Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

Has anyone had any luck getting a WS boarding group at the 12:00 window?

We got BG 101 on Friday at noon. Many around us did too- we heard cheers all around us. Our friends on the other side of the park said they also heard many cheers around them.

I’m going tomorrow (Mon). Is it possible to get in AC without a BG if we are there at rope drop? I’m planning to get in line at 6am.

Question, is AC using both a standby line and virtual wait list? I feel like I read on a blog post that there would be a BG for the ride and to get into the land. But I’ve only heard about the (really long) standby?

Question, is AC using both a standby line and virtual wait list? I feel like I read on a blog post that there would be a BG for the ride and to get into the land. But I’ve only heard about the (really long) standby?

BG for the attraction, standby line just to get into the land.

I’m going tomorrow (Mon). Is it possible to get in AC without a BG if we are there at rope drop? I’m planning to get in line at 6am.
Yes it’s possible. If tomorrow is anything like today and yesterday than 6am will get you an ok spot in line but not at the front. Will be back by the drop off area on Harbor. The lines to get into DCA will be a couple dozen people or more in each by the time you get through security. And then most of the people seem to head straight to AC and start that line. So will you get in? Yes, but I don’t know how long it will take you in that scenario.

There is no BG to get into the land. The standby line is your only option if you don’t get a WS BG.

They closed that line at least 2 hours before park closed. I asked about the wait around 7pm and the CM at the back of the line said they closed the line and are keeping anyone else from getting in line because they wouldn’t get into AC if they got in line at that time or later. I tried to get in after 8pm as I saw people flooding out but the CMs were not letting anyone else in without a BG.
On Friday, the line was still open at 705, as that is when I placed an order at Earl, and we went and picked up sandwiches for the girls and came back to the line about 735 and dropped them off. They got in right around 8pm. They did warn us they may not get in. I didn't think they would get in. They joined the line about at the coffee cart. But they were happy.

So for those who are mobile ordering food in AC - are you just hoping you get a BG that coincides with that time, spending hours in AC to wait around for a mobile order, or what? Are a lot having to let their mobile order times just go? I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around mobile ordering food in there, timing wise, when there is no guaranteed entry.

So for those who are mobile ordering food in AC - are you just hoping you get a BG that coincides with that time, spending hours in AC to wait around for a mobile order, or what? Are a lot having to let their mobile order times just go? I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around mobile ordering food in there, timing wise, when there is no guaranteed entry.

When we were there on Saturday, we were able to mobile order both our food from Pym's Test Kitchen and drinks from the Testing Lab around 10:15am as we were exiting the Web Slingers attraction for an 11:30am pickup time. The cast member we spoke to about the mobile ordering told us that times would be randomly popping up because of problems from the day before so everyone in our party kept checking the app every so often. It sounds like they are trying to figure out the best way to handle things still so the mobile order situation will continue to evolve.

Question for those of you who have gotten boarding groups for WS. How long do you have to get in line after your boarding group is called? My DH is NOT an early riser so trying to figure out how much time we will have once our group is called.
~1 hour. It's less if you get called back during the last hour of the day. Be mindful that if you have a low number boarding group (ie. 1-20) there's a chance you can be called before official park opening. We have group 14 on Saturday and our group was called to ride at 8:19am and we had until 9:19am to return. We were a couple of minutes after that, but you would pushing it if let's say you are a 30-60+ minutes late.

Yup exactly what Dina said. My son (with his fast video gaming reflexes) always gets very low boarding groups while my husband and my accounts are still loading. We got boarding group 9 today, and had to rush out of the house by 7:15am. Parked and was officially inside Ca adventure by 8:30 and off the Web Slinger ride by 8:50ish - our boarding group was called before we even entered the park. The app said we had until 9:15am to get on the ride. Pym’s kitchen mobile orders opened at 8:15am so if you get a low boarding group, make sure to also do the breakfast mobile order at same time.

If you get a BG at 7am, it’ll give you an estimated time to return. If it’s a low boarding group (like mine was today), the mobile ordering opened up at 8:15am. I knew I was in the first BG being called so I ordered breakfast at Pym’s right when mobile order was available and planned for pickup around 9:30. Lunch mobile ordering opened up around 10:15-10:30ish. You’ll spend a couple hours in avengers campus so you can just plan for a mobile order pickup around the estimated return time for your BG. If you don’t have a BG, then you can also just go standby for food but those lines were pretty long. Both Pyms and Schwarma had standby lines today. The only gripe I had today was how few dining seats were available even during breakfast time so tip is while one person is getting the food for your group, have the rest scour for seating (even the extra dining area by Hyperion was full today)

If you get a BG at 7am, it’ll give you an estimated time to return. If it’s a low boarding group (like mine was today), the mobile ordering opened up at 8:15am. I knew I was in the first BG being called so I ordered breakfast at Pym’s right when mobile order was available and planned for pickup around 9:30. Lunch mobile ordering opened up around 10:15-10:30ish. You’ll spend a couple hours in avengers campus so you can just plan for a mobile order pickup around the estimated return time for your BG. If you don’t have a BG, then you can also just go standby for food but those lines were pretty long. Both Pyms and Schwarma had standby lines today. The only gripe I had today was how few dining seats were available even during breakfast time so tip is while one person is getting the food for your group, have the rest scour for seating (even the extra dining area by Hyperion was full today)
Thanks. I think that probably my disconnect then. I’m not interested in breakfast, but would love to try some of their lunch/dinner offerings. But it seems risky waiting until the noon BG drop. I think this isn’t the trip to get picky about it though, so I’ll just let things play out and go from there.

Woohoo! Practiced my Spidey skills at getting a boarding group and would have been successful if we were there.

The trick really is to not get stuck on that 'select your party' page similar to ROTR. I think having a newer phone helps too- my sons iPod Touch can never compete with my iPhone 11 Pro when he tries he's always 1-2 seconds behind me with the pages loading. This has proved true for us in the parks too- so whoever in your group has the fastest phone- make sure they're trying too!

Really hoping to pull off riding ROTR and Web in the same day but seems like the timing has to align just perfectly for that to work...

Woohoo! Practiced my Spidey skills at getting a boarding group and would have been successful if we were there.

The trick really is to not get stuck on that 'select your party' page similar to ROTR. I think having a newer phone helps too- my sons iPod Touch can never compete with my iPhone 11 Pro when he tries he's always 1-2 seconds behind me with the pages loading. This has proved true for us in the parks too- so whoever in your group has the fastest phone- make sure they're trying too!

Really hoping to pull off riding ROTR and Web in the same day but seems like the timing has to align just perfectly for that to work...
I practiced from home just now trying the “pull down method” from the DCA page and it took its time spinning on the select party page - enough to fill up before I made it through.

Did you do that method?

I practiced from home just now trying the “pull down method” from the DCA page and it took its time spinning on the select party page - enough to fill up before I made it through.

Did you do that method?

I did- I didn't pull it down right until 7:00 and then had my other finger positioned right where the join button would be- same with the select party page. It didn't spin long at all for me though, went through pretty quickly.

In the parks for ROTR I would do one of those speed tests on my phone before it was time to figure out where to stand which had the best speed, hotel wifi vs. cellular, etc.

Did you do that method?
I did that method and could never get through all the way on our Wifi (even though it's top notch). Doing it on data has worked better for me. I do have an iPhone 12 with 5G, so YMMV on that.

Testing it out today and I got all the way through to where it told me I don't have park reservations. I know that's not a guarantee, but I'm feeling much better about being able to secure it on one of our park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter