Avengers at DCA? Black Panther ...hopefully?

Dionnemay

Mouseketeer
Hey last summer my teenage son really loved meeting the Avengers characters at DCA. (Spiderman,Captain America, Black Widow)
We're going again in March and I'm wondering if they still have Marvel characters there- and also since the Black Panther Movie is out, do they/ will they now finally have the Black Panther as well?

Black Widow & Hawkeye are gone. The stage that had the Black Widow & Hawkeye interactive show for kids has been converted into a fun mini show where Thor and Loki come out and banter for a bit before becoming a meet and greet off to the side of the stage. Spiderman and Captain America are still meeting in their usual shared spot but it is often just one or the other these days instead of both of them there every day. The Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Dance Off featuring Star Lord & Gamora still takes places in front of their ride and after you can usually meet Groot. Make sure you check the official Disney App while you are there for exact meet & greet times. Also be prepared to be patient, I heard Black Panther's line can take up to 2-3 hours. CMs have been telling people that their best bet for a reasonable wait in line is to be in line by 10 for his 11am arrival

Black Panther has been over by Stage 17 during the last weekend. Also Dora Milaje and T'challa

Wooooooot!!!! Yaaas!!! Black Panther is my son's favorite - second only to Spiderman. I was more than a little bummed about all the construction and walls that will be there during our visit, and 2 of my sons favorite rides being down (Screamin and Splash Mountain) but this will more than make up for it
He'll be standing in line as long as he has to to see Black panther and seeing black panther and spiderman in the same trip will make this entire spring break lol.

Phew I feel better now

The Black Panther show is pretty elaborate. He arrives in some kind of giant black space age looking car. If you go to YouTube do a search for Fresh Baked Disney they have a video of the whole thing from a few days ago. It looked really neat.

Last edited:
Looks like he stole that car from Black Widow. Isn't that the same vehicle she used to maker her entrance during Summer of Heroes last year?

Looks like he stole that car from Black Widow. Isn't that the same vehicle she used to maker her entrance during Summer of Heroes last year?

Yes, it is. It was also used at the runDisney Avengers 5k at the Hawkeye character location. The CMs there called it "Avengers Jeep".

Yes it is. I recognize it from last summer and yes BW was ridingi it. I did wonder why they don't change the theming of the entrance vehicle to fit more with Wakanda but I'm telling myself that they want to keep the "Avengers" connection uniform with the upcoming Infinity War movie.

On a side note...

With the Avengers Infinity War coming, and Disney's recent acquisitions, I'm super super super SUPER hoping that they have something amazing planned where we will get to see all those characters from Infinity War at Disney...
That would be AMAZING. I'd give real money to see that.

Yes it is. I recognize it from last summer and yes BW was ridingi it. I did wonder why they don't change the theming of the entrance vehicle to fit more with Wakanda but I'm telling myself that they want to keep the "Avengers" connection uniform with the upcoming Infinity War movie.

On a side note...

With the Avengers Infinity War coming, and Disney's recent acquisitions, I'm super super super SUPER hoping that they have something amazing planned where we will get to see all those characters from Infinity War at Disney...
That would be AMAZING. I'd give real money to see that.
Current plans are for every Marvel character that they've offered to be available for meet and greets around the movie, but not necessarily to add new ones. I've always been curious why there's no Iron-Man!

I've always been curious why there's no Iron-Man!
Me too! I wondered that way back in 2014 when they had that Avengers exhibit at Innoventions and had that awesome display of Iron man suits but...NO iron man M&G? They had Thor and Cap but not Iron man which was kinda mean to set my son up like that haha- he thought since the suits were there that Iron Man would be too.

I wonder if it's a licensing thing or something. Doesn't make sense that Disney wouldn't have the most popular blockbuster Avenger for M&G if they had the ability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter