• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Automatic MDE Resort Change

I moved from AKL Jambo room only to BC GV for Nov. I called and requested BC and saved money. I hope you can get what you need.
I'd be happy with Riviera or Contemporary main tower, because they are single buildings. No interest in bc or bw as I'm not going to Epcot. Poly would be ok, even though they are separate buildings, bc they are a lot closer than most. And I've always wanted to stay there, lol. :)

Anyone book original reservation through hotels.com for a hotel that will not be open (i.e. Port Orleans Riverside)? Did Disney help you in assigning a different hotel with no additional cost?

Anyone book original reservation through hotels.com for a hotel that will not be open (i.e. Port Orleans Riverside)? Did Disney help you in assigning a different hotel with no additional cost?
Hi! So I spoke with a guest services member and my third party (undercover tourist) and they both said all third party bookings (including hotels.com, Expedia, etc) will be automatically updated in MDE if your resort is closed. However, they are moving week by week, so it might not be updated for a while depending on your dates.
Mine just got updated in MDE today and i arrive on 7/16.

I would call definitely call hotels.com and confirm your reservation, though!

Last edited:

Interesting about the convention...were/are YC guests being moved too? Asking because the convention center is attached to YC not BC.

Interesting about the convention...were/are YC guests being moved too? Asking because the convention center is attached to YC not BC.

dont forget the NBA is booked in the yacht club. Their season ends mid October, but the teams in the yacht club should be eliminated before the finals... but people will be moved for the NBA even if they aren’t for the convention

Last edited:
dont forget the NBA is booked in the yacht club. Their season ends mid October, but the teams in the yacht club should be eliminated before the finals... but people will be moved for the NBA even if they aren’t for the convention
Right, but what would happen with the convention if the convention space couldn't be accessed because of the NBA? BC (non dvc) probably wouldn't open either if YC was still closed because of the NBA. Therefore I would imagine the whole convention being moved, which made me curious about starting with putting the conventioners in BC vs YC.

Right, but what would happen with the convention if the convention space couldn't be accessed because of the NBA? BC (non dvc) probably wouldn't open either if YC was still closed because of the NBA. Therefore I would imagine the whole convention being moved, which made me curious about starting with putting the conventioners in BC vs YC.

Since they are opening YC and BC on August 24th, they must anticipate NBA will be gone. From what has been reported, if any of those teams make it far, they will be relocated to one of the other places.

it certainly is one huge puzzle...I don't envy them!

I booked through a TA and have been watching MDE for the last week or so to see if I get moved... and we did. Moved from AKL Jambo standard view room to AKL Kidani deluxe studio savanna view. I don't know if I'm happy about it - I was already starting to regret the distance from all the parks, and I'm not hearing great things about the food options that might be available. We don't travel until mid-October, so I suppose I have a little time to wait and see how thing shake out.

I’ve been stalking MDE for a week. I was surprised to discover today that our August 26 - 30 GDT reservation had been changed to CBR preferred room. We also had a November 9 - 15 trip planned for AKL that was changed to GF. We’re very pleased!

I’ve been stalking MDE for a week. I was surprised to discover today that our August 26 - 30 GDT reservation had been changed to CBR preferred room. We also had a November 9 - 15 trip planned for AKL that was changed to GF. We’re very pleased!

If you're happy with the CBR move that's great, however I'd push back if you aren't. I truly think they should be bumping the GDT folks to deluxes as the other moderates are not comparable. But that's just me ;)

I booked through a TA and have been watching MDE for the last week or so to see if I get moved... and we did. Moved from AKL Jambo standard view room to AKL Kidani deluxe studio savanna view. I don't know if I'm happy about it - I was already starting to regret the distance from all the parks, and I'm not hearing great things about the food options that might be available. We don't travel until mid-October, so I suppose I have a little time to wait and see how thing shake out.

I don't understand how they are doing these reservations, there is no rhyme or reason apparently. We also have a TA are traveling prior to you (end of September), have a closed resort and ours hasn't yet changed. I got through on Monday but of course they couldn't help me, and my TA hasn't been able to get through for a week and they haven't answered any e-mails. It's all so haphazard and strange!

It's all so haphazard and strange!
Not really since your reservation is owned by your TA and Disney is only able to communicate with your TA. Your TA is competing with all other TAs trying to reach dedicated resources via the phone or through the DTA portal to move your reservation and those tools have been overloaded just like the direct phone lines for the last 2 weeks.

At least 2 different groups are handling all the resort assignments with many chances for everyone to have a slightly different experience.

Dave

Not really since your reservation is owned by your TA and Disney is only able to communicate with your TA. Your TA is competing with all other TAs trying to reach dedicated resources via the phone or through the DTA portal to move your reservation and those tools have been overloaded just like the direct phone lines for the last 2 weeks.

At least 2 different groups are handling all the resort assignments with many chances for everyone to have a slightly different experience.

Dave

I realize that, but the person who I was quoting also has a TA and by the gist of their post it didn't imply their TA had phoned to modify the resort, it just showed up in their MDE. At least that's how I read it. And if that is the case, MY thought process is that they would go by calendar date. But that would be so logical ;)

I'm traveling in November, and reached out to UT last week. I was told they were in the process of contacting people to see if they wanted to keep or cancel. I stated I want to keep my trip, and the TA said she'd submit the ticket for me that day. MDE is still showing ASMo.

Is there any point in reaching out to Disney after UT has made the first contact on our behalf? I'm so impatient. I assume I'll go to Pop or possibly LM at AoA. TBH, I'm not even sure which I would prefer. I love Pop's compact design and renovated rooms, but I think DD would flip for the LM theming, and the chance to swim in the Big Blue Pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter