AZ to DL

stitch1986

Stitch Lvr
hey everyone I am planning a trip in Oct and I am debating which would save me more money to drive or to fly there? I might possably have 2 ppl or just one other person? any info will be helpful thanks so much!

The more people you have, the cheaper it is to drive. If it was just one person, a plane ticket and shuttle would probably work out to what the gas and parking will cost. Add more people, and the gas and parking don't go up, but the plane tickets do.

Does your hotel charge for daily parking? Will you want a car while you are there? What do the airlines want for Oct (I know in June it's only about $49 each way on USAirways)? Factor accordingly.

Flying doesn't save as much time anymore since you have to get to the airport super-early and go through security. I find by the time I leave home (East Valley), drive to Sky Harbor, park, shuttle, security line, wait, fly, shuttle, etc., it only knocks about an hour or two off of what it would take to drive to So Cal!

We almost always drive because we drive with several people. I've only flown when I was by myself and had a ride waiting at the other end.

PHXscuba

The more people you have, the cheaper it is to drive. If it was just one person, a plane ticket and shuttle would probably work out to what the gas and parking will cost. Add more people, and the gas and parking don't go up, but the plane tickets do.

Does your hotel charge for daily parking? Will you want a car while you are there? What do the airlines want for Oct (I know in June it's only about $49 each way on USAirways)? Factor accordingly.

Flying doesn't save as much time anymore since you have to get to the airport super-early and go through security. I find by the time I leave home (East Valley), drive to Sky Harbor, park, shuttle, security line, wait, fly, shuttle, etc., it only knocks about an hour or two off of what it would take to drive to So Cal!

We almost always drive because we drive with several people. I've only flown when I was by myself and had a ride waiting at the other end.

PHXscuba

I looked at southwest and it was going for 59 each way and I am gonna have someone else go with me so far, I am going to be staying at disney californian resort so I have no idea but Ill find out about daily parking. Thanks for the information :)

I think it is a lot easier to drive. The drive isn't difficult and it goes by pretty quickly. By the time you get to the airport, go through security, board the plane, fly to Anahiem, get off the plane and get ground transportation to your hotel, you've probably spent the same amount of time as you would have driving.

yea and plus now there are 3 other ppl going as well so it is comign out to be cheaper than flying and we were gonna bring our own food for the room so we could eat in the room and save money that way too. thanks for the info greatly appreciated :)

If you can find a hotel within walking distance, you will save lots of time in the morning not having to drive to a parking structure and taking a tram to the gates. That can add an extra 45 minutes some mornings! Plus of course then you don't have to pay for parking at both your hotel and DL!

PHXscuba

I drive there from Tucson and it's only a 7 to 8 hour drive. We stop for gas but usually only fill up twice with my Mini. It is waaaay cheaper to drive there and you won't be stuck if you want to go anywhere else. Knotts is close by and US is 40 minutes away.

yea and plus now there are 3 other ppl going as well so it is comign out to be cheaper than flying and we were gonna bring our own food for the room so we could eat in the room and save money that way too. thanks for the info greatly appreciated :)

That's why we drive. I was amazed by how much cheaper our trip is when we can bring food with us. Water too. Not to mention it's nice to have my own pillow and I hate draggin' my pillow on a plane. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter