• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Awesome experience at DL w/GAC

cymomtx

Mouseketeer
I took my three children, two of which are ASD to DL yesterday. I hesitated after reading how difficult it can be to get a GAC, but I went ahead to the Guest Assistance on Main Street and inquired. The CM there was so nice and gave me the GAC easily. The only glitch was she only put one of the childrens names on the pass and later in the day when he was not feeling well and did not ride, we had to go back and get a new GAC with my daughters name on it. With the GAC they allowed us to go to the Fast pass line or enter through the exit if there was not one.

All the CM's were so nice and would engage my children in conversation. I can only hope that when we go to WDW at Thanksgiving, the experience will be as wonderful.

That's great to hear!!! :sunny: Glad your trip went well. :flower: We are going the week before Christmas with our 9 yr old son with autism and 7 yr old daughter for the first time. :cool1: Hope we good luck with the GAC too. I also was getting nervous about asking for one and was considering trying to do without one.

Katerbug said:
I also was getting nervous about asking for one and was considering trying to do without one.
If you are nervous about asking for one, you could try doing without one. If it's not busy or things go better than you expect, you probably won't need one. But, if you do have problems, the problems will give you some examples to explain to the CMs what sorts of difficulties you are experiencing. You don't need to get a GAC the first day; if you find on another day that you really need one, you can always request one then.

Glad the OP had a good time. DL changed their GAC (Guest Assistance Card) about 18 months ago to be more in line with the way WDW does it. So, you should find they do things pretty much the same way.

My suggestion is: Get it while you are at the front of the park first thing BEFORE you really need it. We were so glad we had "thought ahead" and had it before we needed to trek across the park to get it. That walk back to the front of the park probably would have done us in (we would have left).

Its great to hear how well your DL trip was. Please post this fall and let us know how things worked out for you and your family at WDW.
Suzy V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter