AVENTURA HOTEL INFO.......

The ticket desk was open till 8pm to pick up tickets. Our back up plan was Citywalk if we arrived later than that.

I agree about the rooftop bar and strongwater, we really like both. Food at strongwater is great, tapas type plates and I don’t mind the food at the rooftop bar, the wings are very good.

We had breakfast over at Amatista this trip and it was amazing, we went for the a la carte menu rather than the buffet.

Just stayed a week at Aventura and although it was OK it was not great and I have stayed there numerous times.

The food in the food court has much more limited hours - so for example the Pizza is not available till 4PM.
I used to get one for lunch after checkout before leaving.
Also the pizza seems to now be a premade shell and not fresh dough they also don't put fresh greens on top of it anymore. very disappointing.
Also they stop at 10PM and then do the popup food after HHN which is a joke - they can do better.

Rooms are clean - but I really dont like the tubs in the room - I though they were walk in showers - maybe I just got a room with a tub this time - I need to go back and look at previous stay photos.

Also was not thrilled to be on 10th floor when I booked skyline but I did have a great view of the parks so hard to complain - I am pretty sure skyline is 12 and up - but I got in at noon so I just kept it.

Housekeeping was not as consistent as Dockside they missed a few days - I left my room at 8 and came back at 3 so no real excuse there.

Buses were OK but seemed less frequent than in the past and I did seem to wait forever on one after HHN one night.

During the day they seemed to come every 10-15 minutes, but having stayed at Dockside just before there was always a bus waiting all day long - I kept looking over and seeing the dockside bus waiting - nice to just get on the bus and sit down.

I also took the boat a few times, but I had issues with the security on the boat - it seemed to be much more sensitive and they made me take off my belt one time which was a big PITA. Then my lanyard was an issue the next day. Seemed like there was something different every time that was a problem.

No issues like that at the hub so I just started skipping the boat taking the bus - maybe that is their plan.

Just stayed a week at Aventura ..
Thanks for the information.

I'm not expecting anything amazing. This isn't the hotel I'd choose if we weren't on a business trip, but I was given a budget. The goal for us is to simply be on property where everyone can easily split up and then meet back up together for meals and meetings and stuff. As long as the hotel is clean and the pool bar and rooftop bar are open, I think everyone will be happy.

I'm curious what issue you had with the lanyard and security. I've had issues in the past with my lanyards that have zippers in them, and I was debating which type to take on this trip. I prefer the zipper so nothing can fall out, but if they are back to throwing fits about them, I'll just use a regular one that stays open on one side.

Thanks for the information.

I'm not expecting anything amazing. This isn't the hotel I'd choose if we weren't on a business trip, but I was given a budget. The goal for us is to simply be on property where everyone can easily split up and then meet back up together for meals and meetings and stuff. As long as the hotel is clean and the pool bar and rooftop bar are open, I think everyone will be happy.

I'm curious what issue you had with the lanyard and security. I've had issues in the past with my lanyards that have zippers in them, and I was debating which type to take on this trip. I prefer the zipper so nothing can fall out, but if they are back to throwing fits about them, I'll just use a regular one that stays open on one side.
Yeah its a very good hotel for business meetings - on par with a standard Marriott
Its relatively small so no issues with the elevators which is nice - and there are many elevators (six).
Also no long walks to your room since its small - so that is a plus.

The rooftop bar is pretty lame - they have never been able to get that right. I spoke to many people over the years as well as on this trip and most don't like it at all. Its just missing something. Since your with a group it may not matter as much.

I prefer the lobby bar which is very small or walk next door to strong water at Sapphire - they have a great staff and much better drinks.

I had the standard Universal HHN lanyard so no idea why it was an issue - if you put it in your bag when you go through you will be fine. It just seemed like every time I went through security it was something else and when I had to take off my belt I was a bit angry to say the least - just use the wand - what is the problem. I think they need to add a Clear lane.

You mentioned a budget - one thing I noticed this time around - everything has gone way up in price - $5-$6 for a bottle of water. 12.75 for a beer that was $9 in 2021. I know its the same all over - but something you want to be aware of.

Its a hotel and a theme park I get it - but it did make me think twice about everything and id feel a bit excessive compared to 2019 - not sure how the Europeans are doing it with the Euro down and the prices way up.

Thanks. Glad to hear about multiple working elevators and short walks, and I'll make sure to mention Strong Water as well once we get there.

And yes, prices for everything are sky high right now! Thankfully, it looks like this part of our trip is actually going to cost less than the part we spend off property, so I don't think anyone is going to complain. Aventura is $100 less per night per room, and all the resturants I booked at Citywalk are well under budget, so there should be plenty left for people to enjoy appetizers, dessert, and drinks without worrying about the price, assuming prices listed for the online menus are correct.

Just got back from my first stay. Loved the small footprint, I have no problem with the minimally decorated room, halls were very quiet, lobby area quiet, pool quiet, perfect for a solo adult traveler. Every staff member I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Also really liked the healthier food options and 10% discount with my seasonal AP. Fruit, yogurt, and granola is what I usually eat for breakfast, so I appreciated that. Portions were large, the acai bowl was almost too much food. Had a made-to-order dinner salad one night, a great contrast to the nachos I had for dinner the night before. Buses ran every 10 minutes. Only took the SF boat to the parks once, also got flagged by security for no reason, but it was no big deal (I don't use a lanyard, nothing in my pockets, no belt). Security guy wanded me and said his metal detector is very sensitive. Took the boat back to SF several times.

Had pizza at Sal's at PBR so can't comment on that. I am used to walking to Volcano Bay from CBBR, which has its own security, the walkway from Aventura dumps you into the security line with all the people arriving on shuttle buses, which caused a backup for early entry. Next time I will head over earlier.

We were at Aventura October 14-21 for our second week-long stay there. We really like Aventura. LOVE the small footprint so there is never a long walk to your room.
We walked next door to Sapphire Falls and took the boat probably 2/3 of the time and took the bus the other times. Never waited more than 2 minutes for either. We had no issues with security at the boat dock, not sure why other people had that issue. Yes we had lanyards and my husband usually wore a belt.
My 17-year-old likes this hotel because there are so few children. Young children annoy him. LOL.
We swam a couple afternoons and there were never more than 10 people in the pool. No problem getting a seat in the shade. It was always quiet and relaxing by the pool.

We just got back, and it went great. Everyone loved it and kept commenting on how nice it all was. I requested high floor, and we got the top floor looking out towards the park. They were, I'm assuming, doing Hogwart's Castle show testing or something, and we were able to watch a few fireworks from our room each night at 11. Staff were very friendly. I really love the guy who runs the gift shop, super helpful and interesting to speak with, and you can tell he really loves his job and takes pride in it.

My only complaints were the water never got hot. It got warm, but not hot, the roof top bar ended up being closed for a private party part of the time, and the limited hours for on-site food.

Still overall a great stay. I even got to ride the elevator with the robot.

Also, someone above mentioned that security is the same as Citywalk security. This is true if you take the bus, but walking takes you to the security check by Margarittaville. The same one that Port Royal guests use when they walk. We never went through Citywalk security ever, and no issues with the boat security. The boats were more congested than normal because the walking path at Sapphire was closed, but other than a slightly longer wait, it was very a smooth process.

I noticed this at Endless Summer a few weeks ago too. I wonder if it's intentional?
Hmm it may be but I think its more about the time of day.

In the morning when everyone is showering I had to put it on full hot water and it was not particularly hot.

In the afternoon - I like to go back to the room shower and go back out around 4 - I had to turn it down, both at Dockside and Aventura.

Hmm it may be but I think its more about the time of day.

In the morning when everyone is showering I had to put it on full hot water and it was not particularly hot.

In the afternoon - I like to go back to the room shower and go back out around 4 - I had to turn it down, both at Dockside and Aventura.
I only tried it late at night after dinner, usually between 9 to 11 and early morning, between 6 to 8, so probably the busiest times. I also wondered if top floor might factor in depending on how far away the water heaters are.

I only tried it late at night after dinner, usually between 9 to 11 and early morning, between 6 to 8, so probably the busiest times. I also wondered if top floor might factor in depending on how far away the water heaters are.
I was on 12 and 14 and it was iffy at best.

Not sure what they have I assume they have tankless on multiple floors - never really thought about it.

Its possible they have it not set too high as well to save money - so again more people using it means less hot water to share and if its at 120 instead of 130 that does not help.

Just got back from my first stay. Loved the small footprint, I have no problem with the minimally decorated room, halls were very quiet, lobby area quiet, pool quiet, perfect for a solo adult traveler. Every staff member I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Also really liked the healthier food options and 10% discount with my seasonal AP. Fruit, yogurt, and granola is what I usually eat for breakfast, so I appreciated that. Portions were large, the acai bowl was almost too much food. Had a made-to-order dinner salad one night, a great contrast to the nachos I had for dinner the night before. Buses ran every 10 minutes. Only took the SF boat to the parks once, also got flagged by security for no reason, but it was no big deal (I don't use a lanyard, nothing in my pockets, no belt). Security guy wanded me and said his metal detector is very sensitive. Took the boat back to SF several times.

Had pizza at Sal's at PBR so can't comment on that. I am used to walking to Volcano Bay from CBBR, which has its own security, the walkway from Aventura dumps you into the security line with all the people arriving on shuttle buses, which caused a backup for early entry. Next time I will head over earlier.
We had a 5 day stay last Aug at Aventura. Then went to RP for 9 days. We enjoyed Aventura, had a deluxe room with walk-in shower. Thought the food court was great the 2 times we ate there. The noodle bowl was huge and had enough for 2 meals! My daughter said the burger was good too.
Sals is the only place to get pizza!
We used the boat every day. Never a problem with security. Was told to hold my arms over head cause iwatch sets it off.

We stayed the 14th - 20th October in a deluxe room, 15th floor.

Had a great stay. Housekeeping was good, staff were friendly. Room was brilliant with all those windows and amazing views.

Didn’t use the pool, it was too chilly but did use the hot tub to help my aching legs from HHN. We used the boat at Sapphire quite a bit and no issues with security, we also walked quite a bit after cutting through Sapphire and past Rpr rather than using the garden path.

The wok bowls at urban pantry were great and the staff at Starbucks were friendly.

Great base for HHN without crazy long corridors once you are back, probably our top choice resort for next October with a summer trip next door at Sapphire.

At Aventura hotel I only see a hearing accessible room available for my dates. Can I book that even though I don't need the hearing accessible features? Any drawback of such a room in comparison to a standard room?

If it's the only room type available, go ahead & book it despite not requiring the accommodations. The idea is to have various accessible rooms as options for those who need them, not to hold empty rooms on the chance that someone with hearing difficulties wants them on exactly those dates. Like when you go into a public bathroom and the only unoccupied stall left is the handicapped stall... you don't have to stand there and wait for another stall to become free, just in case someone else might come in after who requires the handicapped one. Anyone can use that stall/room since the others are taken.

I would read the description carefully - I think it mentions a light based alarm clock and maybe a few other modifications. It wouldn't stop me from booking.

At Aventura hotel I only see a hearing accessible room available for my dates. Can I book that even though I don't need the hearing accessible features? Any drawback of such a room in comparison to a standard room?
I agree with @CAPSLOCK We have been in this situation where an accessible room is the only room available. We did notice the only other difference with the hearing accessible room is there’s a visual doorbell. I’m assuming when pressed from the outside, certain lights go on as a notification.

There have been times where I’ve checked closer to the trip and if another room such as a standard room opens up, we’ve modified our booking to the other room… so that’s a possibility as well.

These bowls at their quick service are just so good. I think most people get them with teriyaki sauce which is more of a noodle dish. We always get them with roasted chicken broth instead so it’s more like pho (and noodles instead of rice). There are a lot of variations and choices with these. Super friendly staff each time as well. From last week, picture includes a kid’s portion which was plenty:
IMG_1465.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter