[B]Photographing Fireworks - Magazine Article[/B]

beach4fun

Earning My Ears
In one of the buried posts, I read something about an article in a photography magazine pertaining to photographing fireworks at night. I didn't pay attention to the date of the post or any details. Does anyone know the name of the magazine, and the issue in which the article was pubished? Thanks!

I found one in one of the magazines published in Great Brittan a few months back. Barns & Noble carries 2 or 3 different mag's published across the pond. They're on the expensive side (10-14US$), but are excellent. I don't recall which one it was though as I've gotten a few of them over the last few months. It might have been Digital Camera World. Things are kind of a mess here on the homefront as we are in the last stages of building an addition and doing some remodeling on the house. I'll look around my boxes and see if I can find it.

handicap18 said:
I found one in one of the magazines published in Great Brittan a few months back. Barns & Noble carries 2 or 3 different mag's published across the pond. They're on the expensive side (10-14US$), but are excellent. I don't recall which one it was though as I've gotten a few of them over the last few months. It might have been Digital Camera World. Things are kind of a mess here on the homefront as we are in the last stages of building an addition and doing some remodeling on the house. I'll look around my boxes and see if I can find it.

Thanks! Just let me know if you find out anything, and I really appreciate your time. I looked at B&N, and they had about 10-12 different photography magazines! I'm sure there is lots of great information out there - I just have to take the time to look for it. Again, thanks!

The article I have is a 2 page article that appeared in the Christmas 2005 issue (issue #41) of Digital Camera World. It is published in the U.K. Its a great magazine. I've thought about subscribing to it. Would be $8 an issue. Otherwise I'll keep buying it every now and then at Barnes and Noble for $13.

The article itself is 2 pages and pretty much says the same things we've been saying here on the photography board. I've actually quoted a few parts of it in a few of the different fireworks threads.

Hope this helps.

Kelly G had some real good pointers for using a digi cam to take fireworks pics in an earlier post. You may want to try and search for the link.

Jack

Here you go. I've searched it for you:

We need a sticky for this.

1. Always use a tripod (you can't get away from that, not even with the 'budget' tripods)
2. Always use either remote shutter release or shutter delay so your finger press doesn't shake tha camera
3. Never use flash
4. The easiest way is to use fireworks mode
5. If you don't have that use Landscape mode with flash turned off
6. If you want to go the manual route, I like ISO100, 2 sec shutter, f/10

You guys are great. :cheer2:

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but darn it, my work has gotten in the way of my Disney trip planning and socializing. I do appreciate all the great information!

~LA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter