Availability following a Disney Cruise

iona

DIS Veteran
I think I’m asking this question in the right place but please let me know if it would be better suited to one of the DVC sections…

Does anyone have any experience of how difficult it is to book a one bedroom (any view, using points) for the days following a Disney Cruise at seven months out? I’m guessing lots of people look to tack on a stay at Aulani after the Vancouver to Honolulu voyage but does that make it impossible to get a room that week if Aulani isn’t your home resort? I’m hoping the fact we want a one bedroom will help (based on experience of booking at WDW) but I’d hate to book the 2024 cruise and then not be able to get a room at Aulani afterwards!

Coming off of the cruise will have nothing to do with it. It all depends on how busy the resort is. October is not a busy month and unless there is some kind of school holiday, I don't think that you will have any issues booking for that time. I have been able to book 7 months out at a much busier time. Just get on right at 7 months and you shouldn't have any issues.

I believe it's been a while since Disney ended a cruise in Honolulu, so it might be tough to find data. Aulani in general has plenty of 1 bedrooms at 7 months.

I'm doing that cruise this October and had no problem booking a room at 7 months. There was a variety of views/room sizes available. There are a lot of people on the cruise going there as well and I didn't hear anyone say they didn't get what they wanted.

We are also on the Wonder cruise and have two villas. We wanted standard view studio and were waitlisted and eventually got the 7 consecutive days. Another family wanted standard accessible studio 4 nights and had to book garden view accessible studio.. This was at 8 months out. Standard are the hardest to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter