Avoid the park on the days they offer EMH?

pfeifer14

Mouseketeer
From a few posts that I read so far, I should avoid the park on the days they offer EMH. Because it will be more crowded?! Am I reading it correctly? Or is it that I should try to take advantage of EMH since I stay on-site?

Will you have hopper tickets? We usually hit the early EMH park but if it got too busy we would hop over to a different park. We normally do not stay out late so not sure how busy the late EMH park gets.

A combination of both. We do the same as friend2Figment when we stay on site and have hoppers. Since we're night owls, we try to be up for the early EMH park, stay a couple hours, then hop to another park or take a break. The night EMHs are a bit more crowded than morning so we'll start at a non-EMH park then hop over to the night EMH a couple hours before the resort-only hours start and close out the park.

Last edited:
I just noticed our second DHS day has morning EMH. We have an ADR at Hollywood and Vine at 8:05am. We are not staying at a Disney Resort so we don't have access to the EMH. I thought I had checked all of the park days and EMH days so we wouldn't be at a park that has them. As they say: things are subject to change. Now, I am trying to decide what to do. The best thing is probably to keep my plan and decide after our first day at DHS, which happens to be July 4th, about what to do. We could turn it into a sleep in day since we won't be gaining much by getting there early. I think I didn't plan enough sleep time on this trip.

We always do EMH at Magic Kingdom because we get so much done during that hour. We have park hoppers so we usually leave the park by noon and go back to our resort to swim. Then we head to a non EMH park for the evening.

Morning EMH are a must for us! We can get so much done, and ready to head back to the resort by 12 or 1. Occasionally we go during evening EMH, but we rarely go back to the parks after dinner anyway.

Depends on if you can get there prior to rope drop. If so, go for it! A lot can get done in that first hour. If you can't make rope drop, I wouldn't bother.

We tried morning EMH for the first time on our last trip and loved it! We got in three rides at the MK before 9am (space mountain had a 5 min wait time).

I'm struggling with this as well. I don't have hoppers and am thinking on hitting a few evening EMH but wondering if that's a bad strategy crowd wise.

We used to avoid EMH parks. This last trip, we went to MK when it had evening EMH and it was great. We took an afternoon break and went back to the park after the sun went down. Most people left after Wishes. We closed the park down; it was our favorite night.

We have young kids, so we opt to avoid because we're not out late night. And, time it takes to hop to another park after the EMH park gets crowded negates any time saved by going early.

We use PH.

We don't always do morning EMH, they are usually only 1 hr, some rides aren't open at all, and they usually make the parks so busy, they are packed by 11 AM. But when we do go, we are at a 2nd park before lunch.

We almost always go to evening EMH, since they are often 2 hours (used to get 3 hrs at MK) and all the rides are open and everything seems far less frantic than the morning panic.

Without hoppers, we would go to the parks recommended by EasyWDW or TouringPlans instead (which is often where we end up after any morning EMH).

Now that my kids are older, we close the park down when there are evening EMH offered. We plan on hopping from DHS to MK on the night of EMH. We have a late breakfast the next morning, so we should be good to go. The crowd does thin down some after Wishes.

We tend to avoid EMH parks. We like that extra hour of sleep and the other parks tend to be less crowded. But as you can see by the responses, your mileage may vary.

Adding another question- it would be most convenient to our plan to be at Epcot on a PM EMH day. I was planning on being there for rope drop and then leaving around lunch time to head over to HS. Is the morning of a PM EMH park going to be significantly more crowded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter