BA flights?

xxpeplyxx

x Disney Mummy x
Hey again all.

I have been looking at seat configurations for BA 777-200, does anyone know what exit is used for disembarkation? When sorting seats i would like to book the economy seats that are nearest the exit just in case we cannot bypass the security line (my youngest has ASD, non verbal, no understanding etc). I'd like to be as far forward in the line as possible, as i know he will not cope. I've looked at the reserve system but due to the time our flight lands in MCO that is not an option. TIA xxx

Attachments

• ba 777-200.png
    ba 777-200.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 10
My experience is they normally use one of the front two on the left. I would go as far forward as you can get if you want to be off quickly. That said, I haven't been back yet since they switched to the new terminal so I don't know if that has changed anything, but it is normally one of the front 2 wherever I have flown.

I’m confused. You don’t go through security after landing at MCO. Do you mean immigration and customs? MCO reserve wouldn’t help there anywhere (it helps with security for departing flights).

Agree with the PP that they tend to use the front doors in general (though sometimes they can’t/don’t) but I’ve not flown BA to MCO recently,

I’m confused. You don’t go through security after landing at MCO. Do you mean immigration and customs? MCO reserve wouldn’t help there anywhere (it helps with security for departing flights).

Agree with the PP that they tend to use the front doors in general (though sometimes they can’t/don’t) but I’ve not flown BA to MCO recently,
yes haha I say security every time and get corrected every time, just my lousy brain that doesn't store information lie it used to lmao 😂

My experience is they normally use one of the front two on the left. I would go as far forward as you can get if you want to be off quickly. That said, I haven't been back yet since they switched to the new terminal so I don't know if that has changed anything, but it is normally one of the front 2 wherever I have flown.
oooooh will BA use the new terminal at MCO, that should be interesting.

I dont understand what your goal is really? Aircraft in MCO are boarded and exited at terminal and in most cases the front left door.. Some bridges have two where they will have a door for First/Business and then the second left for Economy.

Some airports that board on the tarmac ( being bused or walked to AC) might also have the back left door open too. but this is not the case on MCO.

yes haha I say security every time and get corrected every time, just my lousy brain that doesn't store information lie it used to lmao 😂
Ah, yes, I remember your previous thread now (I wasn't sure if it was just miswording or misunderstanding (since you mentioned that you couldn't use the TSA reserve due to timing which, of course, doesn't apply anyway).

Now that I know who you are, if you are waiting for your son's stroller, it won't matter how close you sit to the doors. Unless there's been a problem with the jetway (i.e. people don't start getting off of the plane for a while after arriving at the gate), I've never seen the strollers etc. there until at least partway through people getting off.

I dont understand what your goal is really? Aircraft in MCO are boarded and exited at terminal and in most cases the front left door.. Some bridges have two where they will have a door for First/Business and then the second left for Economy.

Some airports that board on the tarmac ( being bused or walked to AC) might also have the back left door open too. but this is not the case on MCO.
The goal is to get to customs asap so that we don't have hundreds of other passengers in front of us. So the sooner your off the plane the less people from your flight will be in front of you. Typically its never been a problem, the queue is as long as it is and we wait no issue), but last time we went our youngest was new born, He now has severe autism and will not cope with the wait what so ever, so the sooner we can get off the plane the less time we will need to wait in that queue, the less distressed he will get. So if we can be one of the first off from economy we will only have first class and premium ahead of us in the line at customs/immigration x

The goal is to get to customs asap so that we don't have hundreds of other passengers in front of us. So the sooner your off the plane the less people from your flight will be in front of you. Typically its never been a problem, the queue is as long as it is and we wait no issue), but last time we went our youngest was new born, He now has severe autism and will not cope with the wait what so ever, so the sooner we can get off the plane the less time we will need to wait in that queue, the less distressed he will get. So if we can be one of the first off from economy we will only have first class and premium ahead of us in the line at customs/immigration x
And people from all the other flights that landed shortly (or not so shortly if the lines are long) before you…

Just want to quickly add on that while you might be one of the first off of your flight, multiple flights come off at the same time so there could already be a big queue in front of you or people from other flights funnelling into the queue at the same time as you so you’ll need to be prepared for that scenario too. E.g. You might be amongst the first off of your flight but at the back of the line of the flight that just came in before you.

I would suggest that you speak to Special Assistance at BA. I have always found them helpful and sometimes they will allocate yor seats without having to pay for them

You should bank on several 100's of people in front of you and assume you'll be waiting for around an hour. It's always busy with flights from everywhere always arriving. On BA flights they will always exit Business and Premium Econiomy first which have 80 seats between them so likely you will not be in frst 100 off of the flight, but the real issue are the 1,000s and 1,000s of other passengers arriving from other flights from all over Europe at that time of day. It may not be that crowded but rarely do you fly through customs in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter