Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

We’re going to be at DCA Friday and I’m a little worried about how crowded it will be there. I know it’s capped capacity, but still seems like it will be pretty crazy. Especially since I’ll have a hard time convincing half of my group to go early to wait to enter! How bad is it to go early with half the group (3-4 of us) to wait and the others (2) show up later?

I suspect mobile order slots for the new land will fill up fast, BUT they’ve said having a mobile order does not get you into the new land. So... it seems like it’ll be a bit of a game to order early based on when you think you’ll be in the land. I think if I wait until I’m actually in, it’ll probably be too late.

biggest problem you will have is actually find a place to eat... there isnt much sitting in the land.
i also thought the food wasnt very tasty either, its worth going elsewhere imo. thats just me though.

biggest problem you will have is actually find a place to eat... there isnt much sitting in the land.
i also thought the food wasnt very tasty either, its worth going elsewhere imo. thats just me though.

What did you eat ?

What did you eat ?

I had a part of that $100 sandwich, its basically an italian panini.
we had some pretzel with like chicken and buffalo sauce on it. it tasted funky
my friend had the chicken sandwich, 2 friends of mine, one said its not good, the other said it was decent.

had a banana smoothie, it was tasty, cant go wrong with that... lol

I had a part of that $100 sandwich, its basically an italian panini.
we had some pretzel with like chicken and buffalo sauce on it. it tasted funky
my friend had the chicken sandwich, 2 friends of mine, one said its not good, the other said it was decent.

had a banana smoothie, it was tasty, cant go wrong with that... lol

That panini doesn't appeal to me at all, but I was thinking about the pretzel and the chicken sandwich. Bummer that the reviews were mixed.

That panini doesn't appeal to me at all, but I was thinking about the pretzel and the chicken sandwich. Bummer that the reviews were mixed.

the giant pretzel seems like a big hit though, id say, 80% of the ppl there had one. but pretzel is just a pretzel to me haha.

Given the mobile order situation at Avengers Campus, does anyone know what happens if you miss your pickup window? Do you still get charged or can you cancel your order if you aren't able to get into the land on time?

Given the mobile order situation at Avengers Campus, does anyone know what happens if you miss your pickup window? Do you still get charged or can you cancel your order if you aren't able to get into the land on time?
Any mobile order can be cancelled before you pick it up; there’s a button on the pending order in the app to do so. And from what i experienced in Disneyland & DCA a couple of weeks ago, payment for the mobile orders is not processed until you hit the “I’m here “ button to let them know you are there ready to pick it up & they start preparing the food. So I’d guess if you never pick it up, you would not be charged.

Wonder why Mission Breakout doesnt have a wait time and its hours are listed as 9am - 2pm...Is it closing early every day?

Wonder why Mission Breakout doesnt have a wait time and its hours are listed as 9am - 2pm...Is it closing early every day?
My guesss is it’s closing early due to special opening activities today. If you look at Mobile Orders in the app, the Avengers Campus locations show only open from 3:30pm to 8:30pm for a special ticketed event today.

So, hold on. Is GoG ride now INSIDE Avengers Campus? If you want to just ride that, you have to wait in the standby queue to enter the land ?

I bet Shawarma Palace will be the go to spot for food in terms of quality.
Similar to Ronto Roasters.

Does anyone else find it odd that Disney seems more excited to promote the food and shopping options instead of the new attractions?

So, hold on. Is GoG ride now INSIDE Avengers Campus? If you want to just ride that, you have to wait in the standby queue to enter the land ?
Ya I thought the same thing when posting my Q about the ride operating hours...anyone know about that?

Heard that this is true. Get ready for longer lines in other parts of DCA.

I bet Shawarma Palace will be the go to spot for food in terms of quality.
Similar to Ronto Roasters.

Does anyone else find it odd that Disney seems more excited to promote the food and shopping options instead of the new attractions?
I wouldnt doubt they are, those continue making money for them after they are built, the attractions just consume money to operate. Although I wish they would have built more attractions for avengers campus, although I guess they did it similar to the star wars land, two rides.

I checked the app and it still says it’s in Hollywood land. Maybe it will change tomorrow to say Avengers Campus?

When we were there last Tuesday and they were doing cast member previews, they shut off access at the right turn by the Hyperion and were funneling people through the Hyperion for the previews, so "regular" guests didn't have access to GOTG. It was kind of frustrating because we hopped over from Disneyland promptly at 1 and went to Soarin first since it had a short line, only to go to Hollywood Land and find that GOTG had closed at 1:30 -- I didn't think to check the operating hours.

In the "grand opening" ceremony last night they certainly made it seem like GOTG was going to be part of the campus, which does make it frustrating if access will be restricted based on land capacity (although that area does give them more area to spread people out and potential increase the "capacity".

Another question if anyone knows. This super cool Spiderman flying through the air thing...is that a regular show? Or was that just for the media event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter