Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

Heading there tomorrow and staying at GCH. What time did DCA open? And I’ll second the person asking for advice on whether or not the GCH entrance to DCA was open?

Heading there tomorrow and staying at GCH. What time did DCA open? And I’ll second the person asking for advice on whether or not the GCH entrance to DCA was open?

We are at GCH too but we are going to DL first tomorrow. I’ve asked around but it seems like staff can’t even say whether they let people in early through that entrance.

We are at GCH too but we are going to DL first tomorrow. I’ve asked around but it seems like staff can’t even say whether they let people in early through that entrance.

Per this Disney Parks Blog article of May 6, the GCH entrance to DCA should be open for hotel guests -

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rning-to-disneys-grand-californian-hotel-spa/
One other great feature that is returning May 28 to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the special entrance to Disney California Adventure park for Disneyland Resort hotel guests who are visiting the park.**

Looks like I won't get to see the land at night afterall the line closed down after my dining reservation at Cafe New Orleans and my mobile order expired. Oh well. I need to come back someday to eat the food anyway

Per this Disney Parks Blog article of May 6, the GCH entrance to DCA should be open for hotel guests -

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...rning-to-disneys-grand-californian-hotel-spa/
One other great feature that is returning May 28 to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the special entrance to Disney California Adventure park for Disneyland Resort hotel guests who are visiting the park.**

Yes, it’s open. But we aren’t sure if they are opening this security line into the park as early as they do the front entrance. If they are letting people in the front gates at 8:15/30, but this line doesn’t let people in until 9, it’s not worth using it first thing in the morning. I guess it’s just a gamble at this point.

Thought I'd report back on our experience. We woke up at 7 am for the third time in a row and had success again. This time is was DH (I had secured ROTR the past two days). I went from the home screen and DH scrolled down from the CA page--it was clearly the winner. He scored boarding group #35 for WS!

We left our hotel at the same time as we have for the past two days (8:45) and rather than be in the park by 9:05-9:10, we hit a horrible line to get into the parks. It was especially frustrating as people who arrived much later than we did bypassed us due to changing/opening lines. DH was pissed, and I was getting anxious with our low boarding number especially when they held us for a while before the temperature screening. We finally made it in the park by about 9:30 but it was stressful. Horrible line management IMO.

We tried to do a mobile food order for Shwarma while we were in line, but nothing was available until super late, which was disappointing given that it was about 9:10 at the time.

When we arrived inside CA we scouted out our virtual line access, and then sat at some tables to wait. I want to say we were called about 10:15? I can't remember. We hit a bit of a snag at the ride loading as something went wrong and they had to send people through again. It was a fun ride, but nothing earth shattering IMO. We watched a couple shows and then hit GOTG with a 5 minute wait! It was awesome. It's like it was forgotten about back there. We could have gone again, but DS was done with the crowds and wanted to get out of there.

There was a semi-long line to get in the stores so I asked one of the CMs if they had any opening day merchandise. They said they were sold out. I was happy later to find that one of the kiosks outside Carsland had the t-shirt (with no wait!).

We decided to go for ROTR at noon and DH scored again. This time it was #150. We were called about 6:30, which was perfect as we were just finishing dinner.

I'm now back in the room exhausted after a very successful trip. In 3.5 days we did ROTR 3 times, and WS once. I felt so lucky to get that boarding group as the lines to get in AC were nuts. No way DS would have been able to handle those waits so we would have missed out until next time.

I won't post any spoiler ride pictures, but here are the brochures, the crowds, and the cool t-shirt! (Sorry for the rotations).

B7FF8C56-D9F8-466D-AE5F-4BB0EA607653.jpeg87D26226-D9B8-41F3-AF55-A83803AC792B.jpegCB03291D-4A63-49AE-A101-B840A47B0EE6.jpeg

Thought I'd report back on our experience. We woke up at 7 am for the third time in a row and had success again. This time is was DH (I had secured ROTR the past two days). I went from the home screen and DH scrolled down from the CA page--it was clearly the winner. He scored boarding group #35 for WS!

We left our hotel at the same time as we have for the past two days (8:45) and rather than be in the park by 9:05-9:10, we hit a horrible line to get into the parks. It was especially frustrating as people who arrived much later than we did bypassed us due to changing/opening lines. DH was pissed, and I was getting anxious with our low boarding number especially when they held us for a while before the temperature screening. We finally made it in the park by about 9:30 but it was stressful. Horrible line management IMO.

We tried to do a mobile food order for Shwarma while we were in line, but nothing was available until super late, which was disappointing given that it was about 9:10 at the time.

When we arrived inside CA we scouted out our virtual line access, and then sat at some tables to wait. I want to say we were called about 10:15? I can't remember. We hit a bit of a snag at the ride loading as something went wrong and they had to send people through again. It was a fun ride, but nothing earth shattering IMO. We watched a couple shows and then hit GOTG with a 5 minute wait! It was awesome. It's like it was forgotten about back there. We could have gone again, but DS was done with the crowds and wanted to get out of there.

There was a semi-long line to get in the stores so I asked one of the CMs if they had any opening day merchandise. They said they were sold out. I was happy later to find that one of the kiosks outside Carsland had the t-shirt (with no wait!).

We decided to go for ROTR at noon and DH scored again. This time it was #150. We were called about 6:30, which was perfect as we were just finishing dinner.

I'm now back in the room exhausted after a very successful trip. In 3.5 days we did ROTR 3 times, and WS once. I felt so lucky to get that boarding group as the lines to get in AC were nuts. No way DS would have been able to handle those waits so we would have missed out until next time.

I won't post any spoiler ride pictures, but here are the brochures, the crowds, and the cool t-shirt! (Sorry for the rotations).

View attachment 579970

What do you mean by scrolled to the cali page to get the webslingers BG?

I have done ROTR BG but only from the home page of the app so I do not know what you mean.

What do you mean by scrolled to the cali page to get the webslingers BG?

I have done ROTR BG but only from the home page of the app so I do not know what you mean.
I think someone posted a screen shot earlier, but it is the page you get to after hitting "join boarding group" from the home page. It has two tabs at the top with Disneyland on the top left (the default) and California Adventure on the top right. I was hoping that after hitting the "join" button group from the homepage, it would automatically take me to the California Adventure page since that was the park I had starting day tickets for, but it didn't. DH started from that CA page. He scrolled down (to refresh) at 6:59:59 and that worked. I figured he'd be first, but wanted to do it two ways just in case.

I should have added to my earlier post that I think it helped us to try from our hotel room. Both our phones glitched slightly when we tried at noon from the parks. I think it helps to be away from all the people trying!

We always use data, BTW.

I think someone posted a screen shot earlier, but it is the page you get to after hitting "join boarding group" from the home page. It has two tabs at the top with Disneyland on the top left (the default) and California Adventure on the top right. I was hoping that after hitting the "join" button group from the homepage, it would automatically take me to the California Adventure page since that was the park I had starting day tickets for, but it didn't. DH started from that CA page. He scrolled down (to refresh) at 6:59:59 and that worked. I figured he'd be first, but wanted to do it two ways just in case.

I should have added to my earlier post that I think it helped us to try from our hotel room. Both our phones glitched slightly when we tried at noon from the parks. I think it helps to be away from all the people trying!

We always use data, BTW.
Ok thank you so much. So the refresh page works on that then. I will try that in the morning at 7am. Fingers crossed we get it. It’s our only DCA day so if we fail at 7 then we will be trying again at noon. Will be very disappointed if we can’t get on the ride tomorrow.

Ok thank you so much. So the refresh page works on that then. I will try that in the morning at 7am. Fingers crossed we get it. It’s our only DCA day so if we fail at 7 then we will be trying again at noon. Will be very disappointed if we can’t get on the ride tomorrow.
Good luck! I'll cross my fingers for you :)

We went today. Definitely more crowded.

We were not able to score webslingers at 7 am, but were successful at noon.

We left our house at 7:30 to drive up (an hour drive). At 8:15 we secured our mobile order for Pym's Test Kitchen and Pym's Tasting Lab. We were able to do this as we were driving up.

When we got there the line to get into Avenger's campus was hours long. However, a member of our party requires DAS, so we were able to use that to get in without standing in line. We still had to wait a bit though. We got into Avenger's Campus around lunch time which was perfect for our dining times. Food was good and portions were pretty large. We had pretzels and chicken sandwich.

They have really good mini-shows with the characters around the campus that we really enjoyed.

We came back later for webslingers in the later afternoon. So the ride works by tracking your whole arm movement. We also bought the web tools that go with the game. My adult daughter was with us, and she was disneybounding as Black Widow and had a black body suit on. When we rode the ride, nothing happened for her. She didn't score any points, even though she had one of those web tools on. We told the CM as we got off, and they put us on the ride again immediately. CM noted that in the beginning when it is tracking your arms, be sure to have your arms up so it can lock on. It evidently use the motion of your shoulders, elbows and wrist.
So we followed directions and I noticed it was not locking on to her arm movement. As the ride started, again she had 0 points. I thought it might be the black long sleeves and top against the black of the ride. I told her to pull her arm sleeves up. She did, and started scoring some points, but not a huge amount.
We got off and told the CM what happened. She put us immediately back on and asked that my daughter pull up her arm sleeves as far as possible. They were concerned that (as we were) that the black sleeves were not working with the ride. She rolled them all the way up and pull the top down off her shoulders too. This time she scored 151,000 points. It totally worked.
So we got to ride WS 3 times in a row and were a bit of Disney experiment.

Take away, don't wear black long-sleeve shirts on WS.

We went today. Definitely more crowded.

We were not able to score webslingers at 7 am, but were successful at noon.

We left our house at 7:30 to drive up (an hour drive). At 8:15 we secured our mobile order for Pym's Test Kitchen and Pym's Tasting Lab. We were able to do this as we were driving up.

When we got there the line to get into Avenger's campus was hours long. However, a member of our party requires DAS, so we were able to use that to get in without standing in line. We still had to wait a bit though. We got into Avenger's Campus around lunch time which was perfect for our dining times. Food was good and portions were pretty large. We had pretzels and chicken sandwich.

They have really good mini-shows with the characters around the campus that we really enjoyed.

We came back later for webslingers in the later afternoon. So the ride works by tracking your whole arm movement. We also bought the web tools that go with the game. My adult daughter was with us, and she was disneybounding as Black Widow and had a black body suit on. When we rode the ride, nothing happened for her. She didn't score any points, even though she had one of those web tools on. We told the CM as we got off, and they put us on the ride again immediately. CM noted that in the beginning when it is tracking your arms, be sure to have your arms up so it can lock on. It evidently use the motion of your shoulders, elbows and wrist.
So we followed directions and I noticed it was not locking on to her arm movement. As the ride started, again she had 0 points. I thought it might be the black long sleeves and top against the black of the ride. I told her to pull her arm sleeves up. She did, and started scoring some points, but not a huge amount.
We got off and told the CM what happened. She put us immediately back on and asked that my daughter pull up her arm sleeves as far as possible. They were concerned that (as we were) that the black sleeves were not working with the ride. She rolled them all the way up and pull the top down off her shoulders too. This time she scored 151,000 points. It totally worked.
So we got to ride WS 3 times in a row and were a bit of Disney experiment.

Take away, don't wear black long-sleeve shirts on WS.

Thank you for sharing that you were able to get in with the DAS. We will definitely be renewing our daughter’s and I was wondering how they were handling DAS’ with entry into the new land.

View attachment 579968View attachment 579969View attachment 579970
Congrats you have way better luck then me. I had 3 days and only rode rise once. I got boarding groups 3 times but the ride broke down on the second day and my number was to high today. No food because they sold out. Webslingers I got on as soon as I entered the park at 930. That temp line really stressed me out because of my low boarding group. I watched a few of the character shows. Today could have been better but it was not the worst.

Thank you for sharing that you were able to get in with the DAS. We will definitely be renewing our daughter’s and I was wondering how they were handling DAS’ with entry into the new land.
To use DAS to get into the land, you will need to get a DAS for Guardian's of the Galaxy. They don't have DAS set up to just get in, so the CMs told us to get it for Guardians and they use the virtual cue entrance to enter the land.
It's also tricky to use the DAS WS too. They have set up for boarding groups not DAS, but line waits were still 45 min. So just ask a CM to help you when you get up to the line for WS with your boarding group. PM me if you have more questions about that.

We had an awesome day at DCA after a rough start not getting a 7 am virtual queue and realizing the standby line for Avengers was 3-4 hours. We rode the incredicoaster and TSMM a bunch of times. DH got a boarding group (101) for WEB at 12 pm, we got called up around 4:50 pm and finally got on about 45-50 minutes after that. It was a lot of fun! We also had a mobile order for the evening around 8:15 and we got in, got our order, and had time to do Guardians one last time. We really enjoyed our day!!

I happened to see the opening of Avengers Campus this morning on Youtube with my mom and Avengers Campus looks so amazing and I loved it when Spider-Man appeared to open Avengers Campus which he uses Tom Holland's voice to narrate the opening and it was really cool. There also is a Black Panther show where the team members show sword moves and I think it's an interactive show because they pick random people from an audience based on what was shown in the video. Mom got a real kick out of the reserved parking signs especially the Tony Stark sign. They also showed a sneak peek of one of the shops too. All and all Disneyland has hit a home run with Avengers Campus and will gain a lot of people due to this new addition

We tried from home for Web Slingers and got boarding group 9! We parked at Garden Walk at 7:40 and were in the Harbor line just before 8. We placed our Shawarma and Pym Test Kitchen mobile orders in line before we got through security. And our boarding group had already been called by the time we entered the park at 8:40, so we were on and off Web Slingers by 9:07.

At this point DH and I split up, he got in line at Terran Treats while I got in line at Web Suppliers. They were using a mobile queue for the store line where they text you when you can return. I only waited 5 mins until I got a text so while it seemed daunting to have to queue to enter a mobile queue, just to be allowed to line up for a store, it actually wasn't so bad.

With my Funko pop purchase completed, I rejoined the DH to sample the Terran Treats. The Sweet Spiral Ration didn't taste like pineapple. The fruit flavoring was artificial tasting and reminded me of Fruit Loops, but it was still a decent tasting churro. The Cosmic Cream Orb was smaller than expected for the price, but the raspberry cream had a nice tartness to it. I was only a little disappointed that the outer texture of the cream puff wasn't crunchy (like it appears) as it had been refrigerated.

We caught the Spider-Man stunt animatronic and the Black Widow/Black Panther stunt show (both excellent) and then it was time for Shawarma. We preferred The New York's Tastiest (chicken wrap) to the Victory Falafel which had too much wrapper and not enough falafel. We also had about a 20-min wait after I checked in for my mobile order and then another 10-min wait after it was pronounced ready. That meant by the time we got done eating Shawarma, our mobile order for Pym Test Kitchen was up. The mobile orders were much more efficient at Test Kitchen and I was in the queue immediately after checking in. They also had a standby line at Test Kitchen, which was nice since the mobile orders filled up so quickly.

We got the Not-so-Little Chicken Sandwich and the Quantum Pretzel. I liked the chicken sandwich, but it was more like a schnitzel than a sandwich since you fork and knife it given the novelty-sized bun it comes with. The pretzel was just a pretzel, but the cheddar beer sauce was really good. Luckily, I had thought to order an extra cheese sauce because we definitely needed it. We also got the Proton PB&J Punch and the Pingo Doce fountain drink. The punch was so cloyingly sweet as to be undrinkable. It tasted like liquid strawberry jam with the PB flavoring giving it a weird, medicinal aftertaste. However, we both liked the Pingo Doce soda and would definitely get it again.

After our two lunches, we took a bunch of pictures. The magic shot in front of the quinjet is a bunch of spider bots crawling around the borders of your photo, but it took a bit of time to find a Photopass photographer since they aren't a permanent fixture at that location. Then the Dora Milaje rolled through and we caught their show. At this point we contemplated leaving to give others a chance to experience the campus and learned of the amended mobile order policy. So we decided to place a drink order at Pym Testing Lab for 7:25pm so we could re-enter and experience the land after dark.

Outside of AC, the park was pretty chill so we rode the Incredicoaster (10 min posted, 10 min actual), Midway Mania (20 min posted, 15 min actual), Pixar Pal-a-Round (10 mins), and The Little Mermaid (15 min posted, 10 min actual).

We loved the modified character interactions as there was little-to-no wait for any of them. And as such we interacted with Edna Mode, Frozone, Joy, Sadness, and Lilo as we made our way through Pixar Pier. Then we went over to Stage 17 store to throw more of our money at Disney. In Hollywood Land we saw Mickey, Chip and Dale, and Minnie in their Marvel outfits! Normally, the wait to meet just one of these characters would be 30 mins at minimum, but all of them were basically walk-up.

Then it was dinner at Cocina Cucamonga. We got the QuesaBirilla and the Tacos Dorados de Papa. Both tacos dishes were legit and way tastier and cheaper than anything at Avengers Campus. If you can't get a mobile order time at AC, I would highly recommend eating here. After dinner, we just wanted a place to sit down and chill but didn't want to take up the limited dining tables on the wharf, so we walked over by the Paradise Garden Grill which had an abundance of free, covered tables and relaxed until it was time to re-enter AC.

At the Testing Lab we got the Particle Fizz and the Snack Molecules. Loved the POG boba in the Fizz and the plastic beaker cup, but wasn't too impressed with the Snack. For novelty-themed popcorn, I much prefer the one over at Galaxy's Edge.

We caught the Doctor Strange show as the sun was setting and then walked through the Ancient Sanctum at night. Finally, we took more photos of the quinjet and campus after dark and called it a very successful day!

eta: Also, we can confirm the $18 theme park rate at Garden Walk can be obtained by texting the number on the website with your parking ticket number and theme park merchant receipt.

Last edited:
After breakfast this morning I had the strangest feeling because after I saw that Youtube video Mom had brought something into my room and after I had eaten breakfast I opened the something and it was a Spider-Man plushie and I was shocked because I just saw Spider-Man open up Avengers Campus on Youtube and it was kind of spooky. My mom wants to go to Avengers Campus someday because she liked it from what she saw

I planned to line up between 6:30 or 7 this morning but woke up at 5 and couldn’t go back to sleep so I got ready and walked to the parks. Got in line a couple minutes before 6 am and the line is already back to the tram route by the drop off area. People are saying it was 10 times worse yesterday at this time.

I overheard a woman talking on the phone as I was walking to the back of the line saying that she waited 7 hours to get into AC yesterday and never got in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter