Avoid Single Rider Line on MFSR

wondering what day you did SR?
My daughter just told me that last week they had 3 of their turntables down so maybe that affected the SR queue even more so as the CM are trained to give priority to the standby queue

This happened on Friday September 27th I believe around 2:00pm.

If they had turn table issues or anything that would increase our wait time since we entered the line I wish they would had given us some kind of heads up (maybe an announcement in line). I was talking with a Grandmother there with her tween aged grandson in line with me. They also left the line after waiting so long. If had they continued to wait they would have missed their dining reservation and they had to meet up with the rest of their family. I don’t think they would have gotten in line had they’d know they wouldn’t have made it thru the line by their reservation time. Why waste that park time? She kept saying if we don’t get on by such and such time we will have to leave the line to meet up with family for their Sci Fi Dine in reservation.

This happened on Friday September 27th I believe around 2:00pm.

If they had turn table issues or anything that would increase our wait time since we entered the line I wish they would had given us some kind of heads up (maybe an announcement in line). I was talking with a Grandmother there with her tween aged grandson in line with me. They also left the line after waiting so long. If had they continued to wait they would have missed their dining reservation and they had to meet up with the rest of their family. I don’t think they would have gotten in line had they’d know they wouldn’t have made it thru the line by their reservation time. Why waste that park time? She kept saying if we don’t get on by such and such time we will have to leave the line to meet up with family for their Sci Fi Dine in reservation.
no that wasn't the day. It is really weird, I've never heard the SR line for Falcon being so backed up.

FWIW Rock n Roller coaster also has a single rider lone that is routinely longer than standby. Yours is the first complaint I've seen of this...will have to watch to see if its an anomaly or not. Thanks for the heads up!
We've ridden the single rider line for RnRC and its always been shorter than the standby line.
I think it all depends how the CM load the cars. When we were there, they added single riders s needed, but also loaded 4 seats from just the single rider line to every car.

We've done SR a number of times on a number of rides at both WDW and Universal, including once for the new Star Wars MFSR.

SR is often a bit shorter than standby, but not always.

I second what BadPinkTink said about judging the SR queue for the new MFSR. If the queue is backed up beyond the split,= a healthy wait, we'd probably bail.

The SR queue generally means missing much of the queue scenery, and that is especially true on MFSR. The Single Rider queue is just dull concrete tunnels, and SR's tend to get assigned the engineer role.

Interesting - I rode SR 4 times last week, 3 times as a single rider. Once was a complete walk-on, and the other two times, I waited no more than 10 minutes.

FWIW Rock n Roller coaster also has a single rider lone that is routinely longer than standby. Yours is the first complaint I've seen of this...will have to watch to see if its an anomaly or not. Thanks for the heads up!

Oddly enough, I've never had an overly long wait in the Rock N Roller Coaster single rider line. Definitely shorter than the regular standby line.

I second what BadPinkTink said about judging the SR queue for the new MFSR. If the queue is backed up beyond the split,= a healthy wait, we'd probably bail.

The SR queue generally means missing much of the queue scenery, and that is especially true on MFSR. The Single Rider queue is just dull concrete tunnels, and SR's tend to get assigned the engineer role.

Thanks for the warning! I'm fine with being the engineer, but I definitely want to walk through the regular queue scenery. No single rider for me, at least not my first time on MFSR.

I definitely want to walk through the regular queue scenery. No single rider for me, at least not my first time on MFSR.

This is a decent tip for most rides, for everyone. Seeing the full queue is part of the story.

Though sometimes, when the choices are SR (or FP)= walk-on vs. standby=hour, I have opted to bypass the full queue.

There's something to be said for seeing the full queue, but it is also a trade -off.

Time is precious.

Did single rider in about 20 minutes last Friday which was less than half of what the standby line was.

Whilst I had no real wait for single rider what I observed was when there three spaces left if the next group was a two they would check along if there was a three, this seemed out of order when you have a single rider line

We went on Tuesday Oct 8 around noon. 70 min posted standby wait time. We were in and out on the single rider line in 30 minutes. The single rider line was just about to the entrance.

This was years ago and if my memory holds was in DL, I could have sworn there was a SR line for SM...??
Please don’t abbreviate splash mountain sm because it’s confusing with space mountain.

Instead use two letters for each word, so for splash mountain the proper abbreviation is sp mt

Please don’t abbreviate splash mountain sm because it’s confusing with space mountain.

Instead use two letters for each word, so for splash mountain the proper abbreviation is sp mt

Seriously......

Funny, so yea PLEASE give me YOUR table of abbreviations so everyone else can follow along so YOU are happy.... :sad2:

Well, two weeks ago a friend and I went (on Thursday and Friday afternoons) through a rather sparse crowd at WDW's Galaxy's Edge and did the single line on both days in mid afternoon. We waited NOT AT ALL both times. As single riders we were shunted to the least desirable spots in the "Falcon" and were thoroughly disappointed by the lackluster ride--- both days running! It just isn't particularly compelling. Afterward we went over to Star Tours and, without a long wait, had the always delightful experience of the C-3-PO hosted flight with new material all the time-- and in 3D too. This is a regular stop for us whenever we go to the Hw Studio park. It's terrific every time. Sorry, folks, but the "Falcon" is a bust.
To you maybe. Some like it. That's the beauty of having so much to do at WDW. Skip what you don't like, but there are plenty that do like it and don't skip it

Was just at DHS this past week and while I was there I was able to ride MFSR during EEMH going thru the regular line a little after 7:00am with little wait. Got to see Hondo and the details in the normal line. Later in the day around 2:00pm I went to go ride again this time went to the single rider line since I was at the park by myself. The posted wait time for the ride was 45min. I waited and waited in that single rider line. The 45 minutes that I would have waited in the regular line came and went and I still was no were close to being near the loading area they hand out your positions. I had to end up leaving the line an hour after I started waiting along with quite a few other guests who were not happy about how long this was taking. I asked on the way out if this was normal that single rider would wait so much longer then the regular line and was told yes. I have done other single rider lines in Disney and never had such a wait like this. Test Track that also has a single rider line and has a ride vehicle with 6 passengers just like MFSR never had any issues with such a wait. I have experienced before when the single rider has had a long wait without moving they will fill vehicles with just single riders. This never happened at MFSR. I did make a stop at Guest Services on my way out and told them what happened. She said she hadn’t heard of this happening before but took down my complaint. This happened to be my last day at the parks and was going to be my last ride of the day and was a really disappointing ending to my trip. So even if your traveling by yourself I would wait in the regular line. Save yourself the frustration of that Single Rider line.
I see a really clear and obvious reason. Seating configuration.
TT is 3 seats in each row. They rarely split even groups up, so this leaves a single seat open in rows many times.
Smuglers is 3 rows of 2. Makes it easier to place even numbers, leaving odd seats less likely.

This is why I use either Space or Splash. What was Disney thinking,
using names with the same abbreviation? Not to mention the unfortunate Saucers abbreviation... :)
I try not to use any abbreviations to avoid all confusion. Sometimes I go into a topic and I swear it's all code, because all I see are abbreviations and hardly any actual words, haha. It can be annoying at times.

I waited maybe 15 minutes on single rider when the normal line was an hour.

The problem is that the stairway for single riders IS NOT AIR CONDITIONED AT ALL. I was there on a not so hot day (so, you know, 85 degrees) and that staircase was unbearable. I was very close to getting out of line. Made the attraction much less enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter