Avis? Too Good to be true?

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
Currently I have an offer for a full size car for 12 days in July and the prepay cost would be $853. I am nervous to reserve a prepay and showing up with no car availability. What has the experience been like within the last couple of weeks for no cars being available? I have a car reserved at the Car Care Center but cannot pick up until 3 days into our trip.
We have to have a rental car due to house hunting while we are there.

Avis is a reputable/large rental company (compared to some of the no-name brands I see mentioned at times here), so I wouldn't have any issue prepaying for a planned future trip. Always had good experience with Avis in the past. If some unexpected circumstance results in a car not being available, I am sure they would refund your payment and/or look to find you a vehicle. I doubt prepaying is any more/less likely to result in a car not being available, so I am not sure how that makes a difference in your planning. You indicated you already have a backup rental plan so I think you should be all set.

Haven't flown/rented a car since covid started so can't comment on recent experiences.

Currently I have an offer for a full size car for 12 days in July and the prepay cost would be $853. I am nervous to reserve a prepay and showing up with no car availability. What has the experience been like within the last couple of weeks for no cars being available? I have a car reserved at the Car Care Center but cannot pick up until 3 days into our trip.
We have to have a rental car due to house hunting while we are there.
Can't you find a reservation that doesn't include prepay? That's the worst way to rent a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter