• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

B&C or Sci-Fi

Beaches & Cream or Sci-Fi?

• Total voters

earfulofmagic

cranking out magic and assembly line whimsy
Fellow solos, I'm suddenly very indecisive about solo (dinner) ADRs for Beaches & Cream or Sci-Fi.

I love Sci-Fi and have only been there once in like the last decade. I love the atmosphere, and I'm thinking it'd be great for solo dining.

I haven't eaten at B&C before. I mostly want to go for the experience and because it's new to me, and I can't discount the "omg B&C is the bessssst" hype just yet... but I also wouldn't be getting ice cream. So is the atmosphere/food really worth it? All of the photos look fun, but I also worry that maybe they'll rush me because I'm alone and it's so small, busy, etc.

Sway me one way or another? Which would you pick? This is in two nights, so I need to drop one. (Park plans are flexible/not a consideration.)

I've eaten solo at both places, and enjoyed both. Sci-Fi is probably better for a shy solo, who's not too comfortable dining solo. You're just sitting there in the dark, staring at a TV-type screen, as is everyone else, and it kind of feels like just sitting on the living room couch watching TV. At B&C, if you get a stool at the counter, it's also very comfortable. because you can watch the servers and food being prepared. I've found that servers, especially at B&C, were extra nice to me as a solo. Once when I ordered a No Way Jose Sundae and finished it, the server was so excited! Myself, I always prefer B&C, but you really can't go wrong with either.

Never been to sci fi before, but I have been to B&C solo twice (in same trip) and twice with my family. Honestly, the only people that notice you’re solo will be the waiters. Everyone else will be too busy with themselves to notice you.

If you do B&C, I highly recommend the grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup. You can also add grilled onions and bacon the sandwich. It’s so good. It’s also very reasonably priced. It’s not a whole lot more than a QS place in the parks.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! Just to wrap this up...

I ended up keeping the Sci-Fi ADR (I had to cancel ahead of time, after all!). After "pestering" my partner with my self-proclaimed "very urgent dilemma" :rolleyes:, he pointed out we could go to Beaches & Cream together (he's joining me today).

So I had a blast at Sci-Fi. I just love the atmosphere too much! I also ended up chatting with the family in whose car I was hitchhiking, they were friendly and funny. The CM serving us was suuuuper nice, too (Khalid from Morocco, for future solos). Definitely a nice surprise to both have an awesome server and make temporary dinner pals!

As it turned out it was unusually cold last night and it felt really cozy to have dinner in Sci-Fi as the cherry on my day. Also also alsoooo, I was leaning toward it because I had made an 8 PM ADR on an 8 PM closing night -- can verify it was really nice to walk through an empty HS around 9 PM.

We have an ADR for B&C this weekend. Such a sucker for any promise of a cute atmosphere. :o

I ate at both last week. Sci Fi has really changed since my last visit in January 2017. I used to dream about the onion rings. They are different now and not good. Food wasn’t good anymore. Used to be a must do, but won’t go back.

Beaches and Cream still has awesome onion rings. Love their grilled cheese, patty melt, Reuben. We did the chocolate kitchen sink on Tuesday. Lots of fun and tasty.

I like the Fountain at the Dolphin better than Beaches and Cream. I sometimes stop in there in between HS & Epcot. No ADR needed!

Have been to Sci Fi a few times with the family many years ago, but never solo.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! Just to wrap this up...

I ended up keeping the Sci-Fi ADR (I had to cancel ahead of time, after all!). After "pestering" my partner with my self-proclaimed "very urgent dilemma" :rolleyes:, he pointed out we could go to Beaches & Cream together (he's joining me today).

So I had a blast at Sci-Fi. I just love the atmosphere too much! I also ended up chatting with the family in whose car I was hitchhiking, they were friendly and funny. The CM serving us was suuuuper nice, too (Khalid from Morocco, for future solos). Definitely a nice surprise to both have an awesome server and make temporary dinner pals!

As it turned out it was unusually cold last night and it felt really cozy to have dinner in Sci-Fi as the cherry on my day. Also also alsoooo, I was leaning toward it because I had made an 8 PM ADR on an 8 PM closing night -- can verify it was really nice to walk through an empty HS around 9 PM.

We have an ADR for B&C this weekend. Such a sucker for any promise of a cute atmosphere. :o
So wait, you had to share a car/table with other people? I've never been to Sci-Fi so I don't know anything about it.

So wait, you had to share a car/table with other people? I've never been to Sci-Fi so I don't know anything about it.

Most (all?) of the cars are in rows of 3, generally seats 2 people per row. A family of 4 sat in front of me in the first two rows, and I was the "hitchhiker" in the last row. Everyone faces forward, though, watching the screen, so it's not a big deal, and you are not actually sharing table space -- each row has its own counter.

When we have gone as a couple in the past, we also share cars with people, but this was my first time actually talking to the people in the car.

There are tables, some of which are small beachy/patio-looking tables in the back which seat maybe 3-4 people? And then there are long tables for big parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter