B.a 777

Eastender

Mouseketeer
So now B.A are now using 777s to Orlando. What are they like? Have they got the foot rests? What's the seat configuration?

Hi Terry,

I just got back on Sunday, and travelled both ways on a BA 777. The seat configuration is 3 - 3 - 3. All seats have the pull out metal foot rests and had screen back video screens.

Louise

They have much less room than the jumbos, leg room is seriously compromised compared with most other carriers.

I whined about it politely on a business trip last year and got bumped to club, its the only way i'm going BA again.

FYI I've checked a few websites ( as well as the official ones) and the BA 777 has a 31 inch seat pitch ( the same as the BA 747), Virgin is listed as having 30 inches.

We flew on a BA 777 to New York a couple of years ago and dh (who's 6'3") felt that the legroom was slightly better than Virgin 747-400s. Could have been just his perception I guess as the cabin definitely has a more spacious feel to it (something to do with the way the overhead lockers are situated, I felt), and the seats had some clever headrests and bigger than normal seatback tv screens.

That's interesting, when I pre-booked my Virgin seats I was told the seat pitch was 32" - perhaps they measure from a different place. My DH (6' 2") certinly found the Virgin seating cramped last time we flew with them.

Libby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter