B&B CA Adventure/Non-Disney Days

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Arrived Satuarday, May 26, Ontario, CA. (Nice airport and not far from DL)
Picked up our rental car (we reserved through Hotwire). The rentals were swamped due to the start of Memorial Day weekend. --Well except Avis. Hhhmmm.... Are they bad? ;)
We ate lunch at our first In N Out. VERY GOOD! Try it!
We drove east to my sister's house in Yucca Valley, near Joshua Tree. Beautiful, unique area. The park is well worth a drive through. Rock climbers would be in heaven.
It was hot there -- topped 101 degrees. (But it was dry heat:rolleyes: ) Cooled off very comfortable at night--even almost chilly.
Finally saw my first roadrunner! My sis has several living in her yard (along with the quail)! Very picturesque, calming area.
Day 2: Drove south through San Deigo and stopped at the border. Parked the car and took the shuttle bus into Tijuana. Still good deals there. The prices have risen, just as they have everywhere else. Tijuana was much cleaner looking than our past jaunts. I think they are realizing how much more $ they can squeeze out of Americans just by cleaning the place up a little.
We ate at Miguel's at Coronado Island and drove to the Super 8 in Escondido. The place was okay. We paid $54 a night and felt like we were in a $54 a night hotel. No iron/ironing board in room or even available to use. :rolleyes: BUt it was clean and a place to sleep and shower.
Memorial Day at Wildlife Park:
We were there for opening and for closing. Great fun inbetween. This was our third visit there in less than three years. I enjoyed it each time.
We hit the tram first thing and had a short wait. Same for end of day.
We took the first tram of the day, and it was NEW tram. It broke down. Too bad we broke down between two rocks, rather than overlooking a savannah. But they had it running again in around 15 minutes.
The only place it was really crowded was the lorikeet feeding station. Especially considering it was a holiday, it was great place to be.
From there, we drove north to the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. I made our first mistake. I got TOO antsy and bought our three day park hoppers at the hotel. They did not accept AAA or DC discount on the passes.
We were going to relax in the room, but decided to walk over to DL/DCA. Even though it was late, the ticket offices were open and we could have bought our tickets there. :rolleyes:
Oh well.. if that's the worse we did... But Live and Learn...
Great time so far, and we had not even been inside the parks yet!
The Anaheim Desert Inn staff is very nice, friendly and helpful.

Sounds like you've had a great trip so far. I'm anxious to hear what the hotel was like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter