• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Avengers campus opening! 7/18/20! Article in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to throw cold water on things, but if Disney is saying summer, what are the chances it would open a full week before the solstice?
I'm going in November, and even I'm not confident it will be up and running by then.

Looking back on news articles and announcements about Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland they were saying that would open Summer 2019 and it opened May 31st - a few weeks ahead of the solstice and actual summer as the calendar defines it. I think Disney considers their summer season as roughly Memorial Day to early September when Halloween goes up though. Just my theory on it, haha :)

We wanted to wait until it was open to go, but after I saw how they pushed Star Wars back we decided to just go. My youngest is a huge avengers fan. I hope they do an avengers character meal. When we went in 2014 there was a huge marvel area in a building by Autopia area I think. Thor did a huge show, you were transported to Asgard and he picked a kid to try to lift his hammer, my son got picked. They need to bring that back. My boys still talk about that being heir favorite part. In 2016 it was all Star Wars.

I have no clue what to expect. I've been travelling a lot and haven't followed the board, and I have 0 idea except the QS & ride, with E-ticket later.

Since they’re opening this in stages I’m optimistic that it will open by summer. But I think how much will be open might be on a smaller scale. At the very least, the Spider-Man ride should be a go.

Obviously this is based on nothing except my sheer hope since we come in late July but hey, fingers crossed!

I really hope they have it open in June as well, but by looking at the site right now, it looks as though construction crews have their work cut out for them to make that happen.

We half thought of waiting until end of summer to go just so this would be opened cause my daughter is a HUGE Spiderman/Avengers fan but she’ll be busy getting ready for post secondary so I guess we will have to wait for a few years to see it. That is unless something crazy happens and it opens a lot earlier than planned.

At least GOTG ride will fit in better now.

Awesome news! I was afraid it would open right after we left in August so now if all goes well I won't have to wait another year to get in there lol

So sad-- we were really hoping it would be open by mid June. DD is a Marvel fanatic and is so looking forward to it. Guess we will be cancelling our trip this year. We can't go the last two weeks of July and we have required enrollment events at the beginning of August since we start school mid-August. Since both Galaxy's Edge and Carsland were open in June we were really hoping this one would follow that pattern and we could get there this summer.

I wonder if it will be open during early entry?

That's a good question. Mission Breakout is open during early admission I believe so it's possible. Even if the shops/restaurants aren't I think it would still be nice to have that extra time to look around the area without it being jam packed with people.

It looks like it will be open the last day of our trip! Just like last time, Pixar Pier opened the last day we were there. Even though it will make for a crazy last day at DCA, hopefully it will mean crowds aren't too bad the rest of our trip due to people waiting a bit longer for AC to open. We will try to get a ride or two on Spider-Man and then spend the rest of our day elsewhere.

Aw, our passes expire July 4, and we’ll take a 6-12 month break again before getting new ones.

Boo. I don't know yet if I can make a trip in late July. Depends if a show I'm working on gets extended or not. Oh well. I'll see it at some point later this year. Good to have a date finally, though!

Also omg, I want this:

Well, I guess we'll miss it this time around. Oh, well. There will be other opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter