Avis or National? Opinions please!

wenabre

DIS Veteran
I would like opinions on Avis and National Car rental companies. I have used Avis but not National. I know both are located at the airport so thats not an issue. Also where does one top up the tank near the airport? Thanks.

I have used both in Orlando and I find them both to be great. Frankly, I would go with the best rate. There are gas stations all over the place before you get on I4 or the Greenway,
you can top off there.
Actually, I prepay the gas with Avis (not a popular option among the many here) so I don't have to face this issue, leaving is depressing enough.
With National, however, if you are an EA member, they will top it off at current local prices (or darn close).
National's web site explains it quite well.
I found the price they charged me at Avis was within pennies of the local station. Hardly worth worrying about.

We've used Avis twice and also have their preferred member card. Be sure to bring your confirmation of rate paperwork. Both times I had changed my res via internet to a lower rate but they had the higher rate in their computer. Quickly fixed though.

I have always found National to be cheaper at least at the airport in Orlando. Checking their websites I always find National to be cheaper than Avis & Hertz. I am starting to wonder how these two stay in business. They are always higher priced. Anyone else notice this?

I have also noticed this. I'm renting w/Dollar during my trip in March, but I continue to check prices. When I called Hertz with my AAA card thinking they might do better than my Dollar rental, they gave me a quote for same sized car, same days, of $150.00 higher.

You're right, I DO wonder how they stay in business.

We have always used Avis with good luck but this time we are going with National because if you are a Disney Club member you can find 2 discount coupons and the site and with those I could save around $75.00 over Avis or any of the others. So if you are Disney club members check out their website:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter