[B]When do the American schools have their holidays?[/B]

~Piglet~

DIS Veteran
My sister is planning a trip to Florida in June; are the kids still at school or on holiday?

It varies but most schools are out Mid May till Late August some early Sept.

Spooky, jasminesmommy! we posted at the same time and you answered my question! May 'til August, I wish my school holidays had been that long.

Schools start getting out around the second week of May and start going back anywhere from the second week of August until the first week of September. You can pretty much say mid-May to the end of August is summer vacation for the kids here :flower:

School holiday's are usually dependant on individual state's and counties. Are you talking in general or just Florida?

Our schools let out around the 20th to the 25th of May usually, very rare to go past the end of May here.

Most schools in Montana get out the first week of June and go back the last week of august. It's terrible too- because June is still to cold to enjoy most outdoor activites and August is entirely to hot to start school.

Kirsten

My son's last day is May 25th--but ALAS, WE will be at WDW!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: Oh well, he'll miss cleaning out his desk!

To reply to Bigmerle1966's question; I was wondering mainly about the USA in general, to get an idea of when parents might be thinking of taking their kids to the theme parks. (working on the theory that term-time will be less busy than school holidays) :flower:

:flower: Up here in the north the kids get out around June 23 that is if no more snow days. They will start back to school the end of August or the Tuesday after labor day/Sept.

Our schools here in MD get out between mid to late June, just depends on how many snow days we get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter