[B]Cost to Rent Stroller[/B]

twinsr241

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the rates are to rent a single stroller at WDW? I am trying to figure out if it would be more cost effective to rent or buy a new light weight portable stroller.
Thanks for your help! :earsboy:

If I recall I think it's about $8.00 and $10 for a double. We went in 2001 and had our own stroller since my father in law was going with his car we had him bring it. Well when we went back in 2003 we took it on the plane (checked it in) It was broken when we picked it up with our luggage. So we rented one each day. It was a bit costly but I really liked them, they are big enough to put all your bags and fit comfortably big kids. With 3 young toddlers you may want to have a stroller with you at all times for the parking lots and DTD and off site shopping even for around the hotel. Just ask if you can carry it on board with you if you are taking a plane. :goodvibes

$15 a day for a double $8 for a single (from allearsnet) $1 deposit you get back. There is apparently a length of stay program currently, that gives you a discout if you rent for every day at the beginning of your stay.

When you pre-pay you get a 10% discount for a multi-day rental. I rented a double for 7 days and with the discount it cost me $95.20. You get a Disney Dollar each day when you return your stroller, or you can do what I did and hold onto your used tickets until the end of your trip and get all your Disney Dollars at one time.

-- Eric :earsboy:

We always rent our double stroller from A Baby's Best Friend (www.abbf.com) They are the best bargain on our trips. $70 for the entire week and it is delivered to our resort the day we arrive (before we get there) and is picked up after we check out. The first time (a few years ago) I rented a park stroller and waited in line for 45 minutes. No way will I do that again.

ABBF has quality,VERY clean stuff, too. Convenient, less expensive, and a much more comfortable stroller.

HTH!

Have a great trip.

I really only think renting is cost effective if you cchild wont need the stroller everyday. When our son was 6 we didnt bring a stroller for him. He only needed one on the day we didnt take a midday break.

If you do the multi day rental you only need to wait in line to pay once then other days pickup is very quick and you don't need to rent for everyday of your trip. You just purchase the number of days you need. The rentals are very easy to push and the convenience is great. Last year we brought a single for the youngest and rented doubles for the older 2. It was worth the $15/day not to deal with multiple strollers. I've also rented from ABBF and their service was great!

stacy6552 said:
I really only think renting is cost effective if you cchild wont need the stroller everyday. When our son was 6 we didnt bring a stroller for him. He only needed one on the day we didnt take a midday break.

Or if you don't own an appropriate stroller to start with. It isn't cost effective to spend $300 on a double stroller that you will use only on a seven day Disney trip.

And there are other factors than cost effectiveness.

We love our double-stroller, but we left it at home in favor of renting at the parks, and I'm very glad we did. I'm glad I didn't have to mess with the folded stroller on the Disney Transport buses. Those looked like some miserable parents on CROWDED buses trying to make a space to fit their strollers, or avoiding the impatience of others when a folded stroller on its side took the place of two or three people standing. Not to mention the people at CBR, a moderate resort, who had to carry it up and down the flights of stairs.

I was very happy to rent.

-- Eric :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter