Awesome new Christmas treat!

Thanks, Imzadi! I hadn't even thought about the cream cheese frosting needing to be refrigerated!

I think I'll make the cake balls on Tuesday, let them sit in the fridge until Thursday when I'll have time to dip them. The party is Friday morning, early, so they should be ok.

Also, Imzadi, thanks for linking this! I love to look at the other threads. Lots of great ideas!!!

Thanks, Imzadi! I hadn't even thought about the cream cheese frosting needing to be refrigerated!

I think I'll make the cake balls on Tuesday, let them sit in the fridge until Thursday when I'll have time to dip them. The party is Friday morning, early, so they should be ok.

Also, Imzadi, thanks for linking this! I love to look at the other threads. Lots of great ideas!!!

I did the cake portion and rolled them onto sticks today. I made ALOT of them and froze them in several sections. I will take out on Thursday to dip on Friday.

If you have time and freezer space you could make the cake portion now.

In the past, DD10 has gone to Dollar Tree and picked a gift out for everyone in our family. This year, however, she decided that she wanted to bake for everyone. We bought the stuff to make the red velvet cakes balls today. We also picked up German chocolate cake with coconut/pecan frosting to dip in chocolate almond bark.

Just an FYI on these red velvet cake balls. Definitely take the time to find white dipping chocolate and do NOT try to use white chocolate chips. I decided to make these today as a last minute addition to my holiday baking. I grabbed a couple of bags of Giradelli white chocolate chips (its all they had at my local grocery store). The chips melt into a rather sticky and gooey mess. When I tried to dip the balls (that had been in the fridge for about 6 hours) the sticky texture of the chocolate basically pulled them apart. Massive fail. Next time I'll take the time to buy the right product.

Just an FYI on these red velvet cake balls. Definitely take the time to find white dipping chocolate and do NOT try to use white chocolate chips. I decided to make these today as a last minute addition to my holiday baking. I grabbed a couple of bags of Giradelli white chocolate chips (its all they had at my local grocery store). The chips melt into a rather sticky and gooey mess. When I tried to dip the balls (that had been in the fridge for about 6 hours) the sticky texture of the chocolate basically pulled them apart. Massive fail. Next time I'll take the time to buy the right product.

It could also have been because the balls were cold, not necessarilly the chocolate. I learned the hardway that whatever you are dipping MUST be at room temp BEFORE you dip, otherwise, the melted chocolate (or white chocolate) gets hard and crumbly QUICK.

It could also have been because the balls were cold, not necessarilly the chocolate. I learned the hardway that whatever you are dipping MUST be at room temp BEFORE you dip, otherwise, the melted chocolate (or white chocolate) gets hard and crumbly QUICK.

That may be true (and a good tip too), but the melted chips were extremely sticky and gooey just to stir. It's definitely not a good choice for dipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter