Avatar experience coming to Disneyland

Ugh. This is such a bummer to me. Especially after finally making it back to WDW and seeing the Avatar land there. So....blah.

I want a Frozen themed land.
Or Encanto.

Or just about ANYTHING else!

Same here. Avatar is like a high-pitched whistle to me. I don't get it. Visually it's stunning, but I would like to see an attraction/land themed to a movie that I actually enjoyed/loved. I would love a Frozen themed land, or something themed to Encanto (ride that takes you through the house and a restaurant that's themed to the kitchen).

I didn't follow the Avatar stuff at WDW much (and still don't.) Do people genuinely love that land? I mean...is this something people on the west coast are really clamoring for?

I'm not a fan of Galaxy's Edge but it's something I understand other people being excited about. Avatar...I just don't understand.

I didn't follow the Avatar stuff at WDW much (and still don't.) Do people genuinely love that land? I mean...is this something people on the west coast are really clamoring for?

I'm not a fan of Galaxy's Edge but it's something I understand other people being excited about. Avatar...I just don't understand.
Disney Park fans not many,but General Public would love it

I think while I'm also not a fan of the films.....the land looks great especially at night. If we got Flight of Passage and another D level ride like something on an Onimover system like Mermaid/HM. I think the land would do very well

I think Park fans always ignore the General public but in this case Disney seems dead set on Avatar and unless it takes over Tomorrowland or something...I'm fine with it

Hollywoodland I think would be an easy win for them to get ride of a land no one cares about so even if park fans dont loveeeee avatar they will like it more then this...vs using Disney forward land that I think most of us have different hopes for

I hated the movie but I love the land and rides so would be thrilled if they made their way to DL, especially FOP!

Flight of Passage is a genuinely great ride and Navi River Journey......exists.

Pandora as a whole has fantastic theming, especially for a film franchise no one cares about.

Yeah...I didn't go on it so I have no opinion. I did the boat one and it was pretty for a few seconds and then...I was like..."that's it?"

"The Boat One" - or Na'vi River Journey is not that special other than the very impressive animatronic Shaman at the end. If you ask me the entire thing should be full of animatronics like that! It's okay if htere is no wait - but there's never no wait, so....

Yep, no one cares about it.

View attachment 839313
I meant in a fanbase sort of way, like how people love Harry Potter and Star Wars. These movies made money but no one talks about them. My mom is the biggest Avatar fan I know and she can't tell me the name of a single character from either movie xD

Other than those shoulder plush toys, I never see anyone buy the merch from the shop either.

I meant in a fanbase sort of way, like how people love Harry Potter and Star Wars. These movies made money but no one talks about them. My mom is the biggest Avatar fan I know and she can't tell me the name of a single character from either movie xD

Other than those shoulder plush toys, I never see anyone buy the merch from the shop either.

Oh, lots of people care about it though and can name characters too. It's like how everybody says that they never eat at McDonalds - someone is eating there! 🤣 It's really that it's only had the two movies becasue James Cameron is a perfectionist.

Yeah...I didn't go on it so I have no opinion. I did the boat one and it was pretty for a few seconds and then...I was like..."that's it?"
I was pretty unimpressed with the river ride. And I'm not an Avatar fan, but FOP is one of the best five rides I've ever ridden. (might be number two, second to HP and the Forbidden Journey.)

While I assume it will be apart of Disney Forward

Stop talking about it until then.....because Disney Forward has to be able to be built or else...its all talk

Also if they wanted they could TODAY just start working on Hollywood and and make it Avatar but....they wont even if we have nothing big planned for DLR for 2025/2026 attraction wise

Disney Park fans not many, but General Public would love it

I think while I'm also not a fan of the films.....the land looks great especially at night. If we got Flight of Passage and another D level ride like something on an Omnimover system like Mermaid/HM. I think the land would do very well

I think Park fans always ignore the General public but in this case Disney seems dead set on Avatar and unless it takes over Tomorrowland or something...I'm fine with it

Hollywoodland I think would be an easy win for them to get ride of a land no one cares about so even if park fans don't loveeeee avatar they will like it more then this...vs using Disney forward land that I think most of us have different hopes for
I hated the movie but I love the land and rides so would be thrilled if they made their way to DL, especially FOP!
Flight of Passage is no doubt a GREAT ride! Even if you don't like Avatar that much (though I do), it's really fun.
Dang it. I quoted too many people. lol

Basically what i wanted to say was that, i agree Flight of Passage is AMAZING!! and Na'vi River not so much (smaller, less interesting pirates but with a Pandora theme)

Also that I'm not sure it fits in DCA, doesn't it have to be somewhat CA related, or does it maybe fit in Hollywoodland?
My thoughts are all the jungle, tropical, etc stuff should all be part of a 3rd gate (Toy Story Lot), so Coco, Encanto, Pandora, etc could all go there, but then what goes in the extended parts of DLForward around the hotel parking lots. ;/

Dang it. I quoted too many people. lol

Basically what i wanted to say was that, i agree Flight of Passage is AMAZING!! and Na'vi River not so much (smaller, less interesting pirates but with a Pandora theme)

Also that I'm not sure it fits in DCA, doesn't it have to be somewhat CA related, or does it maybe fit in Hollywoodland?
My thoughts are all the jungle, tropical, etc stuff should all be part of a 3rd gate (Toy Story Lot), so Coco, Encanto, Pandora, etc could all go there, but then what goes in the extended parts of DLForward around the hotel parking lots. ;/
Theming at DCA has been gone for a while Carsland is in AZ, the Peir has not theming that really match CA

I think at this point DCA is just the park they throw things into when they can't fit in Disneyland

Disney Park fans not many,but General Public would love it
How are you defining "Disney park fans"? By definition, the only people who matter in the success of this project will be people who come to Disneyland Park. Or do you mean people who devotedly keep up on news about the parks, such as by participating in this forum, vs. "the general public" who might come to Disneyland to see the Avatar area but aren't diehard Disney fans?

Theming at DCA has been gone for a while Carsland is in AZ, the Peir has not theming that really match CA
I get most of it feels like AZ, but for instance the Cadillac Ranch is in Texas, one of the Cozy Cone motels is in CA (other is in AZ), So i think Cars Land still gets a pass like that, and the Pier is definitely in CA, where else would they be?? lol

But like i was saying, maybe stuff fits into Hollywoodland, just because they are movie based, like Marvel.

Last edited:
How are you defining "Disney park fans"? By definition, the only people who matter in the success of this project will be people who come to Disneyland Park. Or do you mean people who devotedly keep up on news about the parks, such as by participating in this forum, vs. "the general public" who might come to Disneyland to see the Avatar area but aren't diehard Disney fans?
I'd say its the hardcore base that is on here, reddit....etc

Its the people that complain (myself included) about price and this and that....but still go

Genera public are people who do things they aren't are part of the fandom but will go to the parks from time to time, I think the GE loves Avatar. The two films making insane money really shows off how big it is...but also I don't think it has near the fan base as say MCU, Star Wars and so on

I think at this point DCA is just the park they throw things into when they can't fit in Disneyland
I was listening to Susan Bond (former Imagineer) on the Tomorrow Society Podcast. She worked on Alien Encounter and suggested one of the reasons it didn't work was because it was in the wrong park (MK). She suggested DHS. That got me thinking; would it work in DCA? I think yes. It would be an even better fit at USH though.

"The Boat One" - or Na'vi River Journey is not that special other than the very impressive animatronic Shaman at the end. If you ask me the entire thing should be full of animatronics like that! It's okay if htere is no wait - but there's never no wait, so....

There was no animatronic when I rode it in January. We used a DAS return for it so I was thankful I didn't have to wait in the actual queue. When it started I was like "oooh...this is pretty" but then...it was all just the same scenery. Not much re-ride potential for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter