Avis discount code?

sunsets

Earning My Ears
I thought I read somewhere that there was a discount for Avis with substantial savings. Can anyone tell me anything about this?

Hello sunsets- I just reserved with avis for memorial weekend, 5 days+4 hrs. I used a code off of avis's site (K163324)-AWD#. I then tried using rate code (USA) or (US) and got a base rate for 165.00 That rate was the same for economy-full size, ( I chose a full size ) I booked it online and got a confirmation # and the base rate of 165. ***IMPORTANT*** make sure you print this out. When I went back to view my ressie with conf.# the rate was higher. Many calls to avis later, they say they will honor my printout.(we'll see) Also, if you sign up for a wizard # online, your free gift is a coupon for 5.00 off per day, up to 5 days ( it seems that you can use this in addition to your confirmed rate) So my new rate should be 140.00 for a full size during memorial weekend.(before fees and taxes) Just to be safe, I also reserved with dollar, it was about 40.00 higher. Always have a plan B.

I used the USA/US code for our trip to Phoenix the middle of March. I signed DH up for a wizard number and got an extra $25 taken off of our 9 day rental. When I made the ressie I got a great rate (I wasn't really happy, it's much more expensive to rent in Phoenix) Anyway, I called to check the ressie and there were 18 ressies instead of 1. I talked to CS and she said that all was fine, just bring the printout with me incase. When we got there, we had over 30 ressies and no rate code. I showed the person my printout and she put the price in and off we went. When we returned the car we didn't have any problems. The rate was correct and we got $25 off! It really seemed like it was going to be a big deal before we got there, but everything was fine since I had my printouts. We even let them fill the car since their gas price was 10 cents lower than the gas stations in the area.

Hi, trying to book a car. I booked by phone for 364.00 for 9 days and that is for compact. I went in to the avis site with USA code you mentioned the price was about 285.00. It ask for the wizard code. It told you what it was but not how or where I can go to sign up. Can you help. thanks corvair

Hello corvair-
It seems that the phone agents won't accept USA rate code. I booked online, same price economy-full size. Remember to print out your conf. with your low rate. For some reason, when you go back to view your ressie, the price is different. Your printout might be your only proof of your rate. You can get your wizard # online at Avis's site. I didn't need a wizard # first. Did you click on the line that says " I do not have a wizard #". Book first without it, get the rate conf. then go back and get apply for wizard #.
Good Luck

Hi, I booked with all the codes.I printed up my confirmation sheet. Cost sid $285.25. I thought wow great. I just went back in and brought up my confirmation and it ssid $611.01. What happened. There is not a phone number wo call. Who did you get a hold of when this happened to you, I hope they have to honor that price. thanks corvair Oh nothing come up about getting wizard it just asked if you had a number .

sorry about the bad spelling, a guess a was trying to type to fast...

You have to call customer service 7:30am-7:30pm, it might be M - F . # is 1-800-352-7900. Expect to wait a lot. When you do get someone it still might not help. They'll ask you to fax your conf. and they'll tell you that they'll call you back, they probably won't. Get the persons name and try to talk to them on your return calls. I didn't mention that the USA code was used. If for some reason it is an invalid code that works, I don't want them to invalidate my ressie because of something I tell them. My ressie showed up only 75.00 more. I'm sure your's was a shocker. Good Luck with customer service.

Thanks, I am just going to try to explore other options. I will go back in to avis again and see what I will get. thanks now at least I know ther are different things and codes out there

CANCEL your reservation, start over with a NEW reservation, that is for an amount you are happy with . DO NOT TRY TO VIEW YOUR RESERVATION. Be happy with your confirmation and printout. If you want to check new rates, make a new reservation online. If the rate is lower, CANCEL your old reservation. DO NOT TRY TO VIEW YOUR NEW RESERVATION ONLINE. Most of the rental agency view/change screens do not reflect the reservation confirmation that you are holding in your hand. AVOID THEM:)

I just tried to use the USA code. My ressie was $53 less than my origional ressie. But-we have 2 computers and when I went to switch our printer from 1 printer to the other I lost the connection and I forgot to write down my confirmation #. When I called Avis I asked about my ressie and she said the USA code is only for military people. If you don't enter your military code your rate will go up to reflect the nonrate total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter