Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

Side note DCA today is a madhouse today. To bad I was stuck in AC because I wanted an adult beverage, have a shawarma sandwich (available at 11am) and see the stunt shows. Did it all but wasn't out of AC until 1145. By then all attractions including the AC entry stand by was super long.

Ugh, what the heck is going on? How can it be busier than opening weekend? So nervous for our non-hopper day tomorrow.

Ugh, what the heck is going on? How can it be busier than opening weekend? So nervous for our non-hopper day tomorrow.
I wonder if it just feels that way? Wait times aren't showing any higher than they have for the last week and are significantly lower than they were 2-3 weeks ago.

I practiced from home just now trying the “pull down method” from the DCA page and it took its time spinning on the select party page - enough to fill up before I made it through.

Did you do that method?
Same thing happened to me today practicing for ROTR at work with cell data.

Everything looks significantly higher than they have the last three days since AC opened.
Maybe it depends on what time we're all looking because I've been checking daily and the wait times aren't higher than I've seen. And they're definitely down from the last few weeks, where RSR was averaging 90-120+ minutes. I do agree they're much higher than the first few weeks though.

DD and I were both trying using the same method shown in the video and did not get a BG at 7am. We tried again at noon while in line for RSR and DD got back up group 149. Hoping we get on but also realizing it means it will be end of day if we do and we will pretty much just get to go on the ride. DD loves Marvel so we’re actually considering getting in the standby line just to be able to spend some time in the land 😳. We have PHs tomorrow too but starting at DL. I haven’t been on ROTR yet (and I love SW) so that’s our boarding pass priority for tomorrow.

This is our first visit after reopening but it seems about what I expected for waits and crowds based on discussions here and not really a madhouse but I guess I don’t have anything to compare it to either.

We rode WEB Slingers on opening day and everyone in my party really enjoyed it. We would’ve loved it even more if the line was shorter- we still waited almost an hour from the end of the line. But it was a lot of fun and I don’t really understand why people are disappointed by it. We’ll definitely try to ride again next time we go!

I have a trip coming up mid July -- I know things could change by then... We have PH but right now all reservations starting at DL. If we are in DL, can we try for a boarding group for WS? Would we do that at the noon opening or do we have to have a DCA reservation?

I have a trip coming up mid July -- I know things could change by then... We have PH but right now all reservations starting at DL. If we are in DL, can we try for a boarding group for WS? Would we do that at the noon opening or do we have to have a DCA reservation?
Assuming park hopping stays the same, you can try for the noon WS, IF you aren’t holding one for RotR.

This was so helpful, thank you!!! Going tomorrow and I think the kids would enjoy WS.
The only thing in the video I would NOT do is refresh over and over. Just wait until it is exactly 7am or 12pm and then refresh.
Use an external clock app to see where you are at by the second.
I usually wait until it is at 6:59:50am or 11:59:50am (then I internally countdown) and go back to the app that is already opened to join boarding group for the attraction I want. Wait for the phone clock to say 7am or 12pm and the refresh the page, click join (on attraction I want), then click join again (on the create a party screen).

Additional Tips:
Since the Create a Party automatically knows who is going or in the park, immediately push join at the bottom of the Create a Party screen. This is where people tend to get hung up because they are making sure everyone is checked in. You want to complete the process as fast as possible and this Join button is the last step.

When in the parks or hotel DO NOT use WIFI, Mobile Data works MUCH BETTER (walk around and find where the connection bars are highest)!

Last edited:
It also means that others can't come in. As long as people are just milling about taking up space, unable to leave because of food orders, it decreases the overall capacity of the land to newcomers. It's a problem in both directions, and, hopefully, they'll be able to open the land to all comers when capacity restrictions are (ostensibly) lifted on the 15th.
There isn't much social distancing going on (park wide) unless you are in line for something.
I think it is best to just open the area up to everyone and have them naturally be able to freely leave and enter the area as they see fit. It would probably reduce capacity on its own (really not much to do in AC) and at the same time lessen the strain that other parts of the park are feeling.

Did anyone try the standby line today for AC? Curious as to how long it was, how long it took, etc. Especially in the afternoon, as we're going Wednesday, but hopping into DCA after 1:00.

Thanks!

I want to make sure I understand the process, we are going this weekend.

We can "rope drop" AC just to get into the area and ride Guardians, correct? If we do this, should we plan to be crossing harbor no later than 630am for a 9am opening?

or

We can get a 7am or 12pm boarding pass to get us into the land and on the spider man ride.

Is this right?

Going at the end of this month and I am trying to understand the entry process if you are staying at the Grand Californian.

Are we able to enter through the private entrance or into the esplanade area before they allow harbor side through security? I am hearing mixed information and just looking for the fastest way to get in the standby queue for Marvel if we don't get that 7am boarding group for web slingers. We have a serious Marvel fan in our group so this will be a big priority but I also don't want to line up at 6am if it isn't necessary.

Also, is it beneficial to have many people trying to get in a boarding queue through their 'My Disney Experience' accounts? We are a group of 7 and we each have our own account with all 7 tickets linked at this time and we each have different cell carriers etc so it seems like the more trying the better but I am also wondering if this might cause issues.

Congrats to all who got to experience the ride and land this past weekend!!

Going at the end of this month and I am trying to understand the entry process if you are staying at the Grand Californian.

Are we able to enter through the private entrance or into the esplanade area before they allow harbor side through security? I am hearing mixed information and just looking for the fastest way to get in the standby queue for Marvel if we don't get that 7am boarding group for web slingers. We have a serious Marvel fan in our group so this will be a big priority but I also don't want to line up at 6am if it isn't necessary.

Also, is it beneficial to have many people trying to get in a boarding queue through their 'My Disney Experience' accounts? We are a group of 7 and we each have our own account with all 7 tickets linked at this time and we each have different cell carriers etc so it seems like the more trying the better but I am also wondering if this might cause issues.

Have everyone in your party try for the boarding group. On Saturday, everyone in our group of 8 tried using our own respective accounts and my niece was able to get us group 8.

We can "rope drop" AC just to get into the area and ride Guardians, correct? If we do this, should we plan to be crossing harbor no later than 630am for a 9am opening?

or

We can get a 7am or 12pm boarding pass to get us into the land and on the spider man ride.

Is this right?
Yes. This is correct. However, I got in line at the Harbor side at 6:30am last Saturday and I was still pretty far back. So if your plan is to “rope drop” AC, then you’ll want to be earlier assuming crowds are similar.

Of course, being in line that early means you’ll be in line at 7am, so you’ll know if you got a boarding group for Spider-Man or need to head straight to AC before the standby line gets long.

or
Is this right?

Yes the more the merrier when it comes to trying for the BG. Follow the advice given in this thread and practice before you go.
However, I would have one person using their phones clock app to countdown the time by the second so everyone knows when it is best to refresh the Boarding Group screen.

I would avoid the Hotel entry in the morning and instead go to the Esplanade entrance.
Getting the 7am WS BG (12pm if you must) to enter AC will make your life and experience much easier.
If you do not get the WS BG I would wait to enter AC in the afternoon. The line for AC does wind down a bit once WS passes are gone. However, check with Guest Services to see what the character and stunt show times are if that is important to you.
It is more important to ride the other DCA attractions in the morning. Almost everyone is going to the AC line or RSR first at park opening.
Also, know that the park has been opening early (8:12am today).

How I would visit DCA park if I were you...
at 7am try for the BG for WS.
By 730am head down to the GCH to DTD entrance.
They may let you into DTD even earlier than the people waiting at the check-in points.

If you are one of the first in the park, ride RSR first. Try to get RSR done before anything else. If RSR is already over a 30 minute wait head to Paradise Pier.
Then ride Toy Story Midway Mania, Incredicoaster, and Pal Around.
Keep in mind this all depends on what number you get for your WS BG.
If you get an early WS BG, like 1-20 you are going to be called quickly.
I would still try to get some attractions in before you check in for WS.
If you have even more time I would try to get in Guardians before WS check-in.

ME

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter