B2B changes

Our first leg of our B2B is a 4-night. 2 days before we dock at Canaveral, we’re in Nassau. What if we paid for our own tests, and did the two day telehealth monitored tests while we were docked at Nassau and got the “cleared to sail” on safe passage? Would they make us test at the port between back-to-backs?

Another thought. What if I did the above at Nassau, and then left the ship at Canaveral, and just got back in the terminal at my second PAT. At that point, I would be cleared to sail, and not have to test in between the B2B, right?

Just wondering how to get confidence in knowing we’ll be there for the second leg, vs. Waiting for the actual day-of between sailings.

Our first leg of our B2B is a 4-night. 2 days before we dock at Canaveral, we’re in Nassau. What if we paid for our own tests, and did the two day telehealth monitored tests while we were docked at Nassau and got the “cleared to sail” on safe passage? Would they make us test at the port between back-to-backs?

Another thought. What if I did the above at Nassau, and then left the ship at Canaveral, and just got back in the terminal at my second PAT. At that point, I would be cleared to sail, and not have to test in between the B2B, right?

Just wondering how to get confidence in knowing we’ll be there for the second leg, vs. Waiting for the actual day-of between sailings.
I do not have an answer, but you think exactly like me! I’ve been wondering this same thing! The only downfall would be if someone tested positiv, you’d miss the rest of the current cruise (although, if you test posit You probably shouldn’t be walking around spreading it anyway)

If you test positive not only would you miss your second cruise but the second half of your first cruise as well.

Yeah but they’re allowing people to test two days before now. But b2b guests don’t get that option at all.
Because they KNOW covid is spreading on the ship. That's the whole point of testing BTB passengers.

Because they KNOW covid is spreading on the ship. That's the whole point of testing BTB passengers.
Then why allow people to test two days before as that change has resulted in a LOT move COVID on the ships? If they know COVID is spreading on the ships (and it definitely is) then make everyone test at port again.

Then why allow people to test two days before as that change has resulted in a LOT move COVID on the ships? If they know COVID is spreading on the ships (and it definitely is) then make everyone test at port again.
Disney changed to the current testing scheme when the CDC changed the guidelines to allow it. I think it was a mistake, but I'm not sure that I'm in the majority. Customers didn't like the stress from worrying about the tests and what to do if someone tests positive at the port. Disney and Port Canaveral probably don't like paying for the infrastructure required to test everyone at the port. Ultimately, business won over health.

Let's not get too far off-topic about Covid stuff, though. That always gets the thread locked.

We are doing a B2B starting Monday and our 2nd leg’s Safe Passage is locked on testing at port so nope.

Attachments

• 318A6D94-380C-4BE5-97B9-2454108AF84F.jpeg
    318A6D94-380C-4BE5-97B9-2454108AF84F.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 51
Doing a b2b on Wish starting August 1. Thanks so much for posting this information. We were already switching rooms because I was able to snag an aft room with an extended verandah on the first sailing and not the second. Would love to hear the actual experience from anyone else doing a b2b on the Wish before this.

The one benefit I'm hoping to get for the second leg is to be able to book some things like Palo on the ship before others.
We just did the Maiden/DVC B2B on the Wish. Unable to book Palo or Enchante ahead of time, so stood in line for dining requests in Luna after embarking. Didn't get anything the 1st cruise. Our head server was able to get us a reservation for the Hyperspace Lounge for the 2nd cruise, and told us to go to Palo after dinner on the last night, since they would then have access to booking for the next cruise. They put us on the wait list for Enchante (#2) and Palo (#16). We did get a call the morning we were in Nassau that they had availability for noon brunch that day.

Disney changed to the current testing scheme when the CDC changed the guidelines to allow it. I think it was a mistake, but I'm not sure that I'm in the majority. Customers didn't like the stress from worrying about the tests and what to do if someone tests positive at the port. Disney and Port Canaveral probably don't like paying for the infrastructure required to test everyone at the port. Ultimately, business won over health.

Let's not get too far off-topic about Covid stuff, though. That always gets the thread locked.
If you could avoid posting your opinions about Covid the threads wouldn’t keep getting locked.

Anyway lots of good info here. I regret booking a B2b on the Dream. I did because the rates were so darn cheap in September.

Hard to believe the things people will put up with to take a vacation.
I know right.? I wouldn’t be doing all this if it wasn’t my sons last year in the Vibe.We will hopefully cruise five times since the restart. We shall see if we make it on all of them two down three to go.

Last edited:
If you could avoid posting your opinions about Covid the threads wouldn’t keep getting locked.

My friend, that goes for all of us. You have been helping get threads locked since March of 2020 🤣.

My response to this was first, What? Which turned into Wow!

Yeah, inconvenient to have to pack in the middle of a week of cruising. But the real concern is the odds of getting Covid. That is the story. Not the packing - which totally makes sense if people need to leave.

25% of B2B cruisers tested positive after a 3-night cruise? I wonder if those statistics apply across the entire ship’s passengers. And further, to passengers across other Disney ships and other cruise lines?

And I got the idea the early cruises are adult-heavy.

So, yeah, Wow. I wouldn’t just be second-guessing the second leg of a B2B, I’d be second-guessing sailing at all. (I’m cruising early Oct on a different line and will looking to find out what’s happening there.)

Best of health, everyone.

After the MV 100 people tested positive out of the 400 people doing a b2b. That’s a lot of people that didn’t get back on.
When I read the post about positive testing for B2B after maiden voyage, the way I read it was that approximately 100 people were denied boarding. Not 100 positive tests. Negative people sharing a room with positive people would have been denied boarding also. I believe that post indicated that 20 staterooms were involved.

My response to this was first, What? Which turned into Wow!

Yeah, inconvenient to have to pack in the middle of a week of cruising. But the real concern is the odds of getting Covid. That is the story. Not the packing - which totally makes sense if people need to leave.

25% of B2B cruisers tested positive after a 3-night cruise? I wonder if those statistics apply across the entire ship’s passengers. And further, to passengers across other Disney ships and other cruise lines?

And I got the idea the early cruises are adult-heavy.

So, yeah, Wow. I wouldn’t just be second-guessing the second leg of a B2B, I’d be second-guessing sailing at all. (I’m cruising early Oct on a different line and will looking to find out what’s happening there.)

Best of health, everyone.
We did a week long NCL cruise two weeks ago and about 45% of the FB group posted they had positive covid tests within 3 days of getting off the ship. of course not everyone on the cruise is in the FB group but a sample size of 300 is a pretty good indication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter