Avis or Hertz ??? I have both on reserve

fran99999

DIS Veteran
I have never rented a car before so I hope someone will walk me down the right path. I have limited experience in size of cars and am POOH sized. :)
Background info:
I usually drive either my Thunderbird or Chevy blazer 4 door (for size comparison) I am driving to Port Canaveral for a Carnival Cruise. Disney was to expensive $1000 PP compared to Carnval $349 PP
Occupants Myself and DS7 (

AVIS: Subcompact car (Chevy Aveo or similar)
says will fit 4 and 1 large 1 small suitcase
2 day rental (arriving 8/26 cruise 8/28)

approx total per rate info $53.86

Hertz: Staying at Marriot so got a web transfer discount of 23%
site states Midsize car(Chevy Classic, Toyota Corola)
fit 5 people 1 large and 2 small suitcases
2 day rental same times

approx total per rate info sheet $60.02

As U can see the rate difference is not that much so which would be a better fit/$$. Ok which would U choose. HELP popcorn::

Thanx so much for the replies I am so confused.

Fran...I always would rather have a bigger car. Since there really is not much difference I would go with the midsize and not subcompact. :thumbsup2
Have fun! :)

With Hertz full size is a taurus, toyota camera type car.

Premium is something like the Mercury Grand Marquis/ Ford Crown Vic. These are the only two categories I'm familiar with.

Hertz was mostly ford cars but since they sold their interest Hertz has been adding other makes.

Aveo is too small. You will probably be given something bigger but just in case, you better book one size up from that. The Hertz car looks fine.

The subcompact is scary small. Im of a "standard" build and its way too small for my tastes. Go with the Hertz midsize which lately has been Ford Fusion or Toyota Corolla. Also, of every company in the car rental business, I think Hertz has the best customer service. If you get out to your car and you decide you want something bigger, they wont hesitate to upgrade you to something with little or no cost at all.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter