IslandAdventure4

Salt Life Livin
Hey guys, My son and I just watched Avatar for the first time ( I know, I know) Im just getting around to it NOW???? While I liked the movie, NOT LOVED it. I just don't get why they are dedication a land specifically to Avatar???? Is it me or am I in the minority??? Curious as to how you guys feel?

I don't get it either. I watched the movie when it came out in the theater and liked it. The visuals were amazing and it was ground-breaking stuff at the time. It quickly became just another movie I had watched and was added to the trivia banks like most other movies, nothing that stayed with me and certainly nothing I think is theme-park worthy.

It seems the majority of people agree with you. For what it's worth, Avatar is set to release two more films, there-in becoming a trilogy. I would like to hope that content from the next two films combined with the first one will be enough to carry a land in a Disney theme park, but time will tell. I have a great deal of faith in Disney Imagineering, so I'm reserving judgement until I see the final result. I will say that I expect, if nothing else, that it's going to be absolutely STUNNING after dark. :goodvibes

I think it's the lore and world itself that will fit in well. I just watched it too, and I think it would be really cool to walk amongst the glowy flora. I think also that the lessons of caring for the creatures/planet around us will fit in with Animal Kingdom since they can directly translate to the animals that people will learn about at the parks.

Avatar had(at might still have) a huge following, and as was already mentioned, if more movies come out will bring about it's popularity again. I sort of see the Avatar area as being like the Harry Potter area. Being able to step into another world that we learned about in the movies and books.

I'm with you OP. I don't get the connection to Disney, much less ANIMAL KINGDOM.

I've never seen the moving and likely never will. BUT I'm hoping there are enough fans out there that it will distract people from going to all the attractions I like. ;)

Avatar isn't ever going to get the following something like Harry Potter or Star Wars has. I think what Disney really wants from it is the opportunity to make a new immersive kind of environment. Avatar provides a specific place (Pandora) with some very specific aspects (floating mountains and glowing plants) which would prove to be very impressive if done in a theme park. I think this is just a chance to let imagineering show off what they can do and respond to Wizarding World at Universal.

I'm probably alone in this but other than pretty visuals I despised the movie. *shrug* I'll bet it will be visually striking, but there are so many properties that would have been better served being at Animal Kingdom or even just enhancements -possibly more rides- in the existing themes/areas.

I've actually never seen the movie before, so I can't judge from that aspect. But outside that, I don't get it either, makes no sense to me. The only thing I can compare it to is, when they brought in Star Wars. I'm sure people were scratching their heads with that one, but now I really like Star Wars and the Star Tours ride. Maybe they're going for something along those lines? And will it be "Animal" related?

I have to agree 100% - the whole idea that anyone cares about Avatar is baffling. It made a fortune, but it has no staying power. Star Wars has a near frenzy any time there is a rumor about the next movie. All ages love Star Wars. My dad loves it, I love it, my kids love it. Nobody EVER asks when the next Avatar movie is coming. It'll be beautiful, but it won't be a game changer. Is it too late to cancel that project!?!?! Invest it all in the Star Wars land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter