Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

What will be the headliner??
They announced a Quinjet ride at 2019 D23 Expo. Details are a little bit scant, and it seems like they haven't started construction yet, so it could be a couple of years away minimum. (I assume Runaway Railway will open long before it does.) Avengers HQ will eventually be the front facade for the ride - the ride building will be built behind it.

LanceQ is a trace off here - the Quinjet ride was always announced as a potential Phase 2 ride for AC. So, arguably, yes, AC didn't open with its "headliner" attraction, but it was never supposed to.

With Galaxy's Edge, there weren't supposed to be phases - ROTR was supposed to open with the rest of the land. Different situation here.

Last edited:
Did anyone try the standby line today for AC? Curious as to how long it was, how long it took, etc. Especially in the afternoon, as we're going Wednesday, but hopping into DCA after 1:00.

We did! As I mentioned above, no dice on 7am WS for us. Got 149 backup group at noon so we figured even if we got called it would be late and we wouldn’t see much of the land. We did a few other things and then decided around 4 that we would brave the standby so we could at least experience AC. When we got in line it was just past the entrance to AC towards Carthay. From there the line goes all the way down to the Pier entrance, through the WoC viewing area (in theory- more on this later) and then back up to the AC entrance. When we got in line the people at the front were saying they’d been in line for a bit over 3 hrs. The CM at the end of the line was telling people it was a 4hr wait.
However, when we got to the entrance to the pier, we were pleasantly surprised to find that they were no longer using the WoC area and the line just doubled back at that point. When we made it to near the front and saw the CM who was quoting 4hrs he recognized us and said that wasn’t 4 hours. He was surprised to hear they weren’t using the WoC section of the queue. Around 5:15 while still in line we checked and saw Mobile Order windows available and put in orders for Pyms Kitchen and Tasting lab for 7ish since it looked like a pretty safe bet we’d be in by then.

We got in a little after 5:30pm. So really only about 1.5hrs in line and not that bad. We did get a notification around 5:45 that our backup boarding group would not be called for Webslingers.

Waited in a very short line for the main shawarma cart and then checked out the store. WEB Supply is VERY small. We had been to the backlot store earlier in the day and they have a TON more merchandise there vs in AC itself. DD was cold and wanted a sweatshirt but couldn’t find anything inside AC that she liked in WEB supply, the supply pod or the Collectors Warehouse. Then we went on GOTG with a 35min posted wait that was more like 20. Saw Black Widow, Ant-man and Loki out and about then picked up our Pym’s mobile orders which we really enjoyed. As reported previously, there were also standby lines for both Pyms locations so even if we hadn’t done a mobile order we would have been ok. The line for walk up ordering wasn’t terrible at the kitchen side and seemed to move along pretty well. The walk up ordering for the Tasting Lab was only two parties when I picked up my mobile order.

By the time we finished eating it was nearly 8:45. Loved seeing AC at night! On a whim, we went by the sanctum just as they started letting people in for the final Dr Strange performance. We were the last two people they let in the viewing area, though you could watch from outside with probably almost as good a view as we had in the back. The show was fun with some neat tricks and was a great cap on our evening. We did not catch any of the others shows, unfortunately (other than the tail end of the Guardians dance off... I didn’t know they were still doing that show).

All in all, in absence of a boarding group we were happy with our decision to attempt the standby line, even if we didn’t get on WS.

If anyone is interested, the last BG called today for WS was 140.

Last edited:
LanceQ is a trace off here - the Quinjet ride was always announced as a potential Phase 2 ride for AC. So, arguably, yes, AC didn't open with its "headliner" attraction, but it was never supposed to.

I'm not a trace off. All I said was that it opened without a headliner attraction, which is true.

We did! As I mentioned above, no dice on 7am WS for us. Got 149 backup group at noon so we figured even if we got called it would be late and we wouldn’t see much of the land. We did a few other things and then decided around 4 that we would brave the standby so we could at least experience AC. When we got in line it was just past the entrance to AC towards Carthay. From there the line goes all the way down to the Pier entrance, through the WoC viewing area (in theory- more on this later) and then back up to the AC entrance. When we got in line the people at the front were saying they’d been in line for a bit over 3 hrs. The CM at the end of the line was telling people it was a 4hr wait.
However, when we got to the entrance to the pier, we were pleasantly surprised to find that they were no longer using the WoC area and the line just doubled back at that point. When we made it to near the front and saw the CM who was quoting 4hrs he recognized us and said that wasn’t 4 hours. He was surprised to hear they weren’t using the WoC section of the queue. Around 5:15 while still in line we checked and saw Mobile Order windows available and put in orders for Pyms Kitchen and Tasting lab for 7ish since it looked like a pretty safe bet we’d be in by then.

We got in a little after 5:30pm. So really only about 1.5hrs in line and not that bad. We did get a notification around 5:45 that our backup boarding group would not be called for Webslingers.

Waited in a very short line for the main shawarma cart and then checked out the store. WEB Supply is VERY small. We had been to the backlot store earlier in the day and they have a TON more merchandise there vs in AC itself. DD was cold and wanted a sweatshirt but couldn’t find anything inside AC that she liked in WEB supply, the supply pod or the Collectors Warehouse. Then we went on GOTG with a 35min posted wait that was more like 20. Saw Black Widow, Ant-man and Loki out and about then picked up our Pym’s mobile orders which we really enjoyed. As reported previously, there were also standby lines for both Pyms locations so even if we hadn’t done a mobile order we would have been ok. The line for walk up ordering wasn’t terrible at the kitchen side and seemed to move along pretty well. The walk up ordering for the Tasting Lab was only two parties when I picked up my mobile order.

By the time we finished eating it was nearly 8:45. Loved seeing AC at night! On a whim, we went by the sanctum just as they started letting people in for the final Dr Strange performance. We were the last two people they let in the viewing area, though you could watch from outside with probably almost as good a view as we had in the back. The show was fun with some neat tricks and was a great cap on our evening. We did not catch any of the others shows, unfortunately (other than the tail end of the Guardians dance off... I didn’t know they were still doing that show).

All in all, in absence of a boarding group we were happy with our decision to attempt the standby line, even if we didn’t get on WS.

If anyone is interested, the last BG called today for WS was 140.

Thank you for the great and detailed write-up! I hope we are able to copy your plan on Wednesday! Sounds pretty reasonable!

That refresh tip is where it's at. I posted a YouTube link the other day that shows a perfect example of it.

Even got. BG for ROTR.
Side note DCA is a madhouse today. To bad I was stuck in AC because I wanted an adult beverage, have a shawarma sandwich (available at 11am) and see the stunt shows. Did it all but wasn't out of AC until 1145. By then all attractions including the AC entry stand by was super long.
Just confirming this is still the case:
If starting day in DCA, with Parkhopper, you cannot get the BG for ROTR until noon? Thanks!

Just confirming this is still the case:
If starting day in DCA, with Parkhopper, you cannot get the BG for ROTR until noon? Thanks!
Correct. And if you got a web slingers at 7am, you have to have scanned in for it before 12pm in order to try for rotr.

Correct. And if you got a web slingers at 7am, you have to have scanned in for it before 12pm in order to try for rotr.
Ah, that part's new to me. Interesting wrinkle.

So if WS return time is after noon, you are out of luck for ROTR?
And assume you mean scanned into WS... not scanned into AC in general (which they probably don't scan for anyways).

Thanks!

And assume you mean scanned into WS... not scanned into AC in general (which they probably don't scan for anyways).

Thanks!
Correct

Thanks!
And same is true in reverse. If starting in DL and you get an RotR at 7, you have to scan into ride before noon to get a WS BG at noon.

Tried this morning for practice for WS using atomic clock and not pull-down method, also on data with 5G. Ticker spun just enough to take too long and fill up before I got through. Hope it doesn’t do this when I’m actually trying for real next week 😱

Good morning! For those testing from home for fun, what constitutes “success”? I just tried at 7 a.m. but don’t have an active ticket (we're not going until October). I turned off WiFi, used the pull-down method, saw the “Join” button right at 7 a.m., clicked, then was asked to link a ticket. As expected, that’s as far as I can get ... or am I missing something?

Good morning! For those testing from home for fun, what constitutes “success”? I just tried at 7 a.m. but don’t have an active ticket (we're not going until October). I turned off WiFi, used the pull-down method, saw the “Join” button right at 7 a.m., clicked, then was asked to link a ticket. As expected, that’s as far as I can get ... or am I missing something?
If it was “successful” it would have taken you to the following page where it says you don’t have reservations for today.

You do need to have a ticket to select on the Ticket page, otherwise, you can't really practice. In a way you can, you've seen all the pages, the join at the bottom of the ticket page is the final join, you just can't click it and know if you were successful.

If you want to try, just to check things out until you buy DL tickets, you can practice on the WDW app as it only uses friends and family list, rather than tickets. If you're in Pacific time, you can try at 10am for their 1pm drop.

Also, this would be for RotR, not Web slingers, but same concept

You do need to have a ticket to select on the Ticket page, otherwise, you can't really practice. In a way you can, you've seen all the pages, the join at the bottom of the ticket page is the final join, you just can't click it and know if you were successful.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the help!

Have everyone in your party try for the boarding group. On Saturday, everyone in our group of 8 tried using our own respective accounts and my niece was able to get us group 8.
Awesome! Yes I'm pretty sure the odds favor the younger members in our party with the fast fingers. My 13 year old is already practicing daily.

How I would visit DCA park if I were you...
at 7am try for the BG for WS.
By 730am head down to the GCH to DTD entrance.
They may let you into DTD even earlier than the people waiting at the check-in points.

If you are one of the first in the park, ride RSR first. Try to get RSR done before anything else. If RSR is already over a 30 minute wait head to Paradise Pier.
Then ride Toy Story Midway Mania, Incredicoaster, and Pal Around.
Keep in mind this all depends on what number you get for your WS BG.
If you get an early WS BG, like 1-20 you are going to be called quickly.
I would still try to get some attractions in before you check in for WS.
If you have even more time I would try to get in Guardians before WS check-in.

ME

This sounds like a good plan! Thank you! We weren't really sure how they were handling GCH entry into the parks and DTD and 7:30 sounds a lot better than 6 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter