Nothing is known for sure. There is supposed to be an "E-Ticket" "flying" ride that simulates riding on a Banshee. We don't really know what that means, but most suspect a 3-D projection/motion simulator type ride. There was supposed to be a boat ride too, but rumors were it was scrapped.

They are supposed to have the glowing flora and the floating mountains for ambiance and theming (I'd guess the flight ride will be at the mountains). Hopefully they will release more information about it soon.

Oh no, I hadn't heard that the boat ride had possibly been scrapped?! :eek:
The concept art for it made it looked so beautiful and intriguing, do hope it hasn't been scrapped.
Where did you hear of this? :sad:

Looking at the pictures and blueprint overlay for the "flying" ride, does it seem like there will be any space for another ride (the boat ride)? The restaurant and shops will be taking up space as well.

I'm not great with visuals. Do y'all think this pic shows enough space for the boat ride too?

Looking at the pictures and blueprint overlay for the "flying" ride, does it seem like there will be any space for another ride (the boat ride)? The restaurant and shops will be taking up space as well.

I'm not great with visuals. Do y'all think this pic shows enough space for the boat ride too?

There is plenty of room there! Here is an image of what I think the bounds of the land will be (the red line). The lower right corner if the flying ride and the boat ride will be above in the picture and actually shares part of the flying ride show building. The small building to the far left is the old restrooms that were next to FotLK. They are also building a new central energy plant as part of this project which I think is going in the space on the right side of the image.

It was an okay movie. As a movie itself, it isn't worthy of longevity or it's own "land". A movie like Star Wars is. But, I understand the decision on Avatar Land because of the special effects, the beauty of the imaginary land and what can be done with that from a creative perspective.

Thank you for this post! I have been out of the Disney news loop lately as I'm currently not planning a trip so this was helpful. I had been wondering about Avatarland and realized that I hadn't seen any updates lately.

There is plenty of room there! Here is an image of what I think the bounds of the land will be (the red line). The lower right corner if the flying ride and the boat ride will be above in the picture and actually shares part of the flying ride show building. The small building to the far left is the old restrooms that were next to FotLK. They are also building a new central energy plant as part of this project which I think is going in the space on the right side of the image.

Great, that makes sense! Thanks for the help on the visual!:goodvibes

It was an okay movie. As a movie itself, it isn't worthy of longevity or it's own "land". A movie like Star Wars is. But, I understand the decision on Avatar Land because of the special effects, the beauty of the imaginary land and what can be done with that from a creative perspective.

They're making at least two sequels - to the highest grossing movie of all time? - so I'd say that building an Avatarland makes perfect sense. I'll actually take the kids to Animal Kingdom once this is built. The current attractions don't currently justify the price for me.

I can not wait to see what Cameron and Imagineering come up with for Pandora.
I am beyond excited.

For the record, I loved Avatar back when it was Fern Gully. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter