there were no other kids in there (it was packed). We were there around 5pm. I know that kids are allowed in, but I didn't feel like they belonged.

No problem. It's actually probably easier with a baby than with a toddler/older child. He's not really going to care that it's a bar & he can't really get bored & decide to go for a run around the room. You get some drinks & he gets some glow cubes to stare at. Win-win!

Is it okay to bring a baby in?

1) As long as they are not disturbing, babies are welcome at most places at WDW.
. . . except, at Trader's after specific hours
. . . except, no kids under-10 at V&A
. . . except, most more violent rides
2) Why not just hire an in-room sitter during events for you and the hubby ?
. . . This would also ease your future "baby at?" questions.
. . . The Front Desk has a approved list of sitters.
. . . The resort kids-clubs are not an option for your baby due to age and potty training

Baby at Disney seems crazy difficult to me. Bring the in laws to watch the progeny if you need your Disney fix. That's what they are good for. :duck:

Baby at Disney seems crazy difficult to me. Bring the in laws to watch the progeny if you need your Disney fix. That's what they are good for. :duck:
Ahh, I love parenting advice from people who don't have children.

(I say you must not because if you did, you'd know that traveling with a 7 month old baby is WAAAAAAY easier than traveling with a toddler/preschooler.)

We were there in February 2016 with our 3 year old and saw another family with a baby on one of our two visits to Trader Sams. It was perfectly acceptable within the first few hours of opening. We went at 4pm and it wasn't too crowded or loud on the days we were there.

How late can children sit at the outside Lounge? I'm traveling with my daughter and 4 year old grandson, I would love to take her for a drink before bed one evening. Do they allow take out drinks such as back to your room?

Our kids loved it and requested return visits. We were happy to oblige. We went early, so seating was easier. My only caution is that it is dark and loud, but the noises can also seem sudden.
Outside just isn't the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter